This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Movie - Ideas

Sorry if this subject has already been done recently, but I'm new here.

At the convention in London last week it was made pretty clear that they were looking to do a movie.

So what sort of thing could they do for a movie?

I'd like to see them revisit some unfinished story like the one with Daniel Jackson's relative and the aliens from the Crystal Skulls.

Anyone else have any good ideas?
    * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

I'd like to see them do a crossover.

Something like Galactica (yes, i do know its been said before), or maybe even some freaky StarCraft one (i'm actually writting something for that already).

Still, a crossover would be pretty awesome. As long as they didn't do something lame like erase everyone's memory.

Comment

There could be this big thing discovered in Egypt, a big ring, and this archaeologist deciphers the symbols on the ring and figures out how to work it, and they find out it transports you to another planet, and so a USAF team accompany the archaeologist, and then this big alien bad guy who masquerades as an egyptian god..... oh... wait...

Comment

haha thats pretty funny. i hope they do something like that. o wait...

Comment

A movie would be an excellent way to introduce the Furlings!

Comment

Furlings seem to be a very popular theme for the next Stargate movie. Hope the producers catch on. .

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Comment

I'd go with Furlings too. But does the movie mean SG1 is finished?

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I doubt that the movie will be the end. As long as the movie's good, which I'm sure it will be, it'll probably increase the popularity of the show, so that'll probably keep going.

Also, Richard Dean Anderson has said that he'll come back for a Stargate movie, .

Comment

If they are going to do a film RDA has to be in it and the Sam/Jack realationship must be addressed and perhaps they could use some ideas from the novals because the novals are really good.

(i recommend them)
                  "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

I would love to see a Stargate movie that starts with the four races....that focus's on the beginning of the each race and the build up to them disbanding and moving to other galaxy's. This would be a tight premise for a movie.
                    Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1
                      I would love to see a Stargate movie that starts with the four races....that focus's on the beginning of the each race and the build up to them disbanding and moving to other galaxy's. This would be a tight premise for a movie.
                      For the hardcore fans such as us, maybe, but for the movie to be profitable it will prolly have to apeal to everyone, this is one of the reasons why the X Files movie didnt do so well, it was a very long episode.

For the movie to be popular it will have to take a no mythology aproach, or the aproach of using mythology that hasnt been previously explored greatly, ie Furlings or Foothold aliens, or POSSIBLY crystal skull aliens. As long as their background can be explained in 5 minutes.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by da_hippie
                        I doubt that the movie will be the end. As long as the movie's good, which I'm sure it will be, it'll probably increase the popularity of the show, so that'll probably keep going.

Also, Richard Dean Anderson has said that he'll come back for a Stargate movie, .
                        Oh and They could do a shippy kinda thing......and.....and......and.....Ah,I would be the happiest girl in the world.....hmmmmm

Comment

If they do a movie, then its likely that it will involve either a new form of bad guy or another Goa'uld (whose bilogy and history will all be described within the first 10 minutes of film) so that its open to a wider variety of people.

So as cool as it would be, chances are that it won't include the four great races too much, otherwise they'd have to be explained and met all over again.

Also, the series that gets produced after the movie might have to be dumbed down or start a new set of threads so that new fans can understand it. Unfortunate for all of us long time fans, but thats what they'll probably do. .

Comment

I think that you could make it work. It really just depends....you could show a glimpse flash back of Stargate so far to now...and then go back to the other races. It could even be a story told to the sg team by an Asgard. Or something that they find that tells the story that gives one of the members the flash backs.
                            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Its not whether it would work, its whether it would sell.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X