Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Atlanteans, Tollans, tokra, and other advanced humans wear the same style cl

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come Atlanteans, Tollans, tokra, and other advanced humans wear the same style cl

how come atlanteans, tollans, and other advanced humans wear the same style clothes? Is this just because sg1 doesnt have enought budget money to expand its clothing line, or is it just that when you advance you sorta lose your style and just go plain grey clothing.

maybe the styles of the future, though the tokra clothes does look primitive but fits thier desert eviorment. Tolan funeral clothes looked nice. and atlantean looke ok kinda like washed tokra uniforms though. but i dont wanna see outrageous garb on our allies

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
      ... is it just that when you advance you sorta lose your style and just go plain grey clothing.
      Yep, that's it, all right. I notice that about Star Trek too; entire planets of people all dressed the same way. Boooring!

Let's hear it for primitive cultures, eh?
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Well Tok'ra are limited somewhat in their fashion. Their Goa'uld posers right? So they need to dress like Goa'ulds and their servants. As for the Ancients, I think staying alive was of more concern than their clothing lol.
        302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
          how come atlanteans, tollans, and other advanced humans wear the same style clothes? Is this just because sg1 doesnt have enought budget money to expand its clothing line, or is it just that when you advance you sorta lose your style and just go plain grey clothing.
          ROFL

Watching Between Two Fires last night, not only was I thinking that, but Jack, when asked by Narim, "how did you find me", replied "you're wearing grey".

I think it's an excellent question. Perhaps the writers are trying to express, that with heightened knowledge, technology, whatever, you tend to lose the need for self expression through clothing? If so, I would have to disagree. Even the most advanced races have to reproduce, and excluding the Asgard, who use cloning and ARE grey, I would think clothing would still be used as an "attractant" (is that a word?).

They did dress the Nox in colors, but admittedly, they all looked very much alike. And the hair, no comment.

Now that I'm thinking about it.....why are the Goa'uld always portrayed in beautiful, brightly colored clothes. Hmmmmm.....the writers again trying to implicate evil incarnate with being ego-centric?

And is this question in the correct place?

Comment

They're basically the same race. There isn't that much physiological difference between them (excluding the ancients).

Comment

20 bucks says if the Tollan were around, they'd say their clothes were to advanced for us . I guess advanced=long robe, and if you're high up in the council (all advanced societies have councils,) then you have that turtle neck thingy. If I were advanced I'd look like Barney :s.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

The clothing of the ancients/tollan is simple because its meant to say that they are not concerned by trivial things like fashion

The Tok'ra dress the way they do because a goa'uld wouldn't be caught dead in those clothes. Goa'uld are incredibly vain and dress in fanciful costumes, the Tok'ra rejected the Goa'uld way of life so they dress as simply as they can
                sigpic

Comment

the tollan cant use natural materials like cotton and silk etc... because they are so advanced they no longer have the materials to do such fanciful clothes and do not use money so no need for department stores and designer outlests.
                  For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                    the tollan cant use natural materials like cotton and silk etc... because they are so advanced they no longer have the materials to do such fanciful clothes and do not use money so no need for department stores and designer outlests.
                    oh and not alot of people know this and its supprising how many fans don't either but the tollan are colour blind they dont see colour they have no concept of it also which many will know humans have a higher sense of smell to the tollan, and the nox can only see the colours red blue green and purple which many wont know the ree'tu can see 197 more clours than humans they can see even things we cant including each other out of phase.
                    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                      oh and not alot of people know this and its supprising how many fans don't either but the tollan are colour blind they dont see colour they have no concept of it also which many will know humans have a higher sense of smell to the tollan, and the nox can only see the colours red blue green and purple which many wont know the ree'tu can see 197 more clours than humans they can see even things we cant including each other out of phase.
                      May I ask how you know this? O_o

Comment

all advanced cultures wear the same style clothes because they are actually tiny diamond mesh filament fibres woven together to create an extremely tough but breathable cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
                          May I ask how you know this? O_o
                          its a little of an educated guess but im not ready to let people know how i know but rest assured im not lying, tollan are still around and have yet to return from the shadows of space in other words watch this space..............

as fo the ree'tu they are 180c out of phase aany creature or life form that much out of phase would see around 150 to 200 different clours apparently im baffed as to how there are more colours human brains cant comprehend this but its what comes with being out of phase.

and the nox live in orbit of a red giant the light spectrum is different but im not to sure whether i was being had or not can anybody clear this last part up?

Comment

Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe they all just shop at the same place? Explains a lot really.
                            * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Originally posted by da_hippie
                              Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe they all just shop at the same place? Explains a lot really.
                              nah the tought neva crossed my mind, maybe they kept having their clothes running in the wash and staining their whites with blue and red so they went grey and dark that way all of them just stick their knickers in with their pants and no clothes get ruined.

Comment

Working...
                              X