PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Janet Fraiser Friendship/Ship Discussion/Appreciation

Pages : [1] 2

lucylou
June 19th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Thought I'd start a thread dedicated to the always heartwarming friendship and possible ship between the characters of Sam and Janet in SG1.

I always loved the friendship that was on the show between these two brilliant characters. It brought a lot of great moments to the show and is something that truly is missing now. Amanda and Teryl worked so well together and truly brought a lot of emotions to their portrayl of the friendship between the pair. Why not come here and discuss your own thoughts?

Luce xxx

Caro
June 19th, 2005, 05:29 AM
This thread reminds me how much I miss Janet :( I miss the interaction and deep friendship between the two women. But I'm definitly not a S/janet shipper ;).
I enjoyed the few scenes the two had together out of the SGC (Cassie's birthday for example... can't remember the name of the episode), and it was good to see that Sam had a best friend on whom she could count.

Teryl Rothery really is a great actress, I like the way she portrayed Janet (and Heimdall :p).

Olli
June 20th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Caro

I enjoyed the few scenes the two had together out of the SGC (Cassie's birthday for example... can't remember the name of the episode), and it was good to see that Sam had a best friend on whom she could count.

Showing the private life of an important background-character gaves the show more depth.
Sam and Janet worked well together too. It is a pity that she not was a main character.

Originally Posted by Caro

Teryl Rothery really is a great actress, I like the way she portrayed Janet (and Heimdall ).

Agreed!

lucylou
June 20th, 2005, 11:59 AM
I always thought that it was a shame that Janet wasn't a main character too because she was in it for a lot of episodes each season. I think that Teryl did really well with the material that she was given to make the impression on the viewers that she has. Janet was always a character that stood out because of her strength, her compassion and her humour and I miss that a lot.

Luce xxx

Aleca
June 21st, 2005, 01:23 AM
So, uh I'm the only S/J shipper here? heh Okay then.
Yesterday I watched a deleted scene of 'Birthright' where Sam is coming into Janets office to look after her. It's a shame they didn't use that scene on the show.

Teryl Rothery really is a great actress, I like the way she portrayed Janet (and Heimdall :p).

Word!!! And the episode you mean, is 'Rite of Passage' :) I wish there had been more scenes like that.

Agent_Dark
June 21st, 2005, 01:30 AM
Yesterday I watched a deleted scene of 'Birthright' where Sam is coming into Janets office to look after her. It's a shame they didn't use that scene on the show.

Word!!! And the episode you mean, is 'Rite of Passage' :) I wish there had been more scenes like that.
Woah! Deleted Scene??? Between Sam and Janet????
Link me up!!! :D :D

Aleca
June 21st, 2005, 01:35 AM
Here ya go :)

follow me... (http://www.carterslab.de/video_specials.htm)

It's no.5 on that list. Eh, obviously ;)

John_Sheppard
June 21st, 2005, 01:45 AM
I dont ship same sex pairings, but it was a new thread and i feel like posting tonight.

Just thought (cause I just saw it and all) you guys might check out "Hathor" for a few moments between the two.

Agent_Dark
June 21st, 2005, 02:08 AM
Here ya go :)

follow me... (http://www.carterslab.de/video_specials.htm)

It's no.5 on that list. Eh, obviously ;)
Ooo thanks for that link!

And yeah it was a great scene between the two :)

lucylou
June 21st, 2005, 02:52 AM

I'm a shipper too! Think I've seen that scene before. Can't really remember it now though. They had some really nice moments, that I do remember!

So what are everyones favourite moments in the show between the two lovely ladies?

Luce xxx

Caro
June 21st, 2005, 03:18 AM
So what are everyones favourite moments in the show between the two lovely ladies?

Luce xxx

mmmmm, they don't have that many moments together *sobs*
Well, in Hundred Days, when Sam is working soooo hard to bring back Jack, here collegue-whom-she-does-no-love-no-no-no-I-swear-we're-just-good-friends ( :D ), and Janet is worried about her. She brings her something to eat, tell her to get some rest blablabla :) I love "caring Janet" :D

Aleca
June 21st, 2005, 03:29 AM
You're welcome A_D :)

I'm a shipper too! Think I've seen that scene before. Can't really remember it now though. They had some really nice moments, that I do remember!

Luce xxx

yay :D
I think when you look close enough you actually find a lot Sam/Jan moments. Hm, my favourite? Thats really hard to choose. But I guess it would be the 'Rite of Passage' - Cake scene :D

lucylou
June 21st, 2005, 04:44 AM
I love the scene in Frozen where Sam isn't feeling very well and Janet asks if she's okay and is all concerned. All of their scenes together rock though. It's hard to pick. It's just a shame they didn't have more scenes.

Skydiver
June 21st, 2005, 04:57 AM
sam and janet were so great together. i think janet was teh only person sam could realy confide in and, in a way, janet was a bit of a mother to her. not in a bad way, but in a 'i don't have to be tougher than this woman' way

i think janet was one of the few people sam would let care for her, even if she sometimes got a little frustrated

Sam fan
June 21st, 2005, 05:03 AM
I think that Sam/janet friendship is great (not a shipper he he) But I also think they could have done alot more- most of the reason i always liked the friendship was cause of the fics about them being friends I oculd just imagine Janet being there for Sam and Vice Versa you know? Even there were a few things i think the friendship really lived and lives in fanfiction.

Aleca
June 21st, 2005, 05:56 AM
Yeah, I think TPTB really should have used the chemistry Amanda and Teryl had. It was like *woah* from the beginning.
One of the other episodes I just love is definitely 'Entity'. In the end, Sam is actually looking to Janet, not Jack. IMHO.

Hm, oh I could make a whole list with nice moments, but I don't wanna bore you. :o

Olli
June 21st, 2005, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by lucylou

I followed your link and all I can say is: You are right!

lucylou
June 21st, 2005, 07:33 AM
Yeah, I think TPTB really should have used the chemistry Amanda and Teryl had. It was like *woah* from the beginning.
One of the other episodes I just love is definitely 'Entity'. In the end, Sam is actually looking to Janet, not Jack. IMHO.

Hm, oh I could make a whole list with nice moments, but I don't wanna bore you. :o

Oooo Entity rocked! I also loved the interaction in Hathor, that was so great.

Go ahead and make a list, we could all discuss it after. That's what the threads here for :)

Luce xxx

Olli
June 23rd, 2005, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by lucylou

Go ahead and make a list, we could all discuss it after. That's what the threads here for

Agreed, too!

hollyshannensangel
June 24th, 2005, 07:41 AM

Nope huge shipper of Sam/Janet, well not as huge as Elizabeth/Teyla, but, God I miss the S/J shippy moments. :D Damn you PTB for killing her off.

lucylou
June 24th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Ah but the ship most deffinately lives on in fics. Their friendship onscreen inspired a lot of people to write!

Luce xxx

Olli
June 24th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Thats right! I read a lot of good english Sam/Janet fanfic. This and Janets death inspired me to write german fanfic about the two and all my stories have happy ends.

