This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy man, heavyyyyyyy

This looks like it's going to be a very dark & heavy type of SCI-FI show.
    Where's the fun, uplifting, "neat" type of SciFi like SG-1 is/was?

If I missed something, I'm sorry, but what show are you refering to?
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I think this post thread belongs in Atlantis...this fellow has only made a couple of posts so far and apparently didn't realize there are different sections for different things.
      sigpic

Comment

if this belongs in atlantis, i'll move it there. I'm with you, i'm a bit unclear what it's about
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

umm...today is the newbies day on this forum...sry...too many new ppl that don't really know what they are doing..lmao...anyway...Atlantis...YEA...CREEPY...got to Atlantis forum adn READ MORE.

Comment

I say, let's give "Adipose Man" the chance to come back, and specify which Show he's referring to,before we pass any judgements on his posting capabilities.

(I think he's referring to Atlantis,but I don't know for sure either,btw. )
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              I say, let's give "Adipose Man" the chance to come back, and specify which Show he's referring to,before we pass any judgements on his posting capabilities.

(I think he's referring to Atlantis,but I don't know for sure either,btw. )
              Agreed (best not to risk it ). But should we begin to talk about the darkness of Atlantis, wether or not he's referring to it?
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.

Comment

There have been, what? A couple of commercials? You can't possibly get any idea of what the tone of an entire series is going to be like based on a couple of commercials. It's all in the editing. Hell, you could make the ep URGO look sinister if you wanted to. Other Guys? Full of deadly peril. Window of Opportunity? Try Window of DOOM. Heck, did any of you even see the commercials for Heroes that aired on SCIFI? They were deliberately misleading and not a tad melodramatic.

I think I'd rather wait and actually watch a few eps before I decide that its going to be "dark and heavy"... and keep in mind that SG-1 wasn't exactly full of rainbows and kittens right at the start. In fact, I don't think there's much rainbows-and-kittens about SG-1 in general.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with a little darkness now and then. Take it from me:

The Shadow knows...

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                  Agreed (best not to risk it ). But should we begin to talk about the darkness of Atlantis, wether or not he's referring to it?
                  LOL!! I think Shadow already has!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    I think I'd rather wait and actually watch a few eps before I decide that its going to be "dark and heavy"... and keep in mind that SG-1 wasn't exactly full of rainbows and kittens right at the start. In fact, I don't think there's much rainbows-and-kittens about SG-1 in general.
                    Very true,Shadow! I'll leave any further debate alone for now,though.
                    (Mainly 'cos it's 2 am,and I need sleeeeeep.....)

Comment

soo.....you kids want me to move this to atlantis folder?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        soo.....you kids want me to move this to atlantis folder?
                        Since I doubt the original poster is coming back... Yes, please, Mistress Moderator.

Comment

consider it moved

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            There have been, what? A couple of commercials? You can't possibly get any idea of what the tone of an entire series is going to be like based on a couple of commercials. It's all in the editing. Hell, you could make the ep URGO look sinister if you wanted to. Other Guys? Full of deadly peril. Window of Opportunity? Try Window of DOOM. Heck, did any of you even see the commercials for Heroes that aired on SCIFI? They were deliberately misleading and not a tad melodramatic.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with a little darkness now and then. Take it from me:

The Shadow knows...
                            Take a deep breath Shadow. Okay? Good. ( )
                            I think that he's gathering that it's gonna be dark from the interviews and such. Vampires = dark flick (unless Disney makes it.)

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                              Take a deep breath Shadow. Okay? Good. ( )
                              I think that he's gathering that it's gonna be dark from the interviews and such. Vampires = dark flick (unless Disney makes it.)

I prefer to ignore the vampires analogy because it's just so godawful CHEESY. It's unbelievably, mind-bogglingly STUPID and I refuse to believe that TPTB woud subject us to anything that trite and soporific. All my opinion, of course, but vampires??! Gah! Don't care if they suck blood, souls, or chocolate syrup, they're just a terrible, boring, overused idea. There is no life left in the vampire genre! Get over it and move on!

Hm. That was strangely cathartic...

Comment

Working...
                              X