PDA

View Full Version : SG1 Best Episode Tournament - Seasons 1 through 7 overall

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

ShimmeringStar
September 1st, 2005, 04:10 PM
Anyone got some predictions of the Top 10 episodes? At this rate, even without Katerine's absence, it might be another couple of months or more to find out the winners! :DProbably one that allowed each of the characters shine equally, played to their strengths, had plenty of things that go boom, good sfx...... something full of those 'classic' SG moments.... :)

GatetheWay
September 1st, 2005, 04:16 PM
Maybe someone should start a SGA Seasons 1 Best Episode Tournament?

Dani76
September 1st, 2005, 04:23 PM
Any luck yet with contacting Katerine? Anybody??

Sue_Jackson
September 1st, 2005, 06:06 PM
I think (IMHO) that it would narrowed down to The Lost City 1 and The Lost City 2.

FYI.....in the season 7 DVD set both episodes are counted as one 2-hour episode. Same with Children of the Gods. So, don't you think we, too, should count both both eps as one 2-hour ep? And, ditto goes for Children of the Gods.

Just a thought. :)

SG1Poz
September 1st, 2005, 07:51 PM
Just popping in to se if....nope, not back yet huh?

I 'd be surprised if The Lost City didn't win but I wouldn't separate 1 & 2. It's actually one show since it was supposed to be a movie.

Poz

L-JADE
September 1st, 2005, 09:40 PM
Yep. I'm thinking Lost City is gonna kill when it comes down to it. And, if S8 had been in the running, Reckoning would be in to the end as well. In fact, that would be a very close, very difficult running. :P

Your location is AT? :confused: *scratches head* What does that mean?

AT is the sound of Point of Origin symbol / Earth, remember the convo between Jack/Daniel in the commisary (Lost City I) :o
Yeah, I hope that Lost City means part I & II, because it's really hard to separate those.

the dancer of spaz
September 2nd, 2005, 12:36 AM
I think (IMHO) that it would narrowed down to The Lost City 1 and The Lost City 2.

FYI.....in the season 7 DVD set both episodes are counted as one 2-hour episode. Same with Children of the Gods. So, don't you think we, too, should count both both eps as one 2-hour ep? And, ditto goes for Children of the Gods.

Just a thought. :)

Nah. Each episode aired separated, was rated and reviewed by fans separately, and each got separate broadcast ratings... I think the way Katerine has it is OK, but maybe she'll change it once things get closer to the end. :)

Qtyled
September 2nd, 2005, 01:57 AM
Meridian, Window of Opportunity, Abyss, Full Circle, Lost City Part 2 and Heroes Pt 2 did well in the individual season tournaments (http://forum.gateworld.net/search.php?searchid=96935) so Im thinking those will finish high. Lost City will probably take the unsurprising victory.

CatGoddess
September 2nd, 2005, 11:01 AM
bump :)

Window of Opportunity for the win. ;)

Lida
September 2nd, 2005, 11:14 AM
I think we have to make a decision. We either see if someone else is willing to take over for Katerine and continue this thread, we start a new thread and start over, from the beginning (grimaces) or we we just close the thread ( :( ). At the very least, we should set some kind of time limit, say, Tuesday, Sept. 6th?

Just an idea.....it's been a while since Katerine has posted and no one seems to have any information. :(

the dancer of spaz
September 2nd, 2005, 12:25 PM
I think we have to make a decision. We either see if someone else is willing to take over for Katerine and continue this thread, we start a new thread and start over, from the beginning (grimaces) or we we just close the thread ( :( ). At the very least, we should set some kind of time limit, say, Tuesday, Sept. 6th?

Just an idea.....it's been a while since Katerine has posted and no one seems to have any information. :(

Nah. I'm sorry, but I don't think we should do anything so soon. I think we should be patient. This project was too involved and too time-consuming for Katerine (and any other person who's willing to take over). This was started by Katerine, and I think it should be ended by Katerine.

However, if after a more suitable time, she doesn't step back up to the plate, I think we should close it - or do it the old-fashioned way, and take a vote on what we should do.