Aleca
June 24th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Yep, and I am guilty for reading every sam/jan fic I can find :D Hey, Olli, care to share yours??

lucylou
June 24th, 2005, 12:16 PM
I wrote one called Answer which was set after Heroes. I was so proud of it!

Luce xxx

Aleca
June 24th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Oh, if thats what I think it is, then I read it and LOVED it!!! I hardly give feedback, but I think I did with 'Answer'

Agent_Dark
June 24th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Yep, and I am guilty for reading every sam/jan fic I can find :D Hey, Olli, care to share yours??
Ooo, got any Sam/Janet fic recs then? :)

Olli
June 25th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Agent_Dark

Ooo, got any Sam/Janet fic recs then?

Sorry my english is not that good, so what means "recs"?

lucylou
June 25th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Oh, if thats what I think it is, then I read it and LOVED it!!! I hardly give feedback, but I think I did with 'Answer'

It was a fic with Sam and Cassie coping after Janets death. Quite long too!

Luce xxx

lucylou
June 25th, 2005, 12:29 PM

Recs means recommendations :)

Luce xxx

Caro
June 25th, 2005, 12:30 PM

recommendations I guess ;)

Agent_Dark
June 25th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Ya, rec is short for reccomendations. A good fic that you'd 'rec' for someone else to read ;)

Skydiver
June 25th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Geonn writes a lot of sam/janet fic. plenty of other pairings too,but he does like the girls

http://www.realmoftheshadow.com/geonn.htm

a word of warning, some of what he writes is adult fic, so venture forth at your own risk

Olli
June 26th, 2005, 03:04 AM
I prefer the long stories with 30, 40 or mor than 100 pages. For example Ampersand by Geonn (more than 500 pages!!), Darkspell by Celivamp, As One by Harriet or Family by John O'Connor.

I visit regular archives like ralst.com, Area52hkh.net or The Pink Rabbit Consortium.

Caro
June 26th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Thanks a lot for the recs Sky and Olli !

Aleca
June 26th, 2005, 03:13 AM
I personally love the storys by 'The X-Woman'. She wrote 'A certain girl' and that has to be my all time favourite. It's actually really short, but I love it anyway. It's PG-13 and a drama. Go read it if you haven't, oh and leave feedback for my dear friend :)

Aleca
June 26th, 2005, 03:16 AM
It was a fic with Sam and Cassie coping after Janets death. Quite long too!

Luce xxx

Yes, I remember. You know that actually was the first fic I read. I loved it, you made me cry like....the whole day. :o

lucylou
June 26th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Awwww thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I really loved writing that one!

Luce xxx

hollyshannensangel
June 27th, 2005, 06:00 AM
I love the scene in Frozen where Sam isn't feeling very well and Janet asks if she's okay and is all concerned. All of their scenes together rock though. It's hard to pick. It's just a shame they didn't have more scenes.

I loved Frozen, but IMO their scenes together were abruptedly cut, I felt as if there was so much missing and more needed to be added.

The chemistry between both actresses was so real and so strong *sighs*. See? Forget Jack,heh, Jack belongs to Daniel *grin* everybody knows that! But we also know that Janet belongs to Sam, even in the afterlife (if there is one....)

I like it when Janet joins them on missions *sighs* so damn cute :D and bonus for Janet being peite.

Mandeep

Olli
June 27th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Janet on away missions looks always good.

I like The Curse: Sam an Janet against Osiris in an ancient egypt tomb... wow.

Olli
June 28th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Aleca

Yep, and I am guilty for reading every sam/jan fic I can find Hey, Olli, care to share yours??

Yes. If anyone like to read german fanfic about Sam/Janet with slash and... uhm "sex"... mail me. You can reach me by my e-mail adress in my profile at gate world.

Tok'Ra Hostess
June 28th, 2005, 02:12 PM
I'm surprised no one's mentioned 2010, yet. Sam and Janet both played the major parts in the show - and together at that. They were shown as friends having fun, friends getting angsty and as partners in crime solving. :cool:

Frozen was neat in that Sam actually had another female friend and the three women actually got to do stuff together.

Wow, with Ayania, Frozen had 4 women - almost as many women as men in it! Do you know how rare that is for Stargate? :)

Janet was a terrific character and I, too, wish she and Sam had spent more time together - on and off-base.

Olli
June 29th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

I'm surprised no one's mentioned 2010, yet.

You are right, this was a good episode too. Teryl did a great job as she shows us a Janet who "fights" for her friend.

Darth Buddha
June 29th, 2005, 06:22 AM
The friendship portrayed between the two and the undeniable buddy chemistry between the actresses is probably the only credible writing of female characters I've seen on any Stargate since its inception. As such, the Teryl Rothery's absence represents the loss of not only one character, but of gender credibility in representing half of the human species!

That said, I'm not a "SaveJanet" advocate. Bringing the character back from death would cheapen the character and the show in general. Bad enough that Daniel dies and comes back every other season or so without Janet joining in on the resurrection merry-go-round.

Tok'Ra Hostess
June 29th, 2005, 07:28 AM
The friendship portrayed between the two and the undeniable buddy chemistry between the actresses is probably the only credible writing of female characters I've seen on any Stargate since its inception. As such, the Teryl Rothery's absence represents the loss of not only one character, but of gender credibility in representing half of the human species!

I've got to agree. Their chemistry together was as authentic as Jack's and Daniel's.

They had a good if small scene together in The Fifth Man as well.

Darth Buddha
June 29th, 2005, 07:30 AM
I've got to agree. Their chemistry together was as authentic as Jack's and Daniel's.
Hell, they were as good as Jack and Harry!

Olli
June 29th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Maybourne? Uhm... Sam and Janet like O'Neill and Maybourne?

I think there was respect between Jack and Harry but a deeply friendship between them how Sams and Janets was? I don't know.

Olli
July 3rd, 2005, 01:15 AM
I think Sam and Janet are a couple like... Odo and Kira or... Seven and Belanna or... T'Pol and Hoshi?

Spaceminx
July 3rd, 2005, 11:57 AM
I love the moment at the end of, um, Rite of Passage (?) where Janet looks at Sam & Cassie & smiles. Very shippy imho. Pink Rabbit have great Sam & Janet slash fic but the site hasn't had any new fic in a very long time it seems.

Aleca
July 4th, 2005, 03:23 AM
I love that moment too. I like how they have this family routine like playing chess when Sam's not off world.

By the way, did I mention how much I adore Sam&Jan in Legacy :D hee

Skydiver
July 4th, 2005, 04:37 PM
one of my favorite scenes was in hathor and Rambo Janet

for someone who hasn't handled guns since basic training, janet did a good job blasting away at hathy

Olli
July 5th, 2005, 07:56 AM
If she ever gets a Purple Heart for wounded in the line of duty after the Hathor incident?

In The Curse Janet handled her gun well too, but it was useless.

jckfan55
July 5th, 2005, 12:50 PM
She should have gotten a Purple Heart, but no one would know because the work is classified.

With Sam and Janet, I liked that they were equal ranks. Most of the women on the base seem to be enlisted (extras) and so rank would be a problem with Sam having women friends on the base. Sam has a close relationship with the guys, but sometimes you want a girl friend to talk to. :)

Olli
July 5th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Her friends and comrads would know about it. But I can not believe that anyone can not show an decoration he or she earned.

