PDA

View Full Version : GateWorld Main Page Updates?

Major Tyler
June 18th, 2005, 11:57 AM
How come the GateWorld main page hasn't been updated in about a week? Is Darren on vacation? If he is that's perfectly fine :P I just want to make sure everything is okay.

Erik Pasternak
June 18th, 2005, 12:31 PM
As they say, "No news is good news." :D

Skydiver
June 18th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Darren is on vacation

you can be sure, as soon as he comes back, we'll have a slew of updates

Ace
June 18th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah... I was beginning to wonder the same thing! LOL

I kept thinking this was strange especially with all the news and pictures coming through the forum lately. Good to know... Hope Darren has fun where ever he is

Ace

morjana
June 18th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Yeah... I was beginning to wonder the same thing! LOL

I kept thinking this was strange especially with all the news and pictures coming through the forum lately. Good to know... Hope Darren has fun where ever he is

Ace

I've got my fingers (and toes crossed), that perhaps Darren is on vacation again this year up at Bridge Studios!

Would be so cool if Darren got another invite up there.

Morjana

David
June 18th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Darren and I have already made our trip up to Bridge this year.

http://www.gateworld.net/staff/graphics/darrendavid01.jpg

Traveling for GateWorld is not really vacation. He's back at the homestead partaking in some REAL vacation with family and friends, which frankly I say HURRAY! He needs it and deserves it.

If TPTB are kind I hope to return to The Bridge for 'Phenomenon' this summer. Another trip to LA in October may also yield some interesting goodies for GateWorld.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
June 18th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Pegasus Galaxy (http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com) already has promo Pics for some of the Atlantis episodes. Which shocked me because GateWorld usually has them up before any other web site does.

Major Tyler
June 18th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Darren is on vacation

you can be sure, as soon as he comes back, we'll have a slew of updatesThanks for the info! I hope Darren has an awesome vacation! Lord knows he deserves it. :p

David
June 19th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Pegasus Galaxy (http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com) already has promo Pics for some of the Atlantis episodes. Which shocked me because GateWorld usually has them up before any other web site does.

GateWorld's primary goal is to bring you content that cannot be found anywhere else. Pictures are nice, but you can get them just about anywhere. Some sites function to purely administer them, but they're basically copying and pasting other people's work inside a nifty interface. Once you've saved these pictures to your hard drive (and we all do ;)) you have little need for said sites.

Now, we will strive to get these posted as soon as we can, but exclusive goodies will come first.

For example, I hope to be posting a 13-minute video from the Creation Vancouver convention on the Forum later today!

keshou
June 19th, 2005, 07:16 AM
For example, I hope to be posting a 13-minute video from the Creation Vancouver convention on the Forum later today!
Yay! I've been wondering when the rest of the Vancouver goodies would show up. ;)

David
June 19th, 2005, 07:19 AM
I do apologize for being way behind schedule for the launch of this little video, but we had to get clearance before publishing it.

Helo
June 19th, 2005, 09:12 AM
I do apologize for being way behind schedule for the launch of this little video, but we had to get clearance before publishing it.

No worries. Except for how much work Darren is going to have when he gets back, :D

shockwave
June 20th, 2005, 11:55 AM
looks like darren is back, there has been a news post about RDA on the Simpsons :)

odinseye
June 20th, 2005, 12:28 PM
looks like darren is back, there has been a news post about RDA on the Simpsons :)

Hurrah ! I am exicted he'll be on the simpsons

now.. get my stargate news :cool:

shockwave
June 20th, 2005, 01:21 PM
I think the news that will be posted in the upcoming days will already be old news to most of us ;)

David
June 20th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Well you folks are at the very top percentile of Stargate fans. Forum members are always in the heat of it all -- but I've cooked up a news story that no one knows anything about :)

shockwave
June 20th, 2005, 01:30 PM
cool, will it be up by tomorrow?

GateWorld
June 20th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Hi, all!

Yes, indeed, I did forsake my Stargate vows and spend a week offline. We drove the Oregon coast and spent some time in Seattle with our good friends from Chicago (one of whom occasionally lurks here ... bzzt!). Good fun was had by all.

I'm hip-deep in catching up now, and we hope to have all the new episodic and cast photos up at GateWorld later this week. We also have some interesting news stories in the hopper, the annual upgrade of The Stargate Primer, and there's no end in sight for exclusive interviews from the sets of SG-1 and Atlantis.

I promise not to leave you for so long again ... until next time. ;)

Darren

Wass
June 20th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Darren you deserve a break like anyone else hope you had fun.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
June 20th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Now that he's back, he just has to put a GateWorld Rating for the SG-1 and Atlantis finales

sg-1fanintn
June 20th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Yes, Darren, we could certainly tell you were away, but everyone deserves a vacation! Glad it was a good one, and it's good that you're back!