This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is DEX the focal point of all the new eps shots

I noticed in all the new spoilers shots how Dex seems always front & center while Sheppard, McKay,Teyla, and Weir are all pushed aside so TPTB can hype Dex and it really sucks ..
    I'm trying to not let myself be swayed by all the hype but it sure looks mighty suspicious how in at least 80% of all the scoop shots Dex is the Character featured almost nonstop and so can I expect Season Two to called Stargate Dex ? !!

Pam

Because he's new?

And it builds suspense.

"HEY. OMFG! I HAVE NO CLUE WHO THAT IS. I SHOULD DEFINITELY WATCH THIS SHOW STAFGALT OR STARGATE WHATEVER WHEN IT COMES ON TV ON WB WITH CHARMED AND ALL. OMG OMG OMG LOLOLOLOLOLLLL!!!!!1111"

*sigh* The average stafgalt, I mean, stargate fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
      Because he's new?

And it builds suspense.

"HEY. OMFG! I HAVE NO CLUE WHO THAT IS. I SHOULD DEFINITELY WATCH THIS SHOW STAFGALT OR STARGATE WHATEVER WHEN IT COMES ON TV ON WB WITH CHARMED AND ALL. OMG OMG OMG LOLOLOLOLOLLLL!!!!!1111"

What suspense ?
      All I see is alot of hype about some guy who means nothing and really wasn't needed since SGA was popular anyway and yup popular with Ford too as well as thew rest so sorry again I'm asking why ?

Pam

Comment

*sign* okay.

Ford wasnt that great of a character. Let me explain. Each character needs to be 3D and has to have a personal conflict in personality to make an AWESOME character. And AWESOME characters make the show.

For Example, Let's take SG-1.

-Hammond: A Loyal and Strict General Yet Bends the Rules in order for SG-1 to succeed.
        -O'Neill: Enough Said. He "pretends" to be dumb..etc. His cocky attitude contrasts with his personal set of belief. He's not your average GI-Joe "LETS BLOW UP THINGS" guy. He adds emotion and thought into his work.
        -Teal'c: Very Loyal. But Doesnt know whether his actions should aid the Jaffa Resistance or SG-C. Conflict in loyality. Very stoic.
        -Carter: Enough Said. Might seem very technobabblly but adds thought and meaning to every word said. Her set of moral codes go above her learning even though she is a scientist.

We've simply just begin to learn about SGA:

SGA:
        -Shepherd: Kind. High standard of moral and breaks the rules often. May seem dumb but is actually Mensan.
        -McKay: Cocky and Arrogant but VERY emotional (Childhood's End &
        -Teyla: We've begun to learn more about this character. But Teal'c problem. her people or Sga?
        -Weir: Loyal to Military Orders or simpathetic to civilian needs?
        -Ford: Uhh... A soldier...

See my drift. It's hard to place Ford in any good grouping of GREAT character.

Ford needed to go.

DEX adds mystery to the show. He adds a new guy. Just wait and see where it'll go. I prefer SuperFord and Dex to Ford and null. Period.

Comment

I was wondering: could you be more insulting and sarcastic?

And please, don't for a moment dream that I want your answer. The point I made was with my question.
          ~*~*~*~*~*
          not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
            I was wondering: could you be more insulting and sarcastic?

And please, don't for a moment dream that I want your answer. The point I made was with my question.
            Excuse you! Can you be more insulting. The average "stargate" fan point of view of the quote, not you silly. The QUOTE. I'm not making fun of you, just the guy who says the quote. (which would be me, I guess).

Sorry for offense, I know it was taken.

Comment

Dex is the new guy, so there's always gonna be loads of pics of the new guy. I guess all those spotlight pics of Dex help to establish him as a regular character in the upcoming season.

Comment

I can't wait for Dex...he reminds me of good old Teal'c in the fact that he's buff, and knows the enemy the best.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Well, as far as things go right now, I'll take Dex over Ford. Even as an exact copy of Teal'c all dressed up for the Pegasus Galaxy, I like Teal'c. I like the elements he brings to SG-1. So if TPTB feel they need to inject some of that into Atlantis, who am I to argue? Ford has always been rather blah, and never grabbed me as a character like some of the other Stargate characters have. So I suppose what I'm saying is that I'll take a knock-off of what I like over something I'm ambivelent towards any day.

As far as Dex dominating the new photos, I don't think there's any malicious intent on the part of whoever is releasing the stills. Shots of Dex serve to familiarize the audience with him and how he looks in the Atlantis world. There's a nearly equal number of shots of Col. Caldwell, but I haven't seen anyone complain about those yet. Further, many of the photos are action shots, and Dex's character is naturally involved in a lot of the show's action, especially in the first few episodes where he's introduced to both the audience and his new friends/teammates in Atlantis.

So, it all seems rather natural to me. Besides, I'd rather not know all about the others yet and be surprised in four weeks.

Comment

I'm not going to judge Dex as a character until we see him in action (which like everyone else I am very much looking forward too )

I think its great we are getting to see pictures of him though... a few months ago I remember quite a few people were really curious to what he would look like in SGA. And they are good pictures *wink wink nudge nudge*
                    Ses
                    James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

SGA:
                      -Shepherd: Kind. High standard of moral and breaks the rules often. May seem dumb but is actually Mensan.
                      -McKay: Cocky and Arrogant but VERY emotional (Childhood's End &
                      -Teyla: We've begun to learn more about this character. But Teal'c problem. her people or Sga?
                      -Weir: Loyal to Military Orders or simpathetic to civilian needs?
                      -Ford: Uhh... A soldier...
                      With respect, I think your description of Ford is overly simplistic, short-sighted, unfair. To me, Lt. Aiden Ford is a much more valuable person because he is not "special." He doesn't have an alien gene, he's not super-smart intelligent, he doesn't have a Ph.D, he's not an alien, he doesn't have magic mental powers, he's just a normal guy like you and me in extraordinary circumstances. I can associate with Aiden because I can see myself in his position. I would be the Aiden of the Atlantis Expedition.

Ford: Fiercely loyal young Marine, fun in light situations but deadly serious when need be, fearless determination to help others, tactically brilliant, thoughtful, caring, loves his family more than anything, a Marine through-and-through but also a dynamic human being...

I could go on, but I think I've made my point.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

And I agree with you fully...Ford was one of my favorite characters...

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

He's suppose to be some black ops guy, but in season 1 I rarley saw that.
                          302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                            With respect, I think your description of Ford is overly simplistic, short-sighted, unfair. To me, Lt. Aiden Ford is a much more valuable person because he is not "special." He doesn't have an alien gene, he's not super-smart intelligent, he doesn't have a Ph.D, he's not an alien, he doesn't have magic mental powers, he's just a normal guy like you and me in extraordinary circumstances. I can associate with Aiden because I can see myself in his position. I would be the Aiden of the Atlantis Expedition.

Ford: Fiercely loyal young Marine, fun in light situations but deadly serious when need be, fearless determination to help others, tactically brilliant, thoughtful, caring, loves his family more than anything, a Marine through-and-through but also a dynamic human being...

I could go on, but I think I've made my point.
                            Oh wow. Most definitely true. I guess I overlooked that. Good work and thanks!

I must know override my programming to make sure I do not commit the same error again.

Comment

I've yet to see a picture where Dex doesn't look scary or badass. He reminds me of Teal'c, and Teal'c is my favourite SG-1 character, so I'm definetly looking forward to seeing this guy in SGA.

Comment

Working...
                              X