Sam and Janet were best friends not only they are the highest ranking female officers but by raising Cassie too.

Skydiver
July 5th, 2005, 06:52 PM
unfortunatly, i believe the purple heart is for wounds received in combat and i don't know if they'd count a tussle with a goauld....an alien that doesnt' exist, as combat

i would think, if they could get them, then sam and jack would both have purple hearts on thier uniforms

jckfan55
July 5th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Well Sam and Jack got the Air Medal (which is for valor in combat, if I remember correctly )for defeating Apophis and saving Earth, so maybe wounds rec'd in off world shooting battles with the Gou'ald count for purple hearts. I'm sure one of the more military minded types on the forum generally knows what ribbons we see on their uniforms..

Gate Trippin'
July 5th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Just wanted to say I'm a fan of the Janet/Sam friendship too:) and I can't help but think of the Stargate featurette from one of the early seasons where Teryl and Amanda talk about being good friends in real life and they do the wacky hairdresser personas:):D It was so funny and great to see how well they get along on and off screen!

Aleca
July 5th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Heh, I love that feature. :) They both are really funny and it's really cool they are so close. As is the rest of the cast, too actually.

Olli
July 6th, 2005, 01:11 AM
I think one reason for the good relationship/friendship between Sam and Janet are the closeness betwenn Amanda and Teryl.

Olli
July 10th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Unfortunately I have never seen Amanda and Teryl together at an convention.

lucylou
July 10th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I haven't seen them on stage together but I've met them both and they are both incredible women. They're so funny, warm, caring, considerate and so inspiring. With those personality traits its no wonder their portrayls of Sam and Janet shine on screen!

Lucy xxx

Aleca
July 10th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I remember just one Con where they actually have been on stage together. Unfortunatly I wasn't there either.

Just watched 'Upgrades' today. That was so lovely when Janet came into the room, feeling almost a little unconfortable, and Sam was sitting in the dark there.
I loved the way they kept them together in one shot on screen. On the audio commentaries they said :"and we only do that, when people have a personal relation" lol That was funny, because they surely didn't mean to sound...well, the way it sounded.

Agent_Dark
July 10th, 2005, 05:23 PM
That was funny, because they surely didn't mean to sound...well, the way it sounded.
... or did they? ;) :D

Olli
July 11th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Perhaps the audio commentaries were not overseen by the air force advisor...?

lucylou
July 11th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Oooooo I so have to watch that episode with the commentary. I love that episode! and I love the relationship between Sam and Janet on the show. It's something thats sorely missed now!

Luce xxx

Olli
July 12th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Yes and it will never come back I think. Because if they bring Janet back it will be only for a few episodes I think. :(

And that is awful!

jckfan55
July 12th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Strix Varia has a well written one "Ten Thousand Suns" on fanfic.net. I don't see Sam/Janet as a couple, but it's a good story.

Olli
July 12th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Strix Varia has a well written one "Ten Thousand Suns" on fanfic.net. I don't see Sam/Janet as a couple, but it's a good story.

I had tried to find that story but I have not. Can you give the exact link?

Agent_Dark
July 12th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I had tried to find that story but I have not. Can you give the exact link?
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2454418/1/ :D

I'd call it Sam!Whumping with a generous serving of Sam/Janet ;)

Aleca
July 12th, 2005, 10:19 PM
oooh, thank you!! Can't wait to read it. :) Have to get coffee first though...
*waves at everyone*

Caro
July 13th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Another Sam/Janet friendship story :
When All the Other Angels Fled by jo-jo bruiser (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1378242/1/)
There is some good Sam!Whumping, and some Janet!Caring :D

Olli
July 13th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks for your tips guys, I will read this stories as soon as possible.

Katerine
August 14th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Question:

It seems to have always been a commonly accepted fact in the fandom that Sam and Janet were good friends.

This was played out in Heroes Part 2. But for the life of me, I cannot remember a single Sam/Janet scene up until that point. Was this just a fanon convention, or are there actually Sam/Janet scenes that I'm forgetting? Help?

Thanks. :)

.:Lemon:.
August 14th, 2005, 06:37 AM
The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are in 'Hathor' and I think in 'A Hundred Days' there was a scene between them aswell. There's probably more but I can't remember them right now :)

NearlyCircular
August 14th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Off the top of my head, the scene at the beginning of Rite of Passage, at Cassie's birthday party, was a good example of their friendship.

NC

.:Lemon:.
August 14th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Can't believe I forgot that one! :rolleyes: Yes that's probably the best example of their friendship

michelleb
August 14th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Janet asked Sam to go boating with her in Urgo.

Major Fischer
August 14th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Well, Rite of Passage talks about how Sam plays chess with Cassie every other saturday she's on earth. You don't spend that much time with someone's child without being friends with them.

jckfan55
August 20th, 2005, 02:38 PM
For me it's also just a feeling of ease with each other in various episodes. For example, in "Upgrades" even though she's obviously checking on the other guys, we get a particular scene of Janet talking with Sam about the effects of the armband.

ForeverSg1
August 20th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I think Sam and Janet became closer after Singularity when Janet took custody of Cassie. Before Singularity, Janet referred to Sam as Captain and afterwards she referred to her as Sam.

In ITLOD, Janet mentions that Cassie has been asking about Sam and tells her that Cassie will be at the hospital with her.

I think 2010 and Entity were both great episode in showing their friendship as well. Janet may have been Sam's doctor, but it was obvious that there relationship had been become much more than that.

Olli
August 22nd, 2005, 07:00 AM
I think Sam and Janet became closer after Singularity when Janet took custody of Cassie. Before Singularity, Janet referred to Sam as Captain and afterwards she referred to her as Sam.

So early? In the german translation of the show they were on personel terms in season 6, I think!

Carterslave
August 22nd, 2005, 06:09 PM
I think Sam and Janet became closer after Singularity when Janet took custody of Cassie.
I think 2010 and Entity were both great episode in showing their friendship as well. Janet may have been Sam's doctor, but it was obvious that there relationship had been become much more than that.
Considering that Janet knows about Sam's living will and that Sam gets custody of Cassandra after Janet's death (damn you, Janet-killing PTB!), I'd say they'd gotten pretty chummy in the interim.
As for Singularity, Sam actually slaps Janet on or just above her rump in one of the infirmary scenes (and a thousand fanfics were born—but I digress), so they appear to have "bonded" by that point. If you compare One False Step and Holiday, especially the scene in the latter where Daniel emerges from his coma, there's an endearing contrast between the two women's schoolmarmish formality in the field ("Captain Carter." "Doctor Fraiser.") and their warmth and informality when they're alone with Daniel.
It doesn't hurt to have two actresses with such exceptional chemistry. As a friend of mine says, it's a classic case of "two great tastes that taste great together."

Olli
December 20th, 2005, 06:26 AM
unfortunatly, i believe the purple heart is for wounds received in combat and i don't know if they'd count a tussle with a goauld....an alien that doesnt' exist, as combat

i would think, if they could get them, then sam and jack would both have purple hearts on thier uniforms

I don`t think that in the stargate universe no solider will got a medal. At least they got them but can't say why to someone outside the sgc.

