Air Date: 7/9/05 (SATURDAY)
    Time Slot: 8:00 PM-9:00 PM EST on NBC
    Episode Title: "The Hand Of God"

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (7/9-2; 2 HR.)*
    Air Date: 7/9/05 (SATURDAY)
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on NBC
    Episode Title: "Kobol's Last Gleaming, Parts I & II"

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Wow! Well, I see this as a scheduling ploy by NBC/Universal to help kick start the Battlestar Galactica Season Two premiere on the SciFi Channel. I wonder, however, if they will also be showing those promo commercials for SG1 and SGA's news seasons as well on NBC? I guess I'll have to watch and find out!

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana
    Last edited by morjana; 18 June 2005, 01:13 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I understand that NBC nearly decided to air BSG on NBC as a regular show. That would have been a good thing, as there would have been fewer commercials (Skiffy has more ads per hour and less show than NBC), and it would have freed up another slot for a science fiction show on Skiffy.

Certainly couldn't have HURT. NBC dropped to the FOURTH network in evening television program ratings (they do well in late night and news programs).. so maybe they would have been better off with BSG 75 than endless Law & Order clones?

Perhaps Star Trek: Enterprise could have gotten the chance to continue getting it RIGHT (finally) as they did in Season 4?

Comment

yeah, ENT season 5 of scifi would have been great

Comment

...Only if B&B handed the whole shebang over to Manny Coto.

My Favorite Jayne Quotes:
        "Time for some thrilling heroics."
        "These are stone killers, little man. They ain't cuddly like me."
        "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in ruttin' command."
        "I'll be in my bunk."

Comment

The cool thing about this is the Network is sitting up and taking notice.... it is a fantastic show! The bad thing... if for some reason it did move over to NBC.. the minute the ratings dropped *Poof* our show is gone... Sci_Fi has a lower rating expectation thus the show and the quality may have a better chance of remaining for years..... mmm hav eto ponder this for a bit
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I have to agree with Tame I would hate to see BSG cancelled or influenced by "low" ratings on NBC - 2+million viewers is FANTASTIC for Sci Fi, and an absolute abomination for anything on NBC I'm almost afraid of what would happen if the show went mainstream How much would the networks want more "oversight" on the show, "fixing" things about the show that would never work on the much more restrictive networks..... what are the chances they won't edit in any way shape or form any of the nudity or sexuality (yes, I know some of you don't agree with it in the first place - I have no desire to get into that argument again , I am merely commenting on the level of censorship on Sci Fi vs NBC...)

It's great for the show to get more exposure, and it seemed to work well for Monk (albiet a VERY different sort of show ), so fingers crossed for lots of new viewers, without attracting the wrong sort of attention from the network censors.....

Comment

Didn't BSG garner it's highest ratings and such on SciFi? Wouldn't scifi continue to air BSG even if it bombs on NBC?

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                Didn't BSG garner it's highest ratings and such on SciFi? Wouldn't scifi continue to air BSG even if it bombs on NBC?
                NBC is just airing those three episodes to help promote the start of the new season on July 15th. The ratings on NBC won't affect SciFi Channel's decision on season two, espeically as these are repeats of season one episodes.

It's just a programming ploy.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by bugchicklv
                  ...Only if B&B handed the whole shebang over to Manny Coto.
                  Braga has a new show to run into the ground: Treshold, that will air on CBS
                  that would have prevented him from screwing up a season 5

Comment

Can somebody tell me what is Battlestar Galactica actually?? I don't know it and I have sometimes heared about it in here at GW.
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                      NBC is just airing those three episodes to help promote the start of the new season on July 15th. The ratings on NBC won't affect SciFi Channel's decision on season two, espeically as these are repeats of season one episodes.

It's just a programming ploy.

Morjana
                      Is that something like what USA and ABC are doing (or did do) with Monk??
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                        Can somebody tell me what is Battlestar Galactica actually?? I don't know it and I have sometimes heared about it in here at GW.
                        Go here . It's the BattleStar Galactica section of the GateWorld site. It will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about BattleStar Galactica, and it will answer your question far better than i can.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                          Is that something like what USA and ABC are doing (or did do) with Monk??

Yes, exactly.

It's being done now quite regularly between broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, WB, UPN) have sister cable channels.CSI: Miami is on A & E; Medical Investigation is on TNT; The Dead Zone was shown on the SciFi Channel for it's first season as part of a repurpose with USA Network...and so on.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

July 9th? Dat's my burfday!
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                            X