That may sound extremely rash, but it just won't be the same if someone does it. I mean that both logistically and sentimentally. :)

Anyone who's in contact with Katerine - could you please let us know if and when she responds to your questions. You don't have to tell us what she says or how she seems to be feeling (i.e. annoyed, angry, offended, etc.). Just let us know if she responds. THAT way, we can know if she's simply abandoned the thread, OR if she's simply not around. :o

Lida
September 2nd, 2005, 12:29 PM
I'm very worried about Katerine, but from what I can recall, she hasn't posted anywhere on the Forum since August 18th? It's now September 2nd. How long do we wait? If you all wish to wait indefinitely, that's fine with me, I was just offering a suggestion as to what we could do. My best case scenario is Katerine returning.....safe and sound.

the dancer of spaz
September 2nd, 2005, 01:23 PM
I'm very worried about Katerine, but from what I can recall, she hasn't posted anywhere on the Forum since August 18th? It's now September 2nd. How long do we wait? If you all wish to wait indefinitely, that's fine with me, I was just offering a suggestion as to what we could do. My best case scenario is Katerine returning.....safe and sound.

That's cool. When it comes down to it, if we hold a vote, I don't think we'll decide to wait indefinitely. That'd be a bit much... But let's hope for some answers within the coming days. :o

On September 6, if we've heard nothing at all from Katerine, how about we all get together and throw some ideas around, OK? :)

SimilarCadence
September 2nd, 2005, 02:16 PM
That's cool. When it comes down to it, if we hold a vote, I don't think we'll decide to wait indefinitely. That'd be a bit much... But let's hope for some answers within the coming days. :o

On September 6, if we've heard nothing at all from Katerine, how about we all get together and throw some ideas around, OK? :)

Sounds good to me......

sg-1fanintn
September 2nd, 2005, 05:46 PM

I agree with Spaz.....September 6th sounds reasonable.

GatetheWay
September 2nd, 2005, 07:22 PM
I don't know...I was thinking more like September 18th, then we can say we waited a month. :o

Qtyled
September 2nd, 2005, 07:57 PM
Has anyone with Yahoo messenger tried adding her to see what's going on? Just a thought...

L-JADE
September 2nd, 2005, 10:55 PM
I don't know...I was thinking more like September 18th, then we can say we waited a month. :o

I'm more agree with GatetheWay... give Katerine a month to continue, maybe she's starting school/course/new job or something, RL sometimes takes a lot of time.

I'd say on Sept 18 we discuss whether to : a. continue this in here, or b. start over from the beginning :eek: (I'm sure there would be different eps that get kick out then, since we are more diverse now :cool: )

In the mean time, I would suggest that a week before sept 18, we sorta tell everyone about this decision, like sending PM to everyone who ever vote to come to this thread and vote A or B. Should they turn up to vote, this way, at least we got the voice of everyone (who care) for this Tournament, not just us who post lately to bump this thread. Thank you by the way , (((((you know who you are... ))))) :D

the dancer of spaz
September 3rd, 2005, 03:04 AM
I'm more agree with GatetheWay... give Katerine a month to continue, maybe she's starting school/course/new job or something, RL sometimes takes a lot of time.

I'd say on Sept 18 we discuss whether to : a. continue this in here, or b. start over from the beginning :eek: (I'm sure there would be different eps that get kick out then, since we are more diverse now :cool: )

In the mean time, I would suggest that a week before sept 18, we sorta tell everyone about this decision, like sending PM to everyone who ever vote to come to this thread and vote A or B. Should they turn up to vote, this way, at least we got the voice of everyone (who care) for this Tournament, not just us who post lately to bump this thread. Thank you by the way , (((((you know who you are... ))))) :D

Oh yeah! :D I'm game for whatever we all decide. Since so many people have been involved, maybe we should start spreading the word now. Part of me thinks that the 6th is too close, but the 18th seems REALLY far away. Let's see if we can get some more perspectives in here and have a sort of "formal vote" by the 12th. Does that sound like an OK compromise? :)

I don't want to let go of this thread too easily, but I think it would be an injustice to the concept (and potentially to Katerine) if we rush into a new system, where someone else is conducting the voting. Does that make sense? :)

divcon
September 3rd, 2005, 07:11 AM
I've been away from GW for a few weeks (RL, you know what I mean) and when I went to check on what round the voting was up to I was surprised to see that it hadn't advanced any further than the last round that I voted in. I was wondering and concerned about Katerine but from reading the last lot of posts I see that no-one has heard from her.

I think it would be hard for someone to take over this particular thread as it looks like Katerine puts a lot of time into the calculations. As much as I'd hate to see it dissappear I think it would be best to close it unless someone has the time and inclination to continue on for Katerine, which would mean starting a new thread and starting from scratch. :eek:

SimilarCadence
September 3rd, 2005, 11:34 AM
I think it would be hard for someone to take over this particular thread as it looks like Katerine puts a lot of time into the calculations. As much as I'd hate to see it dissappear I think it would be best to close it unless someone has the time and inclination to continue on for Katerine, which would mean starting a new thread and starting from scratch. :eek:
If I remember correctly, someone once asked Katerine how long it took her to do the calculations each day and I think she said approximately two hours, which is a big chunk out of a person's day. Especially if you have to live in the real world....