RuleBritannia
March 28th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Any thoughts?

scarimor
March 29th, 2006, 01:40 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/scarimor/janetsamanim.gif

Olli
March 29th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I like this pairing much more than Sam/Jack or Sam/Pete *shudder*. I think that the two highest ranking femal officers at the SGC stuck together would be natural.

They shared a lot and finally they raised Cassie so it was in my oppinion just a matter of time that their friendship would turn to something more.

Killing Janet was on of the biggest mistakes TPTB could ever make but for gods sake we know from Ripple Effect that AU-Sam is together with AU-Janet and that AU-Sam will have AU-Janet's baby.

Oh, and by the way: Janet for episode 200!

scarimor
March 30th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Sam/Janet is my favourite SG-1 pairing. I think it was Sam/Janet fanfiction that turned me into a fan of the show, really. I watched it as an ordinary viewer until I read Sam/Janet... and then suddenly I had to buy DVDs and get into the whole SG-1 thing proper and go fannish on it, lol.

I enjoy reading Sam/Teal'c, Sam/Carolyn, Sam/Vala too, but Sam/Janet is my first love http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/scarimor/janetsamanim.gif

The on-screen chemistry is something to behold, shippy or not. I love Frozen for it.

:sigh: I miss Janet so much.

Agent_Dark
March 30th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Sam/Janet is probably the closest pairing I had to an OTP too. I miss Janet :(

samcarterrules
March 30th, 2006, 03:22 AM
hi i love Sam/Janet stories shippy or not they were great i miss Janet too please bring her back.

Julia x

scarimor
April 17th, 2006, 12:04 PM
weeeeehoooo!
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/scarimor/janetsamanim2.gif

Falcon Horus
April 18th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Well yeah, they look(ed) great together.

They should have given us more interaction, but no instead they kill the Doc and move on pretending nothing happened.

Nolamom
September 15th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Here's a thank you for scarimor for the Janet smilies...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Fascination.jpg

DEM
September 15th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Very nice, Nolamom.

This can't be the one and only original Sam/Jan thread, can it? That's just wrong.

Nolamom
September 15th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Well, it's the one that turned up when I did a search. Imagine that.

Agent_Dark
September 15th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Very nice, Nolamom.

This can't be the one and only original Sam/Jan thread, can it? That's just wrong.
No, there was another one. I think it was both a friendship and ship one.

Nolamom
September 15th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Oh? Well this is the one that turned up on the search I did. I just keyed Sam Janet in the title.

Here's another poster for y'all.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Distraction.jpg

Olli
September 15th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Great pics. Thank you Nolamom!:jack_new_anime07: :danielanime05: :samanime51: :tecmate: :hammondanime01:

Agent_Dark
September 15th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Oh? Well this is the one that turned up on the search I did. I just keyed Sam Janet in the title.
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13118 :)

But hey, I'm all for more Sam/Janet :D

scarimor
September 16th, 2006, 01:23 AM

Here's another poster for y'all.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Distraction.jpg
Oh that's Lovely too.

Nolamom, you're on a roll.

scarimor
September 16th, 2006, 01:25 AM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13118 :)

But hey, I'm all for more Sam/Janet :D
I wasn't aware of that one, AD. What do folk think about asking a mod to merge these two threads? Any opinions?

Nolamom
September 16th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Merging is an excellent idea.

Glad you like the posters. They're fun to do. A little photo manip if needed and then put them in a poster with some sloganizing...

scarimor
September 16th, 2006, 08:47 AM
I did a little playing too. The ladies in leather:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/scarimor/sam_janet03.jpg

Nolamom
September 16th, 2006, 08:55 AM
hmmmm, sleek. I'm going to have to look for one of Sam in her motorcycle gear...

Nolamom
September 16th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Okay, I got sidetracked...

Loss
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Loss.jpg

Terrah
September 16th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Can I play too? :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/Terrah/Stargate%20SG1/hathorsamjanglow.jpg

RepliCartertje
September 16th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Ok I love this thread already...some time ago I made a sam/janet WP so hope you all like it...
it is in spoilertabs cause it is really big...but no spoilers at all...
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3610/friendsforevernj5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Nolamom
September 16th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Great fun and a great way to honor them...I'm glad we've revived this thread.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/SamandJanet.jpg

Olli
September 17th, 2006, 05:23 AM
It was a stroke of luck that these two great actresses had been in the show. Something like this can't be repeated and for me Stargate ends with season 7.

Terrah
September 17th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Ok I love this thread already...some time ago I made a sam/janet WP so hope you all like it...
it is in spoilertabs cause it is really big...but no spoilers at all...
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3610/friendsforevernj5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Beautiful WP RepliCartertje I love it.
Can't green you yet.

scarimor
September 18th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Okay, I got sidetracked...

Loss
*sob!*

good one :)

scarimor
September 18th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Can I play too? :)
Please do! Look at the youthful prettiness! :)

RepliCartertje
September 19th, 2006, 11:49 AM
I played a bit today...I actually tried to make my first manip without it being a WP and well this is the result...

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3752/samenjanetfg5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

LaCroix
September 19th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I just wandered here by accident, but scarimor, that pic of Sam and Janet is
just, just, words fail me.

aaobuttons
September 20th, 2006, 08:36 AM
I hope you guys don't mind me posting this but I thought you'd want to know. :D

Just a reminder that voting for the Stargate Fan Awards ends at
midnight CDT on Sunday,
September 24.

If you're not quite finished choosing your favorite fanfics, music
vids, artwork, or websites, make sure you visit
http://www.stargatefanawards.com/eFic in time to place your votes!

Don't forget to vote in the Chevron awards! The Seven Chevrons Award
recognizes outstanding achievement in the Stargate SG-1 Music Videos
section. This year’s new Eight Chevrons Award acknowledges the best in
Stargate Atlantis Music Videos. Vote in these awards at
http://www.stargatefanawards.com/eFic/chevrons.php or just select
"Chevrons Awards" in the top menu bar on the main voting site.

If you haven't registered to vote in these awards, it's very simple.
Just go to http://www.stargatefanawards.com/eFic/captcha.php or just
select "Register to Vote" in the top menu bar on the main voting site.
You'll be voting within minutes!

Winners will be announced on October 15, 2006.

Good luck, and good reading.

Stargate Fan Awards Team
http://www.stargatefanawards.com
“Recognizing, celebrating, and enjoying the creativity of the Stargate
fandom!”
Visit our 2001-2005 nomination archives at
http://www.stargatefanawards.com/about/060_archives.shtml

scarimor
September 20th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the reminder, aaobuttons. :)

Gate gal
September 20th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Hi, I've never posted on this thread, but I lurk occasionally. I think the Sam and Janet friendship was incredibly well done. The friendship was so believable. They could have easily made the characters rivals like so many women on other shows, but they took the high road. I loved Hathor. From the moment those two women teamed up they were unstoppable.

