This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus Interior

Was the Daedalus specaily fitted to match Atlantis? All the interior shots of the Daedalus I have seen look similar to Atlantis itself. Even a control console looks simlilar to the consoles in the control room of Atlantis.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

That's true, they do look similar. However they've been buidling the Daedalus for probably longer than they've been at Atlantis. So I think it's just a coincidence.
    302's lead the way!

Comment

Since Daedalus = Asgard + Humans and it looks like Atlantis, which = Ancients.

Maybe technological Asgard + Human styles = Ancientish?

Comment

I read an article from some magazine, i can't remember which TV Zone or Cult time or..., but it was from an interview from someone of the show, it said that The Daedalus set is the Prometheus set, except they replace some of the computer display and add something to make the equipment look a bit cooler and they redesign the Captain Chair .

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
          Since Daedalus = Asgard + Humans and it looks like Atlantis, which = Ancients.

Maybe technological Asgard + Human styles = Ancientish?
          I did notice this while looking at the preveiw photos but Asgard designs are very different from Ancient. The Daedalus seems to be a mismash of Ancient/Asgard/Human designs because I have seen a Asgard control console in the Daedalus. The reason for this resembalance may just be because they have been studying the outpost and intergrated some of the control technology into the Daedalus with Asgard help.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Maybe they designed it with the Atlantis information they got when we sent the message that the Wraith were coming. We had to have sent them blue prints of something cool.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I think it's more of a conincidence...Asgard+Human+Goa'uld=Ancient looking I guess lol. I have to admit...I love the Daedalus' look. In fact, I think it's cool that we have spaceships...makes the show seem so fun because we're advancing, and we can actually fend off from attacks instead of being lucky all the time.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

The first time I saw the new pictures, I did think the same thing. Maybe it looks similar to Ancient technology, because we were actually created by the Ancients, and our technology is going to advance in their direction anyway.

Comment

also remember that we have had the puddle jumper for some time as well and carter worked on it and probably learned some vital stuff that could of helped the improvement of the daedalus.
                  sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

Daedalus was being built long before they went to Pegasus. So most likely the start offs were Goa'uld tech, since in the early seasons of SG-1 they seemed to be captured inside one every other episode. Then after they helped out the Asgard it started to turn towards Asgard designed (Basically a dumbed down version of their tech) now it's shifted to proper Asgard tech.

The Asgard have the Ancient database & have been studying it for ages. Not to mention Anubis who climbed over the other system lords quickly because of his ancient knowledge that allowed him to access better tech, that other Goa'uld currently didn't have access to. Plus Thor had his mind integrated into Anubis' ship as well. So basically the Asgard could & probably have made advancements thanks to the Ancient database & therfore the tech would resemble ancient. Now Daedalus has proper Asgard tech installed then that's probably how the similarities are being seen by people.

Comment

I think the producers just wanted tech from atlantis and SG1 to look different

Comment

They are trying to keep the tech (such as Goa'uld) seperate, so you may be on to something.
                        302's lead the way!

Comment

Yep...although I would like to see the Goa'uld vs Wraith thing, and I'm sure a lot of people would want to see what would happen, it wouldn't play out very well on the show.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
                            I read an article from some magazine, i can't remember which TV Zone or Cult time or..., but it was from an interview from someone of the show, it said that The Daedalus set is the Prometheus set, except they replace some of the computer display and add something to make the equipment look a bit cooler and they redesign the Captain Chair .
                            This makes the most sense economically for the show. This way they don't have to make a whole new set for their new ship. Personally I think the Daedalus looks like more advanced Terran tech...it doesn't scream "alien" to me.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I don't care what race it looks like it's from...I love the ship. It looks advanced...cool...and it has an Asgard in it. Mostly because it has an Asgard in it...just sitting there...looking at a control panel...sitting there...looking at it...no emotion...sitting there...being an Asgard...looking at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X