Stargate In Six Flags??? Wow....I'm exited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate In Six Flags??? Wow....I'm exited

So I was surfing the web when I came on this site that says that MGM has sighned a deal with Six Flags to have an atraction. Do any of you people know what's the deal with this? Please explain in detail if you know.
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_parks_f-l.html

This is another site I came upon and yup.......It's true.
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

Comment

Don't be. It sounds stupid
      sigpic

Comment

There's a server error on the link,so I'll try again later!
        (Keeps putting up "This page cannot be displayed".....no idea why.)
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

^^ Here...

2004 - Stargate SG-3000 - Confirmed - (3/29/04) Six Flags has signed a deal to bring the new Stargate ridefilm to the simulator attractions at three of their parks in 2004: Six Flags Marine World, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and Six Flags Great America. Based on the popular Stargate SG-1 series, the story is set in the year 3000. “For over 700 years, the Stargates had been disabled due to concerns that they would end up under the control of sinister forces. Now in the year 3000, Stargate Command has developed a Gate Key, a device that provides ultimate control of all Stargates throughout the universe. The evil Queen Satra, a character created especially for Stargate SG 3000, wants to capture the Gate Key and gain control over the universe. The guest's mission is to retrieve the Gate Key from Satra and her powerful army and return it to Stargate Command.”
          http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_parks_f-l.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kelso
            I won't be seeing it, personally.
            sigpic

Comment

you have GOT to be kidding me.

Comment

From what I've read, which maybe a little out of date, it's a motion-simulator ride where you go on a quest to retreive a "Gatekey" or something from a brand-new Goa'uld system lord.

Sounds kinda cheesy, I know. I'm wishing that it comes to the one around me, because I'd like to go and try it.
                Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I've been resisting the urge to reply because I can't help chuckling over "exited" rather than "excited" - Freudian slip?
                  sigpic

Comment

it sounds exciting to me! but i'm a sucker for these kind of things..

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

It reminds me alot of Stargate: Infinity....I hope it doesn't suck as bad as that show, but thats just me
                      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Hmmm... well if the story is canon, it's kind of disappointing in that we can likely tell that the SGC won't have done very much at all by show's end to defeat the Goa'uld Unless they were beaten to near-extinction and revived in force somehow... a lot can change in 1,000 years.

http://www.mgm.com/scifi/04may/photos.html

Oh gee... it's "nice" to see Jaffa costumes haven't changed in a millennia.

I guess that goes to show how inept the Goa'uld are at coming up with stuff of their own -- did they raid intergalactic thrift shops to costume their troops, too?
                        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Yes, it is a motion simulator ride, yes the storyline is cheesy. I was present at the Ky Kingdom premeire a couple of weeks ago. Members of the SG-Command.net costume and prop builders club were invited to be present as "window dressing". 11 members of SG-7 and SG-Delta were given VIP teatment and the honor of the first showing of the ride. After which we stood around and talked to guests and posed for photographs. We also received exclusive T-shirts. MGM or Six flags also provided 3 hotel rooms for our use. Photos of the event are posted to the SG-C.net web site.

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                            Hmmm... well if the story is canon
                            It probably isn't...
                            "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

It's gonna rock...adn one of them is gonna be pretty close to me...so I'll prolly go see it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X