(I will confess that I probably wouldn't have posted tonight, but I couldn't allow an anti-Sam thread to stay on page 1 while this was on page 2.)

Olli
September 21st, 2006, 11:50 PM
Hi, I've never posted on this thread, but I lurk occasionally. I think the Sam and Janet friendship was incredibly well done. The friendship was so believable. They could have easily made the characters rivals like so many women on other shows, but they took the high road. I loved Hathor. From the moment those two women teamed up they were unstoppable.

(I will confess that I probably wouldn't have posted tonight, but I couldn't allow an anti-Sam thread to stay on page 1 while this was on page 2.)

That was one aspekt that hooked me to the show. Bringing theses two actresses together was a lucky chance and I miss it in the show.

zuz
September 23rd, 2006, 02:07 PM
Great work as usual Nolamom, scarimor, Terrah and Replicartertje. :jack_new_anime07:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4695/atandtr02po4.jpg

Olli
October 4th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Years ago I was searching for some Janet/Sam-friendship fanfic and suddenly I found the Holy Grail of Janet/Sam femslash.

Janet and Sam had been a great pairing as strong female characters and best friends. It is apity that there had been no more friendship scenes in the show between them. But hopefully in upcoming movies or seasons there will be more friendship- or ship-moments for them.

scarimor
October 16th, 2006, 02:48 AM
naughty femslashy animations :)

The first one is under 40kb, so you can use it as a LiveJournal icon:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/scarimor/icons/janet_O_anim_5.gif

and the fun version ;):

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/scarimor/icons/janet_O_anim_1.gif

Olli
October 17th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Uhm...? If I click on "Show" the spoiler space pops up but there is nothing to be seen???

scarimor
October 17th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Uhm...? If I click on "Show" the spoiler space pops up but there is nothing to be seen???
That's weird. I've done a re-fresh and they're appearing for me. Ok, I've edited to take out the spoiler tags. Can you see them now or is photobucket playing up?

DEM
October 17th, 2006, 05:57 AM
I refreshed too and could still see them.

I did have Olli's problem in another thread, though... so maybe it's a vB glitch?

Olli
October 17th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Yes, now I can see them. Great and very... well... oh yeah!

RepliCartertje
October 17th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Scari I love them :lol:
Keep up the good work!!!

the dancer of spaz
October 18th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Just another friendly reminder about the
Women of the Gates ficathon!! :)
The link is in my sig below, and the deadline for submissions is October 21st.
That's only a few days away!!

:sam: We'd love to see some great contributions, so if you know any LJ fiends who typically write for these lovely characters anyway, be sure to let them know! :weir:

Brian Monopud
October 18th, 2006, 01:17 PM
It really made my day when Sam rode up on the motorcycle, and Dr. Janet was the soldier. (Out of their normal roles). And then Indiana Jones swung by.

Olli
October 18th, 2006, 10:33 PM
It really made my day when Sam rode up on the motorcycle, and Dr. Janet was the soldier. (Out of their normal roles). And then Indiana Jones swung by.

Indie? As femslasher I would prefer Lara Croft as the third one in this... what ever happens between them...:o :o :o

RepliCartertje
October 21st, 2006, 04:18 PM
My muse was working today...so I made a Sam/Janet music vid... It is my first Sam/Janet vid and it is also with stills...I hope you all like it...
I uploaded it onto youtube and the new MGM site...

song: Don't speak
Song by: No doubt
summary: Sam/Janet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMuwPrqH3sM
http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.aspx?contentItemID=64701

Nolamom
October 23rd, 2006, 06:56 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Yourplace.jpg

scarimor
October 23rd, 2006, 10:54 PM
:lol: nice one, Nolamom :)

Aren't they pretty!

RepliCartertje
October 24th, 2006, 06:30 AM
And why can it not be at the 2 places ;)

But nicely done Nola!!!

JenniferJF
October 25th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Eve suggested ya'll might like this. Those who haven't seen it elsewhere ;)

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/935/hathorpage12ug7.th.jpg (http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hathorpage12ug7.jpg)

Olli
October 26th, 2006, 06:16 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Yourplace.jpg

Great! I can imagine that scene: They standing side by side maybe waiting for an elevator and suddenly Sam asks... Not daring to look at a completly surprised Janet.

Olli
October 26th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Eve suggested ya'll might like this. Those who haven't seen it elsewhere ;)

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/935/hathorpage12ug7.th.jpg (http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hathorpage12ug7.jpg)

Like this as well.

Nolamom
November 5th, 2006, 01:14 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Interruptions.jpg

JenniferJF
November 5th, 2006, 01:33 PM

ROFL... Nice. I'd green ya, but they only let me green ya every 15th time I try ;)

RepliCartertje
November 5th, 2006, 01:35 PM
LOL never interrupted these women...

Nicely done Nola...I love those things you do...you are really an artist with words!!!

scarimor
November 5th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Woo hoo! :D Love that one. Love it, adore, it, want to take it to bed now ;)

Olli
November 5th, 2006, 02:40 PM

Caught with the hand in the cookie jar...

Or hands on 'other' places...:o :samanime51: :teylaanime03:

Agent_Dark
November 5th, 2006, 03:08 PM

bahaha, Sam has a 'oh crap, I've been found out' look and Janet has a 'If you don't gtfo in less than 10 seconds, I will kill you' face :D

Olli
November 6th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Great interpretation Agent_Dark! :P

Nolamom
November 6th, 2006, 04:05 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/ThatToo.jpg

scarimor
November 7th, 2006, 12:54 AM
:lol: Lovely

Olli
November 7th, 2006, 09:56 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/ThatToo.jpg

OH MY GOD!! Sam's expression is just... Wow!

Olli
November 9th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Happy birthday, Teryl. :)

Another sad year without you in the show. :(

Come back to us.:confused:

LaCroix
November 9th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Happy Birthday Teryl.

scarimor
November 9th, 2006, 10:37 AM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/scarimor/samcakeanim.gif

Nolamom
November 18th, 2006, 07:51 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/th_greatlooking.jpg (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/greatlooking.jpg)
Click image to enlarge

Olli
November 20th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Great! Coming as a couple to a party they would make everyones heads turn.

:jack_new_anime05: :danielanime05: :tecmate: :hammond15:

Nolamom
November 20th, 2006, 05:59 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/th_PlayingontheFloor.jpg (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/PlayingontheFloor.jpg)
Click image to enlarge

scarimor
November 21st, 2006, 12:53 AM
lol! You have a talent, Nolamom! http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/scarimor/nuytens/samanime23.gif

Olli
November 21st, 2006, 06:27 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/th_PlayingontheFloor.jpg (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/PlayingontheFloor.jpg)
Click image to enlarge

Great work. Is this pic actually from the aired episode or from a behind the scenes shot? I think it doesn't looks like from the ep.

Nolamom
November 21st, 2006, 07:28 PM
It's a screenshot from Legacy. But it was a cute one with both of them on the floor like that...
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/pink.gif

Olli
November 22nd, 2006, 09:56 AM
Really? Now I have a reason to watch the episide again.:) Thank you.

Nolamom
November 24th, 2006, 05:35 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/HEROESManip.jpg

Olli
November 25th, 2006, 12:00 AM
:indeed:

Looks good.

