Sam Carter/Janet Fraiser Friendship/Ship Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam Carter/Janet Fraiser Friendship/Ship Discussion/Appreciation

Thought I'd start a thread dedicated to the always heartwarming friendship and possible ship between the characters of Sam and Janet in SG1.

I always loved the friendship that was on the show between these two brilliant characters. It brought a lot of great moments to the show and is something that truly is missing now. Amanda and Teryl worked so well together and truly brought a lot of emotions to their portrayl of the friendship between the pair. Why not come here and discuss your own thoughts?

Luce xxx

This thread reminds me how much I miss Janet I miss the interaction and deep friendship between the two women. But I'm definitly not a S/janet shipper .
    I enjoyed the few scenes the two had together out of the SGC (Cassie's birthday for example... can't remember the name of the episode), and it was good to see that Sam had a best friend on whom she could count.

Teryl Rothery really is a great actress, I like the way she portrayed Janet (and Heimdall ).

Comment

Originally Posted by Caro

I enjoyed the few scenes the two had together out of the SGC (Cassie's birthday for example... can't remember the name of the episode), and it was good to see that Sam had a best friend on whom she could count.
      Showing the private life of an important background-character gaves the show more depth.
      Sam and Janet worked well together too. It is a pity that she not was a main character.

Originally Posted by Caro

Teryl Rothery really is a great actress, I like the way she portrayed Janet (and Heimdall ).
      Agreed!
      sigpic

Comment

I always thought that it was a shame that Janet wasn't a main character too because she was in it for a lot of episodes each season. I think that Teryl did really well with the material that she was given to make the impression on the viewers that she has. Janet was always a character that stood out because of her strength, her compassion and her humour and I miss that a lot.

Luce xxx

Comment

So, uh I'm the only S/J shipper here? heh Okay then.
          Yesterday I watched a deleted scene of 'Birthright' where Sam is coming into Janets office to look after her. It's a shame they didn't use that scene on the show.

Originally posted by Caro

Word!!! And the episode you mean, is 'Rite of Passage' I wish there had been more scenes like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleca
            Yesterday I watched a deleted scene of 'Birthright' where Sam is coming into Janets office to look after her. It's a shame they didn't use that scene on the show.

Word!!! And the episode you mean, is 'Rite of Passage' I wish there had been more scenes like that.
            Woah! Deleted Scene??? Between Sam and Janet????
            Link me up!!!

Comment

Here ya go

follow me...

It's no.5 on that list. Eh, obviously

Comment

I dont ship same sex pairings, but it was a new thread and i feel like posting tonight.

Just thought (cause I just saw it and all) you guys might check out "Hathor" for a few moments between the two.
                Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Here ya go

follow me...

It's no.5 on that list. Eh, obviously
                  Ooo thanks for that link!

And yeah it was a great scene between the two

Comment

I'm a shipper too! Think I've seen that scene before. Can't really remember it now though. They had some really nice moments, that I do remember!

So what are everyones favourite moments in the show between the two lovely ladies?

Luce xxx

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                      So what are everyones favourite moments in the show between the two lovely ladies?

Luce xxx
                      mmmmm, they don't have that many moments together *sobs*
                      Well, in Hundred Days, when Sam is working soooo hard to bring back Jack, here collegue-whom-she-does-no-love-no-no-no-I-swear-we're-just-good-friends ( ), and Janet is worried about her. She brings her something to eat, tell her to get some rest blablabla I love "caring Janet"

Comment

You're welcome A_D

Originally posted by lucylou
                        I'm a shipper too! Think I've seen that scene before. Can't really remember it now though. They had some really nice moments, that I do remember!

Luce xxx
                        yay
                        I think when you look close enough you actually find a lot Sam/Jan moments. Hm, my favourite? Thats really hard to choose. But I guess it would be the 'Rite of Passage' - Cake scene

Comment

I love the scene in Frozen where Sam isn't feeling very well and Janet asks if she's okay and is all concerned. All of their scenes together rock though. It's hard to pick. It's just a shame they didn't have more scenes.

Comment

sam and janet were so great together. i think janet was teh only person sam could realy confide in and, in a way, janet was a bit of a mother to her. not in a bad way, but in a 'i don't have to be tougher than this woman' way

i think janet was one of the few people sam would let care for her, even if she sometimes got a little frustrated
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think that Sam/janet friendship is great (not a shipper he he) But I also think they could have done alot more- most of the reason i always liked the friendship was cause of the fics about them being friends I oculd just imagine Janet being there for Sam and Vice Versa you know? Even there were a few things i think the friendship really lived and lives in fanfiction.

Comment

Working...
                              X