PDA

View Full Version : SGA, where are the good looking actors?

AdiposeMan
June 13th, 2004, 03:57 AM
SGA, where are the good looking actors?

I previewed the available pictures and plots, everyone seems to have a bunch of wrinkles or were just plain to look at.

Where are the good looking ladies like in SG-1?
My wife concurs, there are no handsome men either.

Nolamom
June 13th, 2004, 06:39 AM
You are of course entitled to your opinions. Be advised, however, that most folks don't share this viewpoint.

ShadowMaat
June 13th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Is there a reason why this (and your other complaint) is in an SG-1 folder and NOT in the Atlantis folder?

As Nola said, you are entitled to your opinion but A) I disagree with you and B) Who the hell said that shows always need to be populated by the uber-hot, anyway?

Maybe you should think about having some constructive things to say.

Crazedwraith
June 13th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Is there a reason why this (and your other complaint) is in an SG-1 folder and NOT in the Atlantis folder?

As Nola said, you are entitled to your opinion but A) I disagree with you and B) Who the hell said that shows always need to be populated by the uber-hot, anyway?

Maybe you should think about having some constructive things to say.
Err this is just a general stargate dissucuiosn folder so he can post about atlantis here if he wishes but other than that I am complete areement with you.

Eye candy does not make a show. Look at Star Trek Voyager or Enterprise.

ShadowMaat
June 13th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Err this is just a general stargate discussion folder so he can post about atlantis here if he wishes but other than that I am complete areement with you.
Possibly, possibly... but if he's going to discuss Atlantis then perhaps he should correct his other post so it specifically mentions Atlantis other than leaving people to guess.

I still think that Atlantis discussions should be in the Atlantis folder, though. Otherwise why bother having a separate folder at all?

From his two posts thus far, I personally don't get the impression that he's much interested in discussion, anyway, just airing complaints and seeing how people react. I mean, I know I can be lacking in tact myself sometimes, but sheesh...

shinyredpants
June 13th, 2004, 07:02 AM
i like mckay!

he's not daniel jackson but...whatever =)

keshou
June 13th, 2004, 07:50 AM
I think the promo cast photos have been a bit stiff but I think it's a very interesting-looking cast. I'm somewhat gratified that it's not full of "beautiful" people although I think they're all above-average in the looks department. ;)

Having said that I think Joe Flanigan is a real cutie and David Hewlett has a certain geeky quality to him that I adore. Attractiveness (to me) is usually half looks and half personality.

Haven't paid much attention to the others in the cast but I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.

Positively Kanyon
June 13th, 2004, 04:23 PM
I've got a bit of a soft spot for Torri Higginson... I think it's my fad for smart brunette's!

nukechuck
June 13th, 2004, 06:12 PM
I think Teyla has got a damn good body although her face reminds me of Peggy from Married w/ Children. Wier is one of those chicks who have to be in a certain brightness or dimness of light to be attractive.

June 13th, 2004, 10:38 PM
IMHO...
Sheppar...handsome guy...2nd Jack...that's what they wanted him to be
Wier..umm..well she's oky...the blonde version was better ;)
McKey is popular here...well he's just a good dude...
The Alien allie that will join is really not hot...she's oky
who's left???

Elwe Singollo
June 13th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Umm.. The black dude... I think you didn't mention him, and the doctor.. Yah, i did like the blonde one better :), but i still like the new brunette one :)

June 13th, 2004, 10:48 PM
the african-american soldier is actaully handsome also...probobaly has a goodly build boddy...dunno for sure...adn the doc...for some reason looks to me just like sheppard...lol...dunno why

Elwe Singollo
June 13th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Yah, a fast glimpse at the doctor could mistake him for Sheppard.

June 13th, 2004, 10:52 PM
like here:

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/graphics/101_03.jpg

it looks like he is talking to himself lol.... - he might be eather one of them

Anthro Girl
June 14th, 2004, 12:21 AM

Aww, jeez! Here I was worrying about whether or not the story was going to be a worthy spin-off of a show I've enjoyed for seven years. However, now I realize that I was supposed to be worried about the relative attractiveness of the actors!? D'oh... <slap forehead> :rolleyes:

Bagpuss
June 14th, 2004, 02:03 AM

I previewed the available pictures and plots, everyone seems to have a bunch of wrinkles or were just plain to look at.