Olli
November 27th, 2006, 10:27 AM
After I read a short report from Amanda Tapping about the shooting of season 10 final Ithink it is a pity that Janet will not appear in it. Janet is an integral part of the show and this character had deserved it to be in the last episode. At least I hope Sam will metion her friend in some way.

No I'm hoping for the direct-to-DVD movies and that TPTB will remember the Janet fans.

Nolamom
November 27th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Okay, something a bit more...than friends...
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Hot.jpg

scarimor
November 28th, 2006, 03:52 AM
ong omg omg :D

Say, my appreciation for your previous one got dumped in the GW crash yesterday, so thanks again :)

samcarterrules
November 28th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone,

I hope its ok to post in here? I can't believe I have only just found this thread, I love Sam/Jan stuff especially fanfics and music videos.

Julia(samcarterrules)

scarimor
November 28th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Hi everyone,

I hope its ok to post in here? I can't believe I have only just found this thread, I love Sam/Jan stuff especially fanfics and music videos.

Julia(samcarterrules)
Welcome :) It was Sam/Janet which started me writing SG-1 fanfic. They're so appealing!

samcarterrules
November 28th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Welcome :) It was Sam/Janet which started me writing SG-1 fanfic. They're so appealing!

Julia(samcarterrules)

Olli
November 28th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone,

Julia(samcarterrules)

Hi,

years ago I discovered Voyager stuff about Seven and B'Elanna and then I found Sam/Janet stories. I love them both... or all four... Whatever...

samcarterrules
November 29th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Hi,

years ago I discovered Voyager stuff about Seven and B'Elanna and then I found Sam/Janet stories. I love them both... or all four... Whatever...

Hi Olli,

hmm....... all 4, now theres an interesting thought:)

Julia(samcarterrules)

Olli
November 29th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Yep! :o :jack_new_anime18: :danielanime05: :samanime51: :tecmate: :hammondanime01:

And in the Area 52 (http://www.area52hkh.net/) archive you can find some Stargate/Voyager crossovers about the four girls...

Nolamom
November 29th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Here's a nice signed promo shot of our favorite gals...
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/rotherytapping1.jpg

Olli
November 30th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Oh my... This picture signed?! You are a lucky one!

Lida
November 30th, 2006, 09:09 AM
To me, Janet and Sam went together like chocolate and vanilla......you loved both, but in different ways. When we lost Janet, we lost a great dynamic between two great characters. I continue to miss Doc Frasier.....and soon, will miss everyone. (deep sigh)

Nolamom
November 30th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Oh my... This picture signed?! You are a lucky one!

I wish I did own that one...nope, it was on Teryl's site. Or another one, I can't remember now. I just love the pic.

Olli
December 5th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Yep, thats right. It is very shippery...

JenniferJF
December 13th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Some Sam/Janet pics I made while working on a project for another Thread:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5752/dncpage20ta3.th.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dncpage20ta3.jpg) http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8030/dncpage22tj0.th.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dncpage22tj0.jpg) http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7240/dncpage26xk5.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dncpage26xk5.jpg) http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1807/dncpage27pa4.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dncpage27pa4.jpg)

Olli
December 13th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Great pics. But as Sam/Janet shipper I like especially the last one. It shows Janet's concern and Sam's stubborness.

scarimor
December 13th, 2006, 07:47 AM
I like those :)

Lizlove
December 16th, 2006, 07:51 AM

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5752/dncpage20ta3.th.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dncpage20ta3.jpg) http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8030/dncpage22tj0.th.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dncpage22tj0.jpg) http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7240/dncpage26xk5.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dncpage26xk5.jpg) http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1807/dncpage27pa4.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dncpage27pa4.jpg)
Sweeeeet! :D

And now... why have I never seen this thread before?!? *sighs*

Is happy now ^_^

And next week..... RE!! :D

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5780/mainimgrotheryob6.jpg http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/741/at001vq5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Olli
December 17th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Who can resist these two?

http://www.stargatesg1971.com/carter/95.jpg

http://bastetsgc.free.fr/janet.png

Lizlove
December 17th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Is that even a question?!?

No one!! :D

Olli
December 17th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Is that even a question?!?

No one!! :D

Well, maybe he:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/eastwood/243/rc.jpg

But I think our girls will kick his a**!

http://pixies-bookshelf.com/kaw/images/kaw-sam.jpg

http://pixies-bookshelf.com/kaw/images/kaw-lw-janet.jpg

Lizlove
December 17th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Well, maybe he:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/eastwood/243/rc.jpg

But I think our girls will kick his a**!

http://pixies-bookshelf.com/kaw/images/kaw-sam.jpg

Eum.... who?? :p

And I'm sure they would. Think Hathor ;)

Olli
December 18th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Eum.... who?? :p

He

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/w/images/5/5c/Kinsey.jpg

And I'm sure they would. Think Hathor ;)

I am! Poor old chaps who get in Sam's and Janet's way...

FlyGirl8472
December 21st, 2006, 11:18 AM
I'm pretty new to the forum, but I had to read this thread. The friendship (and maybe something more) between Sam and Janet is one of the things that hooked me to this show.

About a year ago, Olii asked why Janet wasn't awarded the Purple Heart in "Hathor." This is all still "new" to me, so I thought I'd put in my two cents. Just to refresh, these were some of the replies at the time:

Olli:

Her friends and comrads would know about it. But I can not believe that anyone can not show an decoration he or she earned.

Skydiver:

In any military service, if you display actions that are worthy of an award on a classified project, you will still receive an award. Depending upon what you did (or what the project was), you may be able to display the award, or you may not. I've seen family member's certificates for awards with a description of action so cryptic, it just makes you wonder what they did :cool:

In the case of all personnel at the SGC, they'll probably mostly receive "closet awards". They get the award, but are never allowed to wear it. A perfect *canon* example of this is with Cameron Mitchell. In "Avalon," it is very clear that he receives the Medal of Honor for his actions in "Lost City", a VERY big deal. However, the ribbon is not worn on his Service Dress uniform when he is introduced (the scene in the gateroom). I'd post a screenshot if I knew how, but the highest award displayed on his uniform is the Distinguished Flying Cross. I don't know if that deserves a spoiler, but thought I'd be safe.

So to answer Skydiver, Sam and Jack probably have many awards hidden away in their desk drawers for saving the world so many times, but just can't wear them. It also explains why Sam's ribbon rack hasn't really grown in 9 years as it should have, you can't really explain to the outside world why you were given the Medal of Honor for "Deep Space Radar Telemetry" :sam:

As for Janet, she wasn't shot by a Gouald, but was a victim of "friendly fire," even if that person was under the influence of said Gouald, and Purple Hearts are not awarded for friendly fire incidents.

Hope this gives a better "real world" clarification. Unfortunatly, my breaks over, I need to go keep digging out of the snow storm we just had.:(

Olli
December 21st, 2006, 01:49 PM
Welcome.

That explains a lot. Thank you.

But even if Janet didn't get a Purple Heart because she was wounded by friendly fire she got a decoration like Hammond had said at the end of the episode.