I think Catgoddess offered to take over the thread if Katerine doesn't come back....

Anubis69
September 3rd, 2005, 11:49 AM
I say we decide on a date and put something in our sigs that tell folk when and where to be. It's the easiest way of getting the information around rather than PMing everyone who's posted. That way, provided we all dwell in different regions (which is a certainty) word'll get around. So...... what date? Personally, i think somewhere over 3 weeks. She may be on holiday, and we should wait at least that time.

SG1Poz
September 3rd, 2005, 02:04 PM
Oh yeah! :D I'm game for whatever we all decide. Since so many people have been involved, maybe we should start spreading the word now. Part of me thinks that the 6th is too close, but the 18th seems REALLY far away. Let's see if we can get some more perspectives in here and have a sort of "formal vote" by the 12th. Does that sound like an OK compromise? :)

I don't want to let go of this thread too easily, but I think it would be an injustice to the concept (and potentially to Katerine) if we rush into a new system, where someone else is conducting the voting. Does that make sense? :)

AAhhh! Sounds like you guys are speaking of something I mentioned a week or so ago when she went missing?
Again, as I posted, there are other ways to access the internet and IMHO would have heard something by now.

PS: I haven't read ahead of this thread yet so forgive if something's been decided.

Poz

Angelique
September 3rd, 2005, 02:24 PM
Could we start a new thread with just the episodes remaining?? :S So we don't have to vote off the 53 already gone?? :S

Sam_o_Neill
September 3rd, 2005, 02:34 PM
I've been away for a while and I came to check on the voting only to find that it had stopped! Its strange what is going on with Katehrine, especially if she posted in her Live Journal on the 26th August.....I wonder why she hasn't returned here :S I hope everything is ok for her!!

Frostfox
September 3rd, 2005, 02:38 PM
I've been away for a while and I came to check on the voting only to find that it had stopped! Its strange what is going on with Katehrine, especially if she posted in her Live Journal on the 26th August.....I wonder why she hasn't returned here :S I hope everything is ok for her!!

We're all hoping she's okay, I'm assuming major computer failure or some nasty real life crud. I'd really rather wait for Katerine to return, the poll's not a life or death issue and it was Katerine's baby.

FF

CatGoddess
September 3rd, 2005, 04:09 PM
If I remember correctly, someone once asked Katerine how long it took her to do the calculations each day and I think she said approximately two hours, which is a big chunk out of a person's day. Especially if you have to live in the real world....

I think Catgoddess offered to take over the thread if Katerine doesn't come back....

I did, but I was thinking more in terms of keeping things moving forward for a short time until Katerine can return. I can track votes, but I can't replicate the type of statistics she was keeping. Plus, I should be starting a new job in a few weeks, at which point I wouldn't have the time to devote to running this thread.

This thread was a great idea, and it has been fun... I just don't want to see it die. :(

ShimmeringStar
September 3rd, 2005, 05:23 PM

I don't want to let go of this thread too easily, but I think it would be an injustice to the concept (and potentially to Katerine) if we rush into a new system, where someone else is conducting the voting. Does that make sense? :)I wonder if this is a question for a mod. Would it be possible to have this thread temporarily closed (or somehow suspended or stuck at the back of the folders) and then later reopened/restarted when Kat is able to come back? I liked her system, the stats and all, and would hate to see something new. There are polls for 'best of this and that' all over the board. Hers was something unique.

SimilarCadence
September 3rd, 2005, 06:00 PM
I did, but I was thinking more in terms of keeping things moving forward for a short time until Katerine can return. I can track votes, but I can't replicate the type of statistics she was keeping. Plus, I should be starting a new job in a few weeks, at which point I wouldn't have the time to devote to running this thread.

This thread was a great idea, and it has been fun... I just don't want to see it die. :(
Sorry, CatGoddess---didn't mean to put you on the spot like that. It would be a lot of work, especially with you starting a new job. That's certainly understandable. :o

CatGoddess
September 3rd, 2005, 06:21 PM
Sorry, CatGoddess---didn't mean to put you on the spot like that. It would be a lot of work, especially with you starting a new job. That's certainly understandable. :o

No problem - when I initially offered to take over the thread, I hadn't even interviewed with the company in question. I could still take responsibility for tallying votes for a bit, but I would hesitate to take responsibility for seeing this thread through to the end.

