This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSN Messenger contacts

This thread is for SG1 fans who want to add new contacts on their MSN Messenger. If you want to add contacts, please reply with: "PM me for contact" or something.

PM me for contact
    "If a tree falls in the forest, and no one's around to hear it, do the squirrels think Jaffa are attacking?" -Justin

Shouldn't this be in the Off Topic area?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
      Shouldn't this be in the Off Topic area?
      Agreed, but how about an AOL list? Or ICQ?
      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

If anyone wants to MSN messanger you all they have to do is click that blue boy next your name.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
          If anyone wants to MSN messanger you all they have to do is click that blue boy next your name.
          Yeah, but maybe some people might feel uncomfortable adding it to their bio.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.

Comment

okay, I guess I should have not even bothered.

1. What on earth would make someone click my little blue boy and message me of their own volition? Hence this is an invitation. You don't just show up uninvited ya know.

2. If this is off topic, then move it mod. God forbid I post in the wrong place.

3. You want an AOL/ICQ list? Nobodys stopping you

I'm beginning to wonder if I can buy my new bike now with all the 2 cents saving up here. Nevermind my defensivness though It's just a natural reaction to people questioning my judgment. But there are your answers.
            "If a tree falls in the forest, and no one's around to hear it, do the squirrels think Jaffa are attacking?" -Justin

Comment

Don't worry about it...some people here are a little....stick-up-buttish....but thats just my viewpoint.
              "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

1. Newbies don't try to BRING you post count up....just be here....oky...
                2. It has to be in Off-Top...where is ther mod...
                3. If you really want to add ppl to MSN...just go trough the profiles
                4. Don't be segregative of other messengers...like AIM, ICQ, Y!...I have all of those...and MSN, I just don't wanna post my e-mail address

Comment

You know what. I'm outa here. Do any of you really need to tell me how to post, where to post, and that I should not even post??? I guess you're all BB mod wannabes aint ya. Except you, petzk. Now this post is going down in a dive. Thanks allot for leaving well enough alone. It so sucks when useless garb clutters up a post that has a purpose. I so hate that. Sometimes topics could really do without others' 2 cents. But then some of you have heavy pockets needing unloading. Unloading like a machine gun pinging useless pennies around that nobody cares for.

1. I only use Messenger, I only have Messenger, and this topic is about Messenger. Earth to Newbie... come in Newbie. My god!! You have all those message services. You must have allot of contacts. So you won't miss it if I don't add you then.
                  2. Your other comments don't merit a reply from me, Newbie.

CIAO

PS, If I obtain any new patience for this garb when I wake up in the morning, I'll just pretend this didn't happen
                  Last edited by JustinZZR600; 14 June 2004, 03:23 AM.

Comment

I'm going to move this to off topic.

anyone that wishes to add Justin to thier messenger list, please feel free

And everyone stop, take a breath and relax

Is there an interest in a YIM, AIM and ICQ list? if so, we can start threads for folks to list thier contact names and then folks can IM them if they wish
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not quite sure how a thread that started as an attempt to be friendly has managed to degenerate so fast into something that's not very friendly at all...

[snip]

If anyone wants to share MSM Messenger details - and it does seem worth doing, I can imagine there are people who might steer clear of giving themselves one of those blue icons but would be prepared to share the details in a thread with friends - then if you want to include stuff like your timezone and the kind of thing you're interested in discussing, then that might help people get together with each other.
                      Last edited by Madeleine; 14 June 2004, 04:41 AM. Reason: Eeep! Denise has already moved the thread, does that mean she gets my magic beans this month?

Madeleine

Comment

If you want to create a thread inviting people to message you, go right ahead. If it's unpopular it will sink to the bottom. This is a brand new guy. He might not've gotton around to reading our policies yet. Instead of facing criticism from our regulars, perhaps it would've been better served that they first issue a warm welcome and then reccommend he add the request for folks to message him inside his signature? I know a few around here like to point out when someone is mistaken, but come on guys, we're better than this. It's a shame.

Justin, whether or not you're still around, I bid you welcome.

Comment

Now I feel bad if I did anything to cause it. I'm sorry.

Hey, welcome to the board, JustinZZR600 .

Comment

Maybe I'm operating under some confusion here (no comments from the peanut gallery! ) but I'm not sure I understand why there has to be a thread for folks interested in ANY contact lists. I should think that if you were open to people contacting you, you'd just fill in the appropriate boxes in your user profile. That says, to me anyway, that folks can go ahead add you if they want. Why waste a post saying, "Hey, if you wanna talk, go ahead and click on that little icon!" Why not drop into the Off Topic area and just start a chat thread? Or join one of the ones already there? Then you can get to know folks and maybe find out if you WANT to add them to your lists... or if you want them adding you to theirs.

I don't think that threads are all that much more "private" than the little icons, at least when it comes to sharing "personal" details like an email addy. That's what PM'ing is for- one step above board chat, one step below email/IM'ing.

I don't mind people wanting to add me to their lists (if anyone is crazy enough to do so) but I WOULD like to know who the hell you are before I'll decide if I'll accept, particularly if your IM screenname doesn't match your Gateworld nick. And, of course, I reserve the right to ignore anyone for any reason. I also use Trillian to connect to AIM, ICQ and MSN, so I dunno how good that system is about adding new contacts. I'm not willing to download the actual programs again. AIM and ICQ are much uglier and more annoying than I remember them and MSN is the spawn of Satan. I don't even use my own email account for that one, which is part of the reason I don't publicize it.

Comment

hmmmm, I'm sorry if I am too open of a person and less guarded than some. According to the masses on this board, this post is pointless, so it should just be deleted and I will just sift through random people here and click their little blue icons then. Sorry that this post does not conform to your rules, your ways, or whatever has evolved here in this place of message posting.

So if you get a message from some wierdo named Justin, and you don't know who tf he is, then, well, whatever. I am a very laid back person, but I also have an attitude. My attitude can sometimes seem very shrewd in my posts even though their weight in seriousness could be lighter than a feather. What that means is, it's all good and done when the next day starts a clean slate. I can get annoyed easily, but I don't hold many grudges, well unless you're a freeloading loser (I can't stand people like that.)

I was looking for friendly people to converse with. You know, when someone wants something, you don't shove something else at them. I don't know what exactly happened, but that's how it feels. I did not have to reply the way I did, but I did. I don't know what it was in my orignial thread that seemed to baffle some of you, but it did. I think maybe I should conform and shut my trap. Post little 2 cents of my own in some other posts. If I dare post something that seems baffling or unfamiliar, then something else seems to occur.

So, lets all come to a final decision here and now. I've told you what I wanted. Let's discuss what it is that "WE" want. Because allot of thought seems to have been put into your replies here. Much more than I asked for. Now that most things seem to have been annalyzed, who wants to grab the reign? Obviously not some noob like me. All I want is something simple like a name on my contact list. (I haven't used IM in a loooong time.)

Comment

Working...
                              X