This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question 'bout Pete (Shanahan)

Hey y'all. I don't post on gateworld a lot so I'm sorry if this question is asked before but: Why do some people ( on gateworld forums) "hate" Pete so much? OK (spoiler):We know that he stalked Sam in Chimera. But What would you do when your GF/BF don't wanna say his/her occupation or/and what he/she actually does for that job. For non Military people I'd ask it to 1 of his/her friends, neighbors.

So except the "stalking" part, why do some fans do that (hating him)? Pete said that that house was just like Sam wanted. I admit with some Anti-Pete fans that they had 2 show a scene of him crying. And about Sam and Jack as a coupple as a Neutral person on that, I don't mind if they are (a coupple). So if some1 gives me a good reason for "hating" Pete I'm "in their camp".

English is not my first language so I'm sorry if my post here is a bit difficult to understand.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

I understood (I think )

They don't like Pete because he isn't Jack. It's just about as simple as that... I think...

Most Anti-Pete people are Sam/Jack shippers (supporters). Pete is the 'otherman' and no one usually likes the other man.

... If I'm wrong, please, an Anti-Pete person come explain it

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I understand now thanx Martouf Marty. Acctualy that answer (Pro Jack-Sam hippers) popped into my fron when I typed the question.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

it is a bit of a generalization to say that only pro-sam/jack folks 'hate' pete. Dislike for the character comes from several quarters and i know that even many of the anti-ship fans aren't too fond of the soap-opera angle that the character brought with him.

Pete, all in all, was a decent idea that suffered greatly from plot holes and poor execution...and the writers sacrificing a character for the sake of a scene

Used differently, he could have been a great example of the price folks at the sgc pay, such as going to work in january, inside a mountain, and coming home with a tan, or the abnormally high number of 'training accidents' that the mountain suffers, or one mate explainng to another how s/he got this huge burn injury

but instead of addressing something more esoteric like this, they went for the easy way - problem boyfriend asking questions and the angle was never, IMHO, properly addressed
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy
          Hey y'all. I don't post on gateworld a lot so I'm sorry if this question is asked before but: Why do some people ( on gateworld forums) "hate" Pete so much? OK (spoiler):We know that he stalked Sam in Chimera. But What would you do when your GF/BF don't wanna say his/her occupation or/and what he/she actually does for that job. For non Military people I'd ask it to 1 of his/her friends, neighbors.

So except the "stalking" part, why do some fans do that (hating him)? Pete said that that house was just like Sam wanted. I admit with some Anti-Pete fans that they had 2 show a scene of him crying. And about Sam and Jack as a coupple as a Neutral person on that, I don't mind if they are (a coupple). So if some1 gives me a good reason for "hating" Pete I'm "in their camp".

English is not my first language so I'm sorry if my post here is a bit difficult to understand.
          Well, buying a house should be a decision by both husband and wife. He might of had good intentions or it could have been a way to further trap Sam into this relationship. He admited he knew she was having problems with this engagement. Plus buying the house without Sams input showed a lack of respect for her and her being a equal in the relationship.

I admit I am a J/S shipper and yeah I had a problem with Sam dating Pete. But I didn't hate Pete, just didn't think that he was the right guy for her.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

At the bottom of this page are links to threads which might help answer the question.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              it is a bit of a generalization to say that only pro-sam/jack folks 'hate' pete.
              I said most Anti-Pete people are Sam/Jack shippers

Comment

i don't hate pete..can't say that i'm too fond of some of the things he did though.

i know that the ending of chimera was necessitated by the need to get pete where he was...problem is, they did it without an explanation which set up the opinions of him 'stalking' sam.

and yes, to some his way to treating sam just wasn't very respectful of her.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I actually kind of like Pete, and I'm actually a Daniel/Pete slasher. I actually kind of founded the pairing.

What if Pete was just in it to get to DANIEL??

Think about it

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                    Yeah, I actually kind of like Pete, and I'm actually a Daniel/Pete slasher. I actually kind of founded the pairing.

Think about it
                    ROTFLOL!!!!!

you know, you might have something there

sigpic

Comment

ROTFLOL!!!!!

you know, you might have something there
                      I complied two vids as evidence

Do a search, you can find the Daniel/Pete slashers thread

Comment

course, you know, pete was just using daniel...he really wanted to get to major davis

sigpic

Comment

course, you know, pete was just using daniel...he really wanted to get to major davis
                          No!

He was just using Sam to get to Daniel to get to Davis to get to the PAPER!

Comment

I understood (I think )

They don't like Pete because he isn't Jack. It's just about as simple as that... I think...

Most Anti-Pete people are Sam/Jack shippers (supporters). Pete is the 'otherman' and no one usually likes the other man.

... If I'm wrong, please, an Anti-Pete person come explain it
                            I .....dislike.....straight up HATE pete( maybe there is something wrong with that...I dunno')! Only because hes not Jack....And you can't just throw a new man into Sam's life,just like that! Its not cool for all these Sam/Jack shippers (I'm one...by the way) that wanna see Sam and Jack get together!! ....TPTB,was wrong to put Pete in Chimera and I think they know that by now!

Comment

Think about it
                              lol.....'I can see it now'......

Comment

Working...
                              X