All in the eye of the beholder,M'Dear! ;)
(Guess you possibly won't ever share my admiration of David Hewlett,and the other SGA Cast members,but no big deal,IMO!!)

Personally,I don't judge a horse by it's colour,but you're free,IMO, to think whatever you like............ :D

Elwe Singollo
June 14th, 2004, 08:44 AM
All i can say is that SG1 beats SGA in the 'looks', haha...

petzke_42
June 14th, 2004, 08:49 AM
....we could get into that whole quality vs. quantity debate :P

Elwe Singollo
June 14th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Lets not :) And whoever says SGA's actors/actresses aern't good looking, its their opinion, haha...

ShadowMaat
June 14th, 2004, 09:09 AM
All i can say is that SG1 beats SGA in the 'looks', haha...
Well, that's YOUR opinion. :P Frankly, I like the looks of Sheppard and McKay and if only Jonas were included, it'd be perfect. ;) For me, anyway. hehe

Anthro Girl
June 14th, 2004, 09:29 AM
....we could get into that whole quality vs. quantity debate :P

Why don't we do "nature vs. nurture" just for fun, eh? :p

For the record, my money is on Unas...any Unas...they're all hotties. ;)

June 15th, 2004, 11:14 PM
i just posted my opinon, i'm not gonna argue about it, because i know that once i wathc ATL, my perceptions will change...firslty because video is defferent from pictures...secondly there will be some personality identification....huh? what did i just say?

Anubis
June 15th, 2004, 11:19 PM
The Unas? lol They are not *hot* but they have good make-up artists for them! lol :D

Lord Dagda
June 16th, 2004, 02:28 AM

Ok, I really hope u were joking otherwise - how naive and trivial! What does looks have to do with good acting? Some ppl are so obsessed with having good looking ppl on tv shows, it's ridiculous - what about some realism?! It's actually quite sad that someone would watch a show just for good lookin actors.

petzke_42
June 16th, 2004, 09:20 AM
For the record, my money is on Unas...any Unas...they're all hotties. ;)

They all seem to have pretty big feet...and you know what they say about an Unas with big feet...

Kelso
June 16th, 2004, 10:01 AM
The Atlantis actors look fine to me.

The Women are incredibly hot!

rihannsu
July 1st, 2004, 01:02 PM
:confused: We must be looking at 2 different promos. Every time I see that camera pan I see lots of hotties to look at.

But I've always noticed that the Stargate franchise is heavy on the male bon bons.

And I've always thought that McKay was sexy, too.

I think in my case, there's no accounting for taste. :p

Ugly Pig
July 1st, 2004, 01:06 PM
They all seem to have pretty big feet...and you know what they say about an Unas with big feet...
They need big shoes?

Major Tyler
July 1st, 2004, 01:37 PM
I think they're all attractive; at least as hot as the SG-1 crew (excluding the infinitely gorgeous Amanda Tapping, of course).

Teal'c
July 1st, 2004, 04:25 PM
They need big shoes?
I don't think Unas wear shoes :P

Ugly Pig
July 1st, 2004, 04:46 PM
I don't think Unas wear shoes :P
Maybe that's why they're so grumpy? Running around in caves and stuff barefoot is probably a little uncomfortable. :)

Sela
July 1st, 2004, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by petzke_42

They need big shoes?

LOL! I can't believe the turn this thread has taken....but it's funny as all get out!

greytop
July 3rd, 2004, 09:46 PM

As the saying goes, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Whether they have big feet or not.

Nolamom
July 4th, 2004, 07:08 AM
I just hope that the Unas don't find Fluffy as desirable a meal as roast goa'uld!
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/fluffy%20and%20unas.gif

BackStageJim
January 5th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Hiss, meow.

Do I hear the sound of a cat fight.

Wow that is a harsh first post. I doubt that most military PhD lab rats look and act like AT. Perhaps the cuteness factor of SG-1 is balanced out by SGA.

FoolishPleasure
January 5th, 2005, 08:15 AM
In many cases people become better looking after one gets to know them better. Even "Steve" kinda grew on me. ;)

SBN
January 5th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Well I have to say at first I totally agreed when I first saw Atlantis. Boy were they the weirdest looking bunch. But then I realized my tv was upside down, so that had something to do with it me thinks.

