Star Trek: The New Voyages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: The New Voyages

How many of you want to see more episodes of the original Star Trek? How many people want to see the series end properly, after its' planned, five seasons? I know I do, and now, you can.

That is right, new episodes of The Original Series are being made! Unfortunatly, it does not feature the original cast. A team of people, along with Cow Creek Films, are filming and producing new episodes, thier mission is to continue, the Five Year Mission.

They currently have two episodes filmed with two on the way!

The Season Four premier, "Come What May," and the second episode, "In Harm's Way."

They have two more episodes planned for a 2006 release, An episode titled, "What Lies Beneath," which will be episode 4:04. The episode preceeding it, 4:03, will be titled, "To Serve All My Days." This episode will be guest starring Walter Koenig! He will apparently be comming back as "Checkov, with a twist." Guest stars for episode 4:04, ar yet to be announced.

The best part is, you don't have to pay to see these episodes, you don't even need a T.V. Every one of these episodes are a available for download, for free, on thier website, http://5yearmission.com/ They are a non-profit organization and are simply doing this to continue the series that was ended so unjustly.

I thought that these people deserved a mention, they are putting in thier time and effort acting, writing, producing, directing, editing, and uploading, these episodes, what do they gain in return, as far as I can tell, nothing.
    The episode carefully uses knowledge from the "future," in the story line. As well, they do not, leave the original Star Trek, alone, they continue on the saga, using concepts and ideas from past episodes, for example, who remembers Planet Gateway? It is incorporated into "In Harm's Way."

Allthough the episodes are not high budget, top of the line, Hollywood productions, I know that I eagerly look forward to the next two episodes, as well as the rest of the series!

It looks like the ship has set sail again, Live Long, and Prosper.

Owen Macri

I read about these guys in the UK edition of the Official Star Trek Magazine. There were photos an' everything...

All I can say is - more power to ya, guys...
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Yes, they were in a magazine here in Canada as well.

I can't wait for the next two episodes.

Owen Macri

Comment

Oh, come one, please don't let this thread die, it is a tribute to a great group of people with a dream that they have actaully made reality. Come on, discuss the episodes and stuff like that, but don't let this thread die.

Owen Macri

Comment

The British remake of the original series? That's gotta be good. Right?

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
          Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
          "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
          My deviantART profile

Comment

I've seen New Voyages. It's really good (and it isn't a British remake, it's a fanfilm). The first two eps (already released) are fantastic and they have two episodes due to be released: one written by two former DS9 writers and another written by TOS and TNG writer D.C. Fontana and guest-starring Walter Koening.
            Rocky

Comment

I'm having a little trouble downloading anything but the Spanish version. I'm going to try the 2nd episode. I watched the trailer, which is the opening credits. It's a hoot.
              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Thank you for keeping this thread alive.

What specifically is the problem? I might be able to help.

Owen Macri

Comment

Ah. I get it. I still heard a rumor about a British remake.

My deviantART profile

Comment

Maybe there are plans for one, I haven't heard of anything though.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                      Maybe there are plans for one, I haven't heard of anything though.

Owen Macri
                      Owen. I downloaded the 2nd episode. It is so much fun. Very retro. Review to come later.

Comment

I watched most of "In Harms Way". This is so much fun, you won't believe it.

It references the Gateway planet and the planet killer machines. Some of the actors are a little amateurish, but some are very good. There are surprise guest stars (If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise. ) . The sets, music and sound effects are perfect. The costumes are very close. The special effects are similar to the original "Star Trek".

I'm saving the ending for tomorrow. I can't wait.

Has anyone downloaded to a DVD? I have a burner but I've never tried it with DVDs. I want to go buy some blank ones to record all the episodes.

OK. All, right. The jig is up. I'm a Trekker from waaaay back, and I'm in "Star Trek" heaven. Does David know about this?
                        Last edited by Hatusu; 15 June 2005, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
                          Ah. I get it. I still heard a rumor about a British remake.
                          There was a piece in SFX magazine here in the UK that two guys are trying to get a new Sci-Fi sitcom off the ground. This might be what you're thinking of.

The tone would be Red Dwarf meets the Royal Navy - but I don't remember what the proposed series was to be called.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                            There was a piece in SFX magazine here in the UK that two guys are trying to get a new Sci-Fi sitcom off the ground. This might be what you're thinking of.

The tone would be Red Dwarf meets the Royal Navy - but I don't remember what the proposed series was to be called.
                            Yes..that's the one. I think i read it on startrek.com. I think.

My deviantART profile

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                              Thank you for keeping this thread alive.

What specifically is the problem? I might be able to help.

Owen Macri
                              I was able to download the 2nd episode with no problem. I'm having trouble downloading the 1st episode, "Come What May".

Mirror 1 - Spanish (may be site error)
                              Mirror 2 - Page not available
                              Mirror 3 - Viewing, not downloading
                              Mirror 4 - Spanish

Comment

Working...
                              X