• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO: Anyone dissatisfied with Enterprise finale

Spoilers!!!!!

Spoilers for Enterprise finale

Spoiler:

I have not seen this episode yet, but I've seen a lot of spoilers and a lot of reactions. I don't like anything I've heard, and that is why I'm bringing this up. After what appears to have been an atrocious finale, the people over at at the Similitude community on Livejournal are asking (just asking - no pressure!) anyone who is unhappy with the finale to consider signing a pact to disregard it. It is particularly for people who unhappy with Trip's death, but as the idea is to 'reject and ignore the episode These Are The Voyages', it's there for anyone who wants to sign it.

Read the pact and make your decision. There are two versions of the pact - one is particularly for Trip/T'Polers.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/similitude/53185.html#cutid1

T/T - http://www.livejournal.com/community/similitude/52860.html#cutid1

Thanks to Kate98 at House of Tucker for bringing it to my attention

The writers could choose to ignore it, Personally Id rather believe the hole thing was just a holodeck program of Riker for fun and amusement nothing else.

There is some uncanon tv episodes on voyager , Like the episode "living witness".

Somthings conciderd canon are just completely bumped over in a attempt to pretend it never existed.

The episode was crap for two reasons it was a "TNG episode" and the holodeck ruined the linear nature of it, I felt the characters desserved a proper sending and end the show on their own , The TNG characters just hoged off the momment and made the ENT character diminish in the momment.

I felt some parts were poorly written , Trip dies and all the characters act like nothing ever happend and Reed makes Tellarite jokes at the end, I guess they must all be sociopaths who dont give a ****.

Why kill Tucker? Other to add drama a bland boring plot.

Why not blow up the hole ship go out with a bang?
    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Spoiler space!!!!

I agree with what you said, all the more reason for that pact I haven't signed it yet, but I will once I see the episode.

Comment

I agree!!! The only good thing in the final episode was the few seconds before the end credits where they showed the different ships and captains.
        Pointless secondary plot, pointless killing, ok tng episode so they should've just let Manny Coto write it!
        "The major difference between the thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Comment

Immensly. That was the worst star trek episode in ever ::looks back over the first 2 seasons of Voyager to be sure:: EVER.
          sigpic

Comment

Well what do you expect, Enterprise is crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
              Last season had some really good episodes. Even the whole xindi storyline wasn't THAT bad.
              sigpic

Comment

I love Enterprise, I have done since day one! But it definitly seemed to have found it's feet in the last couple of seasons. I think it's been just as good as the other series, and I love those characters...Trip in particular, if I'm honest! I'm disgusted with what I've heard about the finale.
                Spoiler:
                Having Riker & Troi in it was such an insult to the cast of Ent IMHO. It seems to have been, for all intents & purposes, a TNG episode, I've seen a few people say that.
                Spoiler:

And as for killing Trip!!! I hate that in itself, but people keep saying it was a completely pointless death, and with barely any reaction from the others, no proper send-off for him at all. I just don't understand how they could have thought that this episode was a good way to end Enterprise...I don't understand it at all.

Comment

season 4 was great, for most part
                  except daedalus and TATV

everything B&B seem to touch they ruin

Comment

Through a Mirror, Darkly was incredible.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Overall since season 1 the characters have ot been fleshed-out enough to care about them. It appeared to many writers were on the development of the stroy arc's, which didn't help either. At first Xindi war looked good, being it was 24 eps to complete the arc. Sorta like a 24 season. But, half way udring it I didn't even care if they failed.

As for the finale, 2 stars. Creative if they were mid-season shows. Both Conner and Jolinea stated at march con they were very disapointed in the last few shows. Jolinea actually pointed out the Ricker/Troi as a slap in the face to the actors and show in general. Even diplomatic Billingsly made comments at startrek.com about it. [brass ones]

I liked the dark tone of the Mirror like ep, but overall the last shows were forgetable.

Long live the memory of ST:TNG.
                      The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                        That's what I said to my dad. heh. funny.

I thought that the fourth season was really dumb. My dad thought the writers and directors were getting too raunchy with their sex/nudity scenes. Plus, it was completely redundant.

And why did the finale have to be on a holodeck? Why not something real? I'm hoping that there won't be another star trek series. Especially one produced and written by the same people that did enterprise.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
                        Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
                        "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
                        My deviantART profile

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
                          <snip>

And why did the finale have to be on a holodeck? Why not something real?

<snip> .
                          Now there's a good question.
                          Hopefully, it's so that if Enterprise ever does return in some shape or form, it's so they can say 'well, actually that holoprogram was just a work of fiction, the author based it on real events, but made changes - like killing people - just for dramatic effect. What actually happened was quite different'

Hopefully...

Comment

I don't like 'These are the Voyages...' either, for me the series finale of Enterprise is Terra Prime 2, the last scene between Trip & T'pol was wonderful.
                            These are the Voyages is like one of those cheesy made-for-TV movies for TNG.
                            sigpic
                            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

I hated the episode for a variety of reasons... but I don't see what a group of people who intend to disregard the episode will achieve.

The show is canon. There won't be more Enterprise to redress the problem. Much as with the PATHETIC death of Kirk in ST:Generations, fixing it would only make a bad ending worse.

It's over, move on.

Comment

Working...
                              X