Anyways, I never really pay attention that much to whether there is a beautiful woman on screen or not. Ok, thats a lie, I will pay a little attention when the wife leaves the room. But I thought this was kind of strange when I saw this thread because I was thinking that so far Atlantis has had a lot more, how do I put it, pleasant to look at actresses. On SG-1 the only woman I could think of that was on that I would stop to notice on the street was one of the Tokra (can't remember her name). Other than that I never paid attention to the looks of people on SG-1, and to be honest part of that is due to I just would not be that attracted to any of them if I met them.

Now if we were talking about cool hunkin ships, like Thor's, oh yeah baby, would I love to get my hands on one of those huge battleships.

Buzz Lightyear
January 5th, 2005, 11:00 AM
like here:

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/graphics/101_03.jpg

it looks like he is talking to himself lol.... - he might be eather one of them

Hmmm, I really think you need to get your eyes checked. Aside from the usual features like 2 eyes, 2 ears, a nose, a mouth and hair, Sheppard and Beckett look nothing alike. :rolleyes:

Easter Lily
January 5th, 2005, 12:56 PM

Huh?
You live in some parallel universe and the main cast of SGA are Unas and Asgard hybrids... that must be it!

ShadowMaat
January 5th, 2005, 01:03 PM
I think the fact that Adipose hasn't posted a single thing since his first two nasty posts says a lot about him and his purpose here...

AtlantisRising
January 5th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Sheppard, Mckay, Ford and Dr. Beckett(sp?) Are all very handsom men.

And Teyla and Wier are very beautiful women.

I also think the guy who was in the first few episodes and is a reccuring char. is also very handome. the guy with the accent. wow... thats sad, I cant remember if he has a char name or not. :p

And I agree... who said TV shows have to use models as the cast?

Positively Kanyon
January 5th, 2005, 04:45 PM
I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) but Sheppard is a pretty spunky fellow that would most definately have all the ladies swooning (I'm looking at you ShadowMaat!)

As for the ladies... Teyla and Weir are most definately very attractive, but I'd take Weir as my girlfriend in a second, she has that whole "hot babe for an older woman" vibe thing going...

Any thoughts?

somme
January 6th, 2005, 08:01 AM
how absurd.

daxiel2
January 6th, 2005, 02:37 PM
The guys and girls on Atlantis are hot, whats wrong with them, Sheppard is hot, Weir is hot. Theres no-one really in SG-1 that really out does anyone on this show in my opinion.

alz0rz
January 7th, 2005, 03:59 PM
The other Weir (blond one) Jessica Steen - was very hot IMO - why did they have to kill her off!! :(

IMForeman
January 7th, 2005, 04:02 PM
The other Weir (blond one) Jessica Steen - was very hot IMO - why did they have to kill her off!! :(

Well, they didn't so much kill her off as recast her. I don't know why they did that, but it probably had something to do with Jessica Steen not being available.

-IMF

alz0rz
January 7th, 2005, 04:08 PM
The guys and girls on Atlantis are hot, whats wrong with them, Sheppard is hot, Weir is hot. Theres no-one really in SG-1 that really out does anyone on this show in my opinion.

Amanda :S

Osiris-RA
January 7th, 2005, 04:32 PM

Thank you!!!!!!!

Really, Sheppard ain't that cute. He seems to think he is, and some other ladies seem to think he is ... but I don't. Neither is McKay, I HATE McKAY!!!!
Teyla is .... well ... she's there. Tyler is a .... black version of Sheppard, and equally boring.

You're absolutely right, SGA is devoid of cute actors ... or at least ones I would like to meet.

..Oh crap, duck, the SGA thunkers are coming!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! ;)

Osiris-RA
January 7th, 2005, 04:34 PM

Hold on ... I'm looking outside again ..

...later...

Nope, pigs still arent flying, can you believe that? I'll check back later and see if I upgraded to the Twilight Zone.

IMForeman
January 7th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Thank you!!!!!!!

Tyler is a .... black version of Sheppard, and equally boring.

