Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exploration of Atlantis's Planet (Lantis, for lack of a better name)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exploration of Atlantis's Planet (Lantis, for lack of a better name)

One thing I am hoping to see more of this year is the exploration of the plantet on which Atlantis resides (i have taking to calling it Lantis, for lack of a better name or imagination).

Here they are on a planet that is mostly water, and they have not done a single episode below the surface, save for "the rising" Atlanits was designed to rest below the water if need be, the planet is mostly ocean, would it not make sense for the ancients to allocate more importance to underwater persuits, it would be ideal for a food source, or maybe a shipyard, something, the Puddle Jumpers would have not problem with the underwater aspect, maybe the jumper bay even has an access to the ocean?

All i am saying is that for a huge floating city there has been little emphasis placed on the surroundings, perhaps its time to do some exploring?

Hell even tying a rope to the back of a PJ and water skiing would be more use than what they have done with the ocean.

anyways, enough of that, any thoughts?

p.s. i have yet to catch a name for the planet, is there one?
    why does McKay pronounce it Day-ta and not Data?
    Or why loootenant and not lieutenant?

I think it's Lantia, but I'm definitely not sure about that. I agree that there should be more underwater episodes, but I don't think it's anything major.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Maybe Ford's name for the planet stuck, Lantia.

I think the ancients have a different vehicle for underwater explorations, the demands for that is different to that of space.

But water based activities would be cool, the waterskiing puddlejumper style would be one hell of a visual.

Part of the city must still be submerged, the lower levels must have a cool water view, kinda like one of those walk through aquariums.

Comment

lantis is pritty good but we need something better for the world of the ancients.Maybe Lantia dont know. But u are right if most of the planet is water they should look for more underwater stuff or something like that. But that good news is that even though most of the planet is water the island that they found in the storm & the eye is as big as the United States i believe. So there is still a pritty huge landmass to build cities.
        sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

cities are not needed at this points though, food was a mainconcern, the land mass apparently solved that problem. another though i had was what if a section of the city was damaged and taking on water, there would have to be some sort fo repair equipment

Comment

I think either Joe Mallozzi or Brad Wright mentioned that the planet's official name is Lantia, and the Ancients are called Lantians. Yeah, when I heard that Atlantis started off underwater I expected that there'd be at least one or two eps exploring the ocean. Oh well, there's only been one season so far, there's still plenty of time.
            O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
            [Cut to shot of the door]
            [Cut back to O'Neill]
            O'NEILL: Any time now.
            [Cut back to door]

Comment

maybe the docking station that kept atlantis to the sea floor had levels and was a research lab that they can look up now that they have power. 3 things i wanna see the ocean floor, Lantia's moons and the main land. and the ancients dont have many ships but those they have can do anything maye the PJ is a submersable

Comment

also i noticed on of the structues on atlantis looked a lot like a dock, it was suspended between two on the arms, and would be perfect, i dunno, i just think it could have a lot of potential.

Comment

Lantia has a moon?

Comment

martin gero confirmed that the planet is called "Lantia"
                    come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

I want to see the main land where Teylas people live.

Comment

indeed, more exploration in general is needed, the mainland should be named as well, and hopefully there will be even more Atlantian goodies to be found there

Comment

we got glimses in gift and storm/the eye.

As to underwaterness, yes! I think in time we will explore the water and if my suspicions are correct and we submerge the city in siege 3 then the PJ will have to be able to underwater to simply get to the surface/ mainland therefore underwater exploration would be on the cards.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                            we got glimses in gift and storm/the eye.

As to underwaterness, yes! I think in time we will explore the water and if my suspicions are correct and we submerge the city in siege 3 then the PJ will have to be able to underwater to simply get to the surface/ mainland therefore underwater exploration would be on the cards.
                            I doubt were going to submerge the city. I wanna see a leviathan!

Comment

leviathan?

the sea monster? could work, heres a thought, what about a native species, mermaids?

Comment

Working...
                              X