Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does Puddle jumper keep power for?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does Puddle jumper keep power for?

Well i can't rember exactly how long the PJ had been on that world in the episode It is good to be king but its power was gone. So it has to be some power sorce that loses power but if we agree on one sorce like the one's stated in other threads they all would run out at some point! any ides!
    Last edited by Ancient tec.; 12 June 2005, 03:22 PM.

There is no way that we can actually say what the power source is, the only way that we can discover that is if it is stated in the show.

Owen Macri

Comment

Also remember that that jumper was travelling through time. That involves creating a new universe entirely.....I imagine that it would put quite a strain on the power supply.
      sigpic

Comment

The universe wouldn't have to be created, theoretically, there are an infinite number of realities, so the universes that they would have created would have already existed.

Owen Macri

Comment

Didnt the time travel device have extra power supplied? As to the original question the pj in question may have had its power supply damaged by time travel device hence no power when found. If it wasnt damaged it does make you wonder how they were charged up,couldnt be solar energy then. As planet was rather sunny!

Comment

Yes, you are right the puddle jumper had a seprate power source for the time travel device, Carter routed power from the time travel device to the rest of the ship so they could fly out of there.

Owen Macri

Comment

Oh. I must not have been paying attention. Oh well.

Lets remember that it can and has powered a stargate from nearly 10,000 miles away when poking at its power source.....
              sigpic

Comment

^thats been bothering me for awhile. Why exactly does the Earth 'gate shake? Others don't seem to...
                JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                LANDRY
                : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  Oh. I must not have been paying attention. Oh well.

Lets remember that it can and has powered a stargate from nearly 10,000 miles away when poking at its power source.....
                  Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                  ^thats been bothering me for awhile. Why exactly does the Earth 'gate shake? Others don't seem to.
                  Did I miss something? I have no idea what you guys are talking about... (not that I don't understand that the gate shakes, I know that, but, what are you talking about? lol.)

Owen Macri

Comment

Mio was talking about Moebius Pt. 2.
                    Spoiler Space!!
                    In Moebius 2, AU Rodney and the others are poking around the PJ. They have Chulak's 'gate address, so they try dialing it, and nothing happens. Every time they dial up, the Antartic 'gate(the only one on Earth at the time) shakes. AU Sam and Daniel check for earthquakes, and come up with a location for where the Antartic gate is.

(and a little nitpick I noticed: When they have the 'gate at the SGC(it wasn't the SGC then, but, you know...) and start to dial using the PJ, the 'gate spins. It shouldn't! 'Gates don't spin when you use a DHD!)

What I'm wondering is why the 'gate shakes. They only seem to do it on Earth. I probably missed something
                    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                    LANDRY
                    Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                      Mio was talking about Moebius Pt. 2.
                      Spoiler Space!!

What I'm wondering is why the 'gate shakes. They only seem to do it on Earth. I probably missed something
                      That's bothered me too, b/c supposedly, the only reason the Earth gate shook in the beginnine was b/c there were two gates on the same planet, causing a feedback control problem. They first installed dampeneres, but that fixed the symptom, not the problem. Once they found the second gate and locked it up in storage, they fixed the problem all together. but in Moebius, there was only one gate, so there shouldn't have been any shaking.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. Then doesn't that mean that Ra's Gate would shake, too?
                        LANDRY
                        Mmm... Green...

Comment

Lol, that is probably why I had no idea what you were talking about! I have not seen "Mobieus" yet, Part 1 is airing this Thursday, on Space and in my area that chanel is the furthest ahead.

Sorry I didn't read your posts, because I want to see the episodes, I don't want to spoil them.

Owen Macri

Comment

*using spoiler tags, just to be safe*
                            Well then, after Thursday, I'd like to hear your theory on why
                            Spoiler:
                            why the 'gate shakes, even after it's the only one on the planet.
                            LANDRY
                            Mmm... Green...

Comment

I have absolutly no idea what you are talking about, but that is alright I will watch the eppisode.

Well it is only Part 1 on thursday, you have to wait untill next Thursday if it is in Part 2 lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                              X