Tyler? Who's Tyler? Have you been infected with a memory substance? ;)

-IMF

greytop
January 7th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I believe she has, IMF. :)

IMForeman
January 7th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I believe she has, IMF. :)

Stupid Reole. :)

-IMF

prion
January 7th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I think the promo cast photos have been a bit stiff but I think it's a very interesting-looking cast. I'm somewhat gratified that it's not full of "beautiful" people although I think they're all above-average in the looks department. ;)

Having said that I think Joe Flanigan is a real cutie and David Hewlett has a certain geeky quality to him that I adore. Attractiveness (to me) is usually half looks and half personality.

Oh yes, definitely. I think SGA has a lot of attractive folk. I even find Zelenka appealing in a geeky way :)

And definitely on the looks/personality. I mean, if there's no personality (which the SGA folk have gobs of), why bother?

Osiris-RA
January 7th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Tyler? Who's Tyler? Have you been infected with a memory substance? ;)

-IMF

Aiden, typo.

FoolishPleasure
January 8th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Major Tyler
January 8th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Tyler is a .... black version of Sheppard, and equally boring.I hope she didn't mean me. :S
Stupid Reole. :)Hey! I like the Reole! ;)

IMForeman
January 8th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I hope she didn't mean me. :SHey! I like the Reole! ;)

You're right... that was uncalled for. To all our Reole members, I offer my complete contrition.

-IMF

Major Tyler
January 8th, 2005, 06:24 PM
You're right... that was uncalled for. To all our Reole members, I offer my complete contrition.Thanks! :D ;)

Calicto
January 8th, 2005, 06:57 PM
In my honest Opinion.

Almost Hott:
Sora (Underground)
Dr. Weir (In some scenes)

Pretty Hott:
Teyla (In Certain Scenes)
Allina (Brotherhood)
Mella (Atlantean from Hologram/Before I sleep)
Dr. Heightmeyer (The Gift)

Totally Hott:
Chaya Sar (Sanctuary)
Steve

Yes. Chaya was pretty much like "Sheppard, I want to have your children". She only returned to Atlantis b/c she wanted Sheppard. And she was really hott, in my opinion (Clothing choice)

alz0rz
January 8th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Thank you!!!!!!!

Really, Sheppard ain't that cute. He seems to think he is, and some other ladies seem to think he is ... but I don't. Neither is McKay, I HATE McKAY!!!!
Teyla is .... well ... she's there. Tyler is a .... black version of Sheppard, and equally boring.

You're absolutely right, SGA is devoid of cute actors ... or at least ones I would like to meet.

..Oh crap, duck, the SGA thunkers are coming!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! ;)

lol, they have arrived :S

alz0rz
January 8th, 2005, 07:39 PM
In my honest Opinion.

Almost Hott:
Sora (Underground)
Dr. Weir (In some scenes)

Pretty Hott:
Teyla (In Certain Scenes)
Allina (Brotherhood)
Mella (Atlantean from Hologram/Before I sleep)
Dr. Heightmeyer (The Gift)

Totally Hott:
Chaya Sar (Sanctuary)
Steve

Yes. Chaya was pretty much like "Sheppard, I want to have your children". She only returned to Atlantis b/c she wanted Sheppard. And she was really hott, in my opinion (Clothing choice)

Woah, I forgot about her, yes definately hot

Easter Lily
January 8th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Really, Sheppard ain't that cute. He seems to think he is, and some other ladies seem to think he is ... but I don't. Neither is McKay, I HATE McKAY!!!! Teyla is .... well ... she's there. Tyler is a .... black version of Sheppard, and equally boring.

..Oh crap, duck, the SGA thunkers are coming!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

lol, they have arrived :S

It was inevitable... they got tired of playing in the other playground... ;)
The Atlantis crew is an acquired taste for the discerning...

:D

ShadowMaat
January 8th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Oh crap, duck, the SGA thunkers are coming!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! ;)
You post stuff like this and are honestly surprised when you get a bad rep for it?? Maybe if you stopped belittling the fans in your every post about Atlantis, maybe if you just STATED YOUR OPINION without going "Ohh, no! Not the SGA fans! Eek!" all the time people wouldn't object so strongly to the things you say.

Maybe you even think you're being cute and funny about it, but personally, I find all these little "additions" of yours to be extremely snide and condescending. It's like a little "F*** you, SGA fans!" every time I see it.

You don't like McKay? Fine. You don't like Shep? Fine. You think Atlantis is utter crap that doesn't deserve to be on the air? Fine. But leave the fans out of it!

