X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG Season One R1 DVD Set Release Update

Digital Bits reported this:

6/13/05

We've just heard from our sources that Universal is going to be announcing the release of Battlestar Galactica: The Complete First Season very soon. This is Ron Moore's new SciFi Channel version, FYI, which is already available on DVD in the U.K. (the series' second season debuts here in the States on The SciFi Channel on 7/15, followed by the U.K. debut in October on Sky One). We'll post all the official details as soon as they're available. Rest assured you won't have long to wait.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Here is the info I just recieved from TVshowsonDVD.com:

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has joined Fox and Warner Bros in offering Best Buy a title before other retailers. Battlestar Galactica: Season 1 will appear in Best Buy stores on July 26, and sell for $69.99. Best Buy has listed it as "Battlestar Galactica (Uk Version)," which doesn't make sense; it's the entire first season of the series. It also appears that they're charging full SRP, and they'll get away with it since they don't have any competition for 2 months.

We've been told by other retailers that the regular retail release will be on September 20.

Vote for me!!! Please! (Mary Phillips) First Colomn, almost at the bottom!

Comment

From TVShowsOnDVD.com:

Battlestar Galactica - Best Buy Exclusive - Date Within

by Gord Lacey
      6/25/2005

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has joined Fox and Warner Bros in offering Best Buy a title before other retailers. Battlestar Galactica: Season 1 will appear in Best Buy stores on July 26, and sell for $69.99. Best Buy has listed it as "Battlestar Galactica (Uk Version)," which doesn't make sense; it's the entire first season of the series. It also appears that they're charging full SRP, and they'll get away with it since they don't have any competition for 2 months.

We've been told by other retailers that the regular retail release will be on September 20.

We'll try to post more information when it's available, but Best Buy exclusive titles are kept fairly quiet.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Editorial}
      Hopefully this is not the case, since the U.S. broadcast had a few more scenes and stateside consumers demand the usual extras: deleted scenes, commentary/interviews, etc etc. Only the hardcore fans would buy this release.

Personally I would wait until a proper release or "extended edition" is available, before I make the purchase.
      {End of editorial}

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Good grief. $70 for 13 episodes. I think I’ll be waiting 2 or 5 or however many months it takes to get the U.S. version with all scenes and whatever extras on the market. I already have every episode on tape including the mini so I’ll survive until then. I’m not that hardcore. And hopefully the price will come down to something reasonable. Heck. I’ve survived this long without owning any Stargate: SG-1 DVDs.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

$69.99??

American???

Holy crap!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

yeah I WAS thinking about buying them for clean clips without the ugly sky one water mark at the top of the screen but seriously, not for that price LOL.
            Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

I've read a couple places that there will not be any commentaries on the Battlestar DVD's because of the podcasts that SciFi did and they d not want to put those on the DVD's. They did say that some deleted scenes would be on the DVD's.

On thing that will be different on the DVD's than when it aired in the US is the opening theme to episode 10 "The Hand Of God". According Bear McCreary at the BSG Con in Burbank that was a mistake - the wrong track was put on the episode when it aired in the US and that will be fixed for the DVD's.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
              X