Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the Wraith DNA help the Asgard?(spec & Spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the Wraith DNA help the Asgard?(spec & Spoiler)

The Replicator War is over, the only thing the Asgard have to worry about is their Cloning problem.

The spoiler said
    An Asgard name Hermiod or Hermod is onboard the Daedalus as a technical adviser who has equipped the Daedalus with the lastest, newest Asgard technology
    I am sure the Asgard is concern about the Wraith , they could be the next greatest threat after Replicator if/when they get into other Galaxy.

But i can 't wonder if the Asgard have other interest for entering Pegasus Galaxy.

The Asgard were once humanoid species like human ,and they may even be a distant relative to the Ancient.
    That's why Asgard were studying human genetic, and conducting many secret experiment(some even without the consent of the Asgard high council).

Their goal is to creat a template of clone, with superior mental compacity for the Asgard mind.some Asgard belives they could mix healthy ancient Asgard DNA and human DNA.Because some human have hidden the potential of the Ancient.

The Wraith is a relive of the Ancient species, they were created by accident, some insects species 's DNA combine with human DNA and mutated into the Wraith species.

The Wraith were advance enough to defeat the Ancient, and the Wraith have some sort telepathic collective mind. The superior mental power of the Asgard could survive in a collective mind network instead of just depending on an individual body.

Teyla have some Wraith DNA ,she is fine, and the spoiler said**** Ford will become part Wraith.****
    The study of Wraith DNA could help the Asgard.

I think the Asguard might be particularly interested in the Wraith ability to regenerate and live forever naturally. How deep does it go? Could they regenerate genetic damage caused by say radiation exposure or a faulty cloning process? Could the Asguard study the method by which they regenerate and adapt it to work with their own species or just create new clone bodies with Wraith DNA content which wouldn't die and thus wouldn't need replacing?

I just hope they don't get the idea to trade the Wraith hyperdrive tech in exchange, that'd be pretty bad for us I think, and the Asguard do seem to like to trade tech to people who help them.

Comment

I thought they were interested in the human form so they could clone some human shells, transfer their conciousness into them and have babies the old fashioned way? If that's the case, if they were to live in a wraith body wouldn't they need to feed off of humans too?

Also, we're still not sure how the wraith aquired their technology. They could have invented it themselves or they might have gotten it somewhere, somehow. It might even be some of the simpler ancient technology modified to suit their needs.

Comment

I doubt the Asgard will use the Wraith to their advantage. Regenerating means feeding, and they definitely wouldn't give the Wraith their hyperdrive. Even considering the Asgard doing that makes me mad . My guess is that they are helping us. Plainly and simply. I suppose in the future they might come to study Atlantis for secrets, but they have the knowledge of the Ancients at their disposal already.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

If the Asgard do manage to successfully manipulate and integrate Wraith DNA to their advantage, will that mean Thor and the gang are gonna try and eat us? That prospect puts the Taur'i at a severe disadvantage. Unless the Asgard create "herds" to harvest, which basically turns them into Asgard versions of the Wraith.

Comment

The only wraith dna I can perceive them using is that of teyla's... mmm telepathy.

Comment

Think about this, why would the Asgard use wraith DNA, when atlantis could provide them with ancient DNA, or at least be able to synthesise it from something in the database. The ancients are a much higher being than both the wraith and the asgard in evolutionary terms, they were IMO the first living creaeures of a normal sense (human form etc, not SCO).
              They can handle an infinite ammount of knowledge(according to thor in rising the repository is infinite), which means they must have a brain thats better than the asgard, so just use Ancients to become ' hosts' and leave the wraith to starve.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

There are to many disadvantages to using wraith DNA. Using human and ancient DNA would be alot safer and you don't turn into a crazy vampire thing.

Comment

Look at O'Neill when Thor downloaded his consciousness into the ships computer, It managed to come up with a weapon that gave them the upper hand against the Replicators. They had been at war for goodness knows how many years & losing badly, yet the Ancient knowledge managed to create an equaliser for their species in a matter of minutes/hours.

Now Atlantis has been found, They have been having problems extracting the Ancient DB that they have. Yet Atlantis is the source & has all the direct conduits into the information that would save the civ from extinction. So their best bet would be to help keep the city safe from the wraith, while their scientists got to work.

Comment

They should bring their best scientist and put his/her mind into the ancient DB.

Comment

Working...
                    X