I think there are plenty of good-looking folk of both genders on the show. Maybe not drop-dead stunningly perfect, but for the most part they're easy on the eyes. And as others have said, attractiveness isn't supposed to be a vital factor. If the stories are good enough, the sexiness of the cast isn't important.

ETA: By the way... Zelenka may look like a little scruffball on the show, but I've seen some pics of the actor and he cleans up REAL nice, I must say. :D

Osiris-RA
January 8th, 2005, 08:46 PM
You post stuff like this and are honestly surprised when you get a bad rep for it?? Maybe if you stopped belittling the fans in your every post about Atlantis, maybe if you just STATED YOUR OPINION without going "Ohh, no! Not the SGA fans! Eek!" all the time people wouldn't object so strongly to the things you say.

Maybe you even think you're being cute and funny about it, but personally, I find all these little "additions" of yours to be extremely snide and condescending. It's like a little "F*** you, SGA fans!" every time I see it.

You don't like McKay? Fine. You don't like Shep? Fine. You think Atlantis is utter crap that doesn't deserve to be on the air? Fine. But leave the fans out of it!

I think there are plenty of good-looking folk of both genders on the show. Maybe not drop-dead stunningly perfect, but for the most part they're easy on the eyes. And as others have said, attractiveness isn't supposed to be a vital factor. If the stories are good enough, the sexiness of the cast isn't important.

ETA: By the way... Zelenka may look like a little scruffball on the show, but I've seen some pics of the actor and he cleans up REAL nice, I must say. :D

*stands taken aback*

Whoa, there. Who said I was surprised If I got dinged for my opinion? But Fine, just like I dropped the whole Friends stuff, I shall drop the Atlantis stuff.

I wasnt trying to be condecending, some people just get mad when I talk, and I talk ... I'm an Aquarian, okay?? Rising In - It would be Cancer, but for this thread I'll say Virgo or Leo, somethin' like that. But I am sorry. I apologize. I won't offend any one of you ever again.

*walks away into clouds of mist, never to be seen again.*

Osiris-RA
January 8th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I hope she didn't mean me. :

No man, Tyler's alright. ;)

ShadowMaat
January 8th, 2005, 08:54 PM
I'm Aquarian, too. But if I went around going "Oh noes! It's the SHIPPERS! RUN!!" every time I made an anti-ship comment, I'd lose every jello block I have by the end of the month. Heck, I'd probably lose 'em by the end of the week! ;) It's one thing to ridicule the show, it's quite another to ridicule the fans. That's all I'm saying.

I wanna say David Nykl is married. Which is a pity. But David Hewlett isn't, which is very convenient. :D I also wanna know why there's such a plethora of Davids involved in Stargate (both shows... and Gateworld, for that matter). Is it some cosmic conection thingy, or is it just that the name is so common?

Osiris-RA
January 8th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I'm Aquarian, too. But if I went around going "Oh noes! It's the SHIPPERS! RUN!!" every time I made an anti-ship comment, I'd lose every jello block I have by the end of the month. Heck, I'd probably lose 'em by the end of the week! ;) It's one thing to ridicule the show, it's quite another to ridicule the fans. That's all I'm saying.

I wanna say David Nykl is married. Which is a pity. But David Hewlett isn't, which is very convenient. :D I also wanna know why there's such a plethora of Davids involved in Stargate (both shows... and Gateworld, for that matter). Is it some cosmic conection thingy, or is it just that the name is so common?

I wasn't trying to dis the fans. It was a tiny little teeny joke. Apparantly no one has a sense of humor anymore. If someone went and dissed StarGate, to them, humourously, I'd get 'em back with humor. That's the way I operate. But I'm sorry.

Madeleine
January 8th, 2005, 09:27 PM
It's not that 'no one has a sense of humour anymore' so much as that people don't find it pleasant to be the subject of an 'Oh no' from a stranger. If you have a *witty* way to tease the SGA thunkers then we'll be happy to laugh with you.

Vaguely on-topic now: I honestly don't think it *matters* what the SGA cast look like. They're actors, not ads for a beautician or plastic surgeon.:rolleyes:

Osiris-RA
January 8th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Got it. No more Oh noes. You have lots of jello blocks don't you? Guess they like you, eh?