And she deserved it because she's a fighter:

FlyGirl8472
December 21st, 2006, 06:41 PM
Welcome.

That explains a lot. Thank you.

But even if Janet didn't get a Purple Heart because she was wounded by friendly fire she got a decoration like Hammond had said at the end of the episode.

And she deserved it because she's a fighter:

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, you're right about the Commendation Medal. At first I thought they (Sam & Janet) only got an official letter of merit, or something like that, but I rewatched the episode, and you are correct. BTW, she is wearing the ribbon in Season 3 (its the yellow and blue one on the top left of her ribbon rack, as you're viewing it).

I wish we got to see the physical fighting side of Janet a little bit more than we did, maybe in the movie? :D

Nolamom
December 21st, 2006, 10:53 PM
Okay, another little manip for our gals
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Jelloshots.jpg

Lizlove
December 22nd, 2006, 02:29 AM
Sam: Oh come on Jan! You can't be that evil! *groans*

Olli
December 22nd, 2006, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, you're right about the Commendation Medal. At first I thought they (Sam & Janet) only got an official letter of merit, or something like that, but I rewatched the episode, and you are correct. BTW, she is wearing the ribbon in Season 3 (its the yellow and blue one on the top left of her ribbon rack, as you're viewing it).

I wish we got to see the physical fighting side of Janet a little bit more than we did, maybe in the movie? :D

I will have a look at it. Thank god for DVDs.

I heard the last rumour that MGM is planing at least one stargate movie every year if the sellings of the DVDs are high enought. I think movies without a story arc connencting them would be a great opportunity to bring back Janet because without an story arc TPTB are not bonded to an ongoing time line or something else that makes it impossible to bring back Janet or other characters.

Olli
December 22nd, 2006, 02:38 AM

Great! Janet looks so... yay!

Lizlove
December 22nd, 2006, 02:38 AM
Great! Janet looks so... yay!
Doesn't she look at least a bit... high? :p

Olli
December 22nd, 2006, 02:55 AM
I would say she looks... dreamily. Maybe thinking of the last night with a certain blonde...

Nolamom
December 22nd, 2006, 08:57 AM
I was thinking it was the jello shots - you make jello (jelly for those of you in the UK) with vodka instead of water -- pretty potent...

Lizlove
December 22nd, 2006, 10:54 AM
I was thinking it was the jello shots - you make jello (jelly for those of you in the UK) with vodka instead of water -- pretty potent...
Aha, now I totally get it. Interesting idea :p

Olli
December 23rd, 2006, 01:44 AM

Interesting idea....:jack_new_anime05: :samanime24: :danielanime05: :tealcanime49: :hammond04:

But I believe that as doctor and mother she wouldn't do that. I stuck to her and Sam... :jack_new_anime07: :samanime51: :danielanime05: :tecmate: :hammondanime01: if you know what I'm talking about...

JenniferJF
December 29th, 2006, 04:44 AM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1470/shippynewyearinviteoe2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

So prepare your shippy stories, vids, poems, pics and anything else that expresses the love we know that Sam and Jack share. If you don't think you're creative, then just come prepared to talk about your favorite episodes and moments.

Agent_Dark
December 30th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Little confused why that ^^^ was posted in a Sam/Janet thread? lol

Nolamom
December 30th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Special events tend to inspire a bit of spamming...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/PDVD5F051manip.jpg

Isn't she fine?

Agent_Dark
December 30th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Special events tend to inspire a bit of spamming...

Maybe they're inviting us to gatecrash it with some Sam/Janet celebrations :D

Nolamom
December 30th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Well, I posted a little manip for our own little celebration of the new year!

Nolamom
December 30th, 2006, 05:49 PM
And here's another of the girls...
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/TheGirls.gif

LaCroix
December 30th, 2006, 05:56 PM
That look's fantastic Nolamom.

Agent_Dark
December 30th, 2006, 09:26 PM
nice :D

scarimor
December 31st, 2006, 02:01 AM
Mmm, nice :)

Lizlove
December 31st, 2006, 02:04 AM
Love the second one Nola!! :D

Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel
January 1st, 2007, 02:55 AM
Happy New Years, all you S/J fans!!

Olli
January 2nd, 2007, 12:25 AM
And here's another of the girls...
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/TheGirls.gif

Janet looks so... good and Sam is definitely a vamp.

I like this picture.

Nolamom
January 11th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Here's our gals from 2010
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/th_2010JanetSamManip.jpg (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/2010JanetSamManip.jpg)
Click image to enlarge

scarimor
January 11th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Here's our gals from 2010
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/th_2010JanetSamManip.jpg (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/2010JanetSamManip.jpg)
Click image to enlarge
That nice :)

To me they look like they're singing! :D

Olli
January 12th, 2007, 01:21 AM
That nice :)

To me they look like they're singing! :D

Damn! You're right!

Nolamom
January 12th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Here's a little manip sig line from Entity
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Ataloss.jpg

Olli
January 14th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Oh my god! What horrifying thing happened to them??

Nolamom
January 15th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Not to worry, here's our golden girls...
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/GoldenGirls.jpg

Olli
January 16th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Yep, thats better.

Nolamom
January 16th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Another little manip
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/SamandJanet3.jpg

Nolamom
January 26th, 2007, 11:07 PM
And a poster from Desperate Measures
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/th_SeriousTalk.jpg (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/SeriousTalk.jpg)
click image to enlarge

Olli
January 27th, 2007, 02:40 AM
Both pics are looking good.

I wish I could post more often but right now I'm in the middle of exams...

Olli
January 31st, 2007, 12:51 AM
So, last rumours I've heard are saying that Sam will be in both direct-to-DVD movies despite her appearance in Atlantis. And at least in the time travel movie some old, now dead characters should appear again. Hopefully we will see in this movie a big re-united scene of our heroines because the little scene in RE was more than disappointing.

petemoretti
January 31st, 2007, 08:43 AM
So, last rumours I've heard are saying that Sam will be in both direct-to-DVD movies despite her appearance in Atlantis. And at least in the time travel movie some old, now dead characters should appear again. Hopefully we will see in this movie a big re-united scene of our heroines because the little scene in RE was more than disappointing.

I doubt Janet will be back in the movie (I'd love to see her though); we still haven't heard anything about RDA/Jack being there :mad:

Olli
January 31st, 2007, 11:02 AM
I doubt Janet will be back in the movie (I'd love to see her though); we still haven't heard anything about RDA/Jack being there :mad:

Well have look at here: Stargate: Continuum (http://www.gateworld.net/movies/03.shtml) and read in the News and Spoiler section about old faces and bringing back favourites of the fans.

And have a look at Teryl's homepage (http://www.terylrothery.com/). In the News section she speaks about her appearance in the new direct-to-DVD Babylon 5 movie and "other possibilities".

Think about it!

jckfan55
January 31st, 2007, 12:17 PM
Great Sam-Janet friendship moment in Fifth Man.

