This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demograph Variety..

I've looked and looked, and didn't see (well maybe i passed the thread, mabye not) but other than male adults, what other kind of demograph watches Stargate? I am absolutely sure there are women who watch the show, because wow, theres a few threads about praising the guys in the show, haha...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

female, age 16.

maybe you should make this a poll?

Comment

Maybe... Hahah...

Lets think of specifics..
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I would think that females outnumber males in SG fandom, but as a demographic and regardless of ages, we don't count. As long as the golden demographic (male 18-28 or whatever) is watching, to hell with everyone else.

Comment

Advertisers are becoming more savvy - women have $$$$ so they need to be catered to a bit as well these days.
          sigpic

Comment

Women may have more money but men, apparently, aren't as savvy about their spending habits. I read somewhere that the Golden Demographic is the way it is because guys in that age group are more likely to spend impulsively.

Comment

yeah, on sports cars and junk...now if it were SHOES!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                As long as the golden demographic (male 18-28 or whatever) is watching, to hell with everyone else.
                Damn straight!
                "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

i'm sorry but women spend waaay more than men i think..

when i compare my spending to my dad's spending...its an insane amount more...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                  Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                  Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
                    when i compare my spending to my dad's spending...its an insane amount more...
                    Ah, but your dad isn't in the 18-28 age bracket. Er... is he? I think it's more the "impressionable young men" thing. Guys who are easily attracted to shiny things and to impressing friends and- especially- girls with their purchases. And if a lot of girls watch Stargate, then having SG goods could make them look better. Or so they may think.

Comment

men so dont spend impulsively.

thats why women's magazines are stacked at the end of checkouts etc. because they're impulse buys.

and actually, all my box set dvd's, and anything other than food and clothes are all impulse buys for me, a 21yr. old female student.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Women may have more money but men, apparently, aren't as savvy about their spending habits. I read somewhere that the Golden Demographic is the way it is because guys in that age group are more likely to spend impulsively.
                        Then I guess I'm not normal. I want my hard earned dollars to work for me.

In fact I think the last thing I bought that wasn't gas, food or other necessities was probably my "LotR: Return of the King" DVD when that came out.

I also usually look online for the best deal. If I can't get it online and it can't be delivered to my house then I don't want it...
                        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

[QUOTE=ShadowMaat As longm as
                          (male 18-28 or whatever) is watching, to hell with everyone else.[/QUOTE]Ohhhhh so true it hurts...

BTW I'm a little (and i understand fanciable) girly. so there you go.

Cheers

geeky

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco

In fact I think the last thing I bought that wasn't gas, food or other necessities was probably my "LotR: Return of the King" DVD when that came out.
                            Dear God why!???? Quite possibly the very worst novel I've ever tried to read and that includes 'charlotte's web'

Cheers

geeky

Comment

i'm waaay girly...i spend so much on handbags, shoes, and clothes

but we cannot forget all my other little obsessions too

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                              Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                              Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X