Osiris-RA
January 8th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Vaguely on-topic now: I honestly don't think it *matters* what the SGA cast look like. They're actors, not ads for a beautician or plastic surgeon.:rolleyes:

Got a point there.

lucylou
January 9th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I think the cast of Atlantis is a good looking one but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it does depend on personal preference. I for one think that David Hewlett is totally adorable and cute and personally for me is one of the cutest guys in the show but it's all down to personal preference and some of you obviously don't find him as cute. Who said people in shows need to be drop dead gorgeous anyways? Maybe the actors here aren't drop dead gorgeous to some people but they've all got something about them which makes each and every one of them very attractive to someone else.

Hathor999
January 9th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I´m not really follow what´s happing on Atlantis (the dissappointment about what´s happend to Stargate SG 1 is enough for me...I don´t need that a second time) but I think that the actors are looking good (especially Joe Flanigan :) ). I like that the actors on the Stargate shows still looking not so much over the top glamorous. I prefer a natural good look to this typical model look we see IMO much to often by males and females alike on some other shows.

Easter Lily
January 9th, 2005, 05:18 PM

Hear, hear... ;) Or before and after shots from Extreme Makeover.
Also if they were Ken and Barbie clones with acting to match, I doubt that it would get the kind of ratings that it is getting.

Major Tyler
July 20th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I hope she didn't mean me. :S...Hey! I like the Reole! ;)

You're right... that was uncalled for. To all our Reole members, I offer my complete contrition.

-IMFROTF!! :P

stevieg
July 20th, 2006, 12:55 PM
well in my opinion weir is uber hot,not so much into teyla but i wouldnt kick her out for farting

penguininablender
July 20th, 2006, 01:23 PM
well in my opinion weir is uber hot,not so much into teyla but i wouldnt kick her out for farting
that is definitely a phrase I havn't heard before. lol.

*cough* Ford is the hottest!!
*stares and runs away*

Seshat
July 20th, 2006, 01:36 PM

*stares and runs away*
LOL! :D

I think all the actors are quite good-looking, male and female. :) Television is full of good-looking people, after all.

Major Tyler
July 20th, 2006, 01:44 PM
LOL! :D

I think all the actors are quite good-looking, male and female. :) Television is full of good-looking people, after all."Roseanne" was the notable exception. ;)

newtrekker
July 20th, 2006, 04:20 PM

*stares and runs away*

LOL, that's true Penguin. Ford is my kind of guy.

Willow'sCat
July 20th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Well an old thread rehashed for what ever reason... it is all in the eye of the beholder.

No matter how fat or thin or balding or hirsute a person, there will always be someone somewhere who finds them attractive, thank god because alcohol really does wears off! :p

I think SGA has some real sexy folks on it, but neither show is the poster boy *or girl* for the new shallow breed of casting in US TV. This is not Dawson's Creek or Desperate Housewives *such a good title because they are so obviously desperate to keep their youth, oh the plastic surgeons must love them* :p

Personally I don't see the attraction of the every hair in place and the over waxed eyebrows, I am far more into the nature aging look. I mean I always thought the point of actors was to portray a character not themselves, in other words too made up whether with surgery or make up distracts from what the actor is trying to deliver. I sometimes spend more time watching the actors thinking do they have plastic surgery or not, rather then concentrating on the show or movie, that really shouldn't happen. :cool:

One of the reasons I love British films and my own countries films, there are yes some highly made up actors Nicole Kidman comes to mind, but usually you can still find films and shows that cast real looking people, not the fantasy they think we want to see.

penguininablender
July 20th, 2006, 06:38 PM
LOL, that's true Penguin. Ford is my kind of guy.
*whisper* I wonder if they can tell we are ford fans?:S

Cam_Mitchell
July 21st, 2006, 09:17 AM
Dont know about actors coz im a boy but actresses are comming home atm espeshally CB (Vala) hahah FIT lol

--Gaz--

OutThere
July 21st, 2006, 09:47 AM
Well, I'm laughing my head off because I originally (and foolishly) wouldn't watch Atlantis because I thought the actors and acresses were way too pretty, and didn't look "real".:sheppardanime23: :weiranime20:

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and while I'm busy rehashing those old saws, also never judge a book by it's cover.

silverdamascus
July 21st, 2006, 10:36 AM

...are we watching the same program?

penguininablender
July 21st, 2006, 11:52 AM
...are we watching the same program?
I agree