Olli
January 31st, 2007, 02:40 PM
Yes, but from season 5 I prefer The Rite of Passage as Sam/Janet-friendship ep.

jckfan55
January 31st, 2007, 03:41 PM
Yes, but from season 5 I prefer The Rite of Passage as Sam/Janet-friendship ep.
Definitely a good one. I mentioned the other one since I had just seen it again.

Olli
February 1st, 2007, 03:32 AM
Lucky one. With my own DVD collection I'm just up to season 3. And I won't watch it on TV because I want to see the eps in english and not in german translation.

RepliCartertje
March 2nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
Shameless self-promovation here ;)

I just finished a short fic... It is more friendship although it implies some kind of love...

Title: Just a holiday

Author: RepliCartertje

Rating: T although probably more K+

Spoilers: season 7 Heroes, season 8 Reckoning

Summary: After a year she finally saw the one she loved back

A/N: This is actually a drabble…but it is to big to be one.
I always say Janet is on holiday together with RepliCarter cause I am in denial about their death so that is why I written this fic. Some of you might think it is crazy.

link: http://replicartertje.livejournal.com/3150.html

Hope some of you like it ;) and feel free to review...

Olli
March 2nd, 2007, 11:27 PM
Title: Just a holiday

A strange idea about that resort but I like the story anyway. Especially RepliCarter's behaviour was surprising.

RepliCartertje
March 3rd, 2007, 01:17 AM
A strange idea about that resort but I like the story anyway. Especially RepliCarter's behaviour was surprising.

Yeah well I am still in deny about Janet...so for me she is just on a holiday...Just a holiday I tell ya!!!

As for RepliCarter's behaviour I might admit it might be a bit OOC...But remember she has all the memories and feelings of Sam so ;) If someone can make her weak it has to be Janet right...

And thank you for liking the story :o

jckfan55
March 3rd, 2007, 08:20 AM
Interesting story RC.

Olli
March 4th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Yeah well I am still in deny about Janet...so for me she is just on a holiday...Just a holiday I tell ya!!!

As for RepliCarter's behaviour I might admit it might be a bit OOC...But remember she has all the memories and feelings of Sam so ;) If someone can make her weak it has to be Janet right...

And thank you for liking the story :o

I'm doing the same and denying 'it' every day. Maybe you would like to read my own version of Heros? Check out Rachel's wonderful archive: Passion & Perfection - Olli (http://www.ralst.com/storiesSG1O-Z.html) but maybe you know it already?

Well, at least Replicarter realised she's maybe dead and then finding a familiar person in a strange place... that could cause some changes...

Amanda_Tapping_Fan
March 4th, 2007, 05:23 PM
A pic of Amanda And Teryl between shots

RepliCartertje
March 4th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I'm doing the same and denying 'it' every day. Maybe you would like to read my own version of Heros? Check out Rachel's wonderful archive: Passion & Perfection - Olli (http://www.ralst.com/storiesSG1O-Z.html) but maybe you know it already?

Well, at least Replicarter realised she's maybe dead and then finding a familiar person in a strange place... that could cause some changes...
Thank you!!! Never seen that site before again...going to check it out when I am at the seaside...no internet so I need a lot of fics to survive lol...I am sure yours will be one of the few I save...

:D

Olli
March 5th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Thank you!!! Never seen that site before again...going to check it out when I am at the seaside...no internet so I need a lot of fics to survive lol...I am sure yours will be one of the few I save...

:D

Glad I could help. Have fun!

liadan
March 13th, 2007, 02:28 PM
oh, i´m so happy, i found this thread... :D

they need no words........

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/army_of_undead/janet_sam_thelook.jpg

Olli
March 13th, 2007, 04:43 PM
If that isn't shippy I don't know what is.

liadan
March 14th, 2007, 01:40 AM
true words olli... :)

it´s one of my all time favourite janet/sam-picture so i had to do a little bit more with it... ;)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/army_of_undead/samjanet_onelook.jpg

Olli
March 14th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Wow!

Thats romantic.

liadan
March 14th, 2007, 04:17 AM
thank you :)

read a lot of fanfic the last days and just had to take my thoughts in pictures...

ready for another one?!? spoilers for size, it´s a 1280x800 wallpaper, hope you enjoy it :D

http://www.beepworld.de/memberdateien/members18/nordsternchen1/andante.jpg

Olli
March 14th, 2007, 05:19 AM
I did. Great work. Thank you.

liadan
March 16th, 2007, 04:58 AM
thank you

i'm happy you enjoyed it

later i will post another one... seems, it´s "creative time" for me these days :D ;)

Olli
March 16th, 2007, 05:40 AM
thank you

i'm happy you enjoyed it

later i will post another one... seems, it´s "creative time" for me these days :D ;)

Being creative about our girls is always a good thing.

liadan
March 16th, 2007, 06:13 AM
oh yes, it is... they are such a huge inspiration...

ok, here´s my next one... as the last time: spoilers for size

http://www.beepworld.de/memberdateien/members18/nordsternchen1/onemoreday.jpg

Olli
March 17th, 2007, 05:58 AM
oh yes, it is... they are such a huge inspiration...

ok, here´s my next one... as the last time: spoilers for size

I like it a lot. Romantic and a little sad. I'm trying to ignore "Heros Part2" and reading fan fics with an happy end instead.

RepliCartertje
March 17th, 2007, 06:05 AM
I like it a lot. Romantic and a little sad. I'm trying to ignore "Heros Part2" and reading fan fics with an happy end instead.
Just a dream...just a dream...Janet is just on a holiday...I tell you just a holiday... and now she has the company of RC and they are having soooo much fun together
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5182/replijanloveqe7.gif

lovely smiley by Zuz

liadan
March 20th, 2007, 01:00 PM

yes, i also try to ignore it... but sometimes i have to face it and then i do things like this wallpaper :) happy you like it :)

@RepliCartertje: oh, how i wish, this would be true... if she´s really on holiday, i hope she´s enjoying them a lot...

Olli
March 20th, 2007, 01:45 PM
yes, i also try to ignore it... but sometimes i have to face it and then i do things like this wallpaper :) happy you like it :)

Thats the problem. You saw it, you'll never get it out of your head...

liadan
March 20th, 2007, 02:15 PM
You saw it, you'll never get it out of your head...

yes, that´s it... :(

crazymitchell
March 23rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
Just thought I would post I little something I done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/withywood/janetsam.jpg

scarimor
March 23rd, 2007, 02:52 PM

Very nice :)

liadan
March 23rd, 2007, 11:27 PM

really nice, good work and wonderful lyrics :)

crazymitchell
March 24th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks.
Something I wrote not long ago, and I thought it went with the picture.

Cabenson
March 24th, 2007, 07:43 AM
I have recently become a SG-1 fan, and I have a few Sam/Janet vids that I thought I would share:

http://cabenson.kimlys.com/sg1.html

Enjoy!

crazymitchell
March 24th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I have recently become a SG-1 fan, and I have a few Sam/Janet vids that I thought I would share:

http://cabenson.kimlys.com/sg1.html

Enjoy!

Some cool vids :)

Nolamom
March 24th, 2007, 07:47 PM
some friendships run deep...
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/4x055F324manip.jpg

Olli
March 26th, 2007, 03:50 AM

Wonderful.