Lucreleia
September 3rd, 2005, 06:25 PM
Bump!

Just playing my part to keep this thread in the first page...

I've been reading about the poll, I think we should give Kate some more time, the 12 or 18 sound good to me.

L4J: Do you have any news?

the dancer of spaz
September 3rd, 2005, 10:42 PM
Hey guys!

This is getting kinda confusing... Am I the only one? :P

How about we do this: Over the next 72 hours, everyone who's interested in this situation puts down the date that they think we should make a decision - the 12th or the 18th. 72 hours from now, we'll tally up the votes (in true Katerine fashion :) ), and see which date wins. From there, we can spread the word in our sigs, like Anubis69 suggested, and make our decision based on a vote that will be held on the designated day. How does that sound?

In regards to your question, ShimmeringStar, I think the thread will be fine if we come in periodically and keep it up - depending, of course, on what we decide. :) Does anyone know which mods were overseeing this project?

Do you guys think that'll work?

L-JADE
September 3rd, 2005, 11:39 PM
BUMPING!

right now I really don't have any solution.. so I just do my share of bumping the thread and leave the thinking to the forum. Sorry muddled mind here...

dipsofjazz
September 4th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Just bumping the thread. I'll vote for the 18th, since it would then be a whole month since Katerine was last here.

Easter Lily
September 4th, 2005, 05:28 AM
I'll go along with the concensus... 18th is as good a date as any... :)

Anubis69
September 4th, 2005, 06:53 AM
My vote also goes to the 18th.

Lida
September 4th, 2005, 07:00 AM
I think the 18th is too long a wait......if Katerine hasn't returned by now, or even left someone some word about why she has gone or if she is ok, I doubt she will suddenly be back, and return to the tournament. I have to vote for the 12th, partly for personal reasons and partly because it has already been too long.

I understand how much of a time investment this must have been for Katerine and I also understand how sometimes RL gets in the way for many of "us FANatics" on the Forum, but the tournament had taken on a life of it's own, and I, for one, miss it. I'm still hoping that Kat is OK and will return, but as each day passes without word, that hope gets fainter. :(

Angelique
September 4th, 2005, 10:57 AM
I vote for the 18th. A month is long enough to wait.

I hope Kat is OK and she comes back soon. :(

galaxy
September 4th, 2005, 11:07 AM
I vote for the 18th. A month is long enough to wait.

I hope Kat is OK and she comes back soon. :(

I second that. The 18th seems to be a good date...though I still hope that Katerine is okay and comes back to us.
I'm really worried about her.:(

L-JADE
September 4th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Bumping!

I, too agree on the 18th, but my question is who would do the tally ? (((CatGoddess))) is kind enough to offer (thank you!) but she can do it only temprarily, after that we'll gonna be stuck again ...
Just a suggestion, could we ask Celcius to continue ? that is if he has time & willing to do it, he starts the other tournaments in GW.

SimilarCadence
September 4th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I say we go with the 18th---that will make it a full month since we've heard from Katerine.....that's a fair amount of time.

CatGoddess
September 4th, 2005, 03:01 PM
The 18th sounds good to me.

LOL4JACK
September 4th, 2005, 04:31 PM
The 18th... but then what do we do next... for me this tournament belongs to Katherine... I left her a message on her life journal but have not heard from her.

I've also tried adding her to my Yahoo messanger, but every time I've tried the short cut from GW my Internet Explorer freezes, anybody else has tried?

Lucreleia
September 4th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I vote for the 18 as well... I think it's enough time.

-Major Woody
September 4th, 2005, 05:11 PM

I think Catgoddess offered to take over the thread if Katerine doesn't come back....I'd like to know how she does it.
It took me 4 hours just to count the votes (which I did twice) and the totals still came out wrong.
(I counted 66 valid posts for a total of 528 total votes. I got 527 the first count, 530 the second.)
But 'Rite of Passage' still got the most votes in Rd. 54.
That's probably why she tried to limit the rounds to one or two days each, fewer votes to count. But I say we give her until the 18th before deciding how to continue.

L-JADE
September 4th, 2005, 05:45 PM
BUMP!

She prolly use Excel spread-sheets, multiple windows, high-speed DSL & a very friendly mouse :p

Sue_Jackson
September 5th, 2005, 06:22 AM
I too vote we wait till the 18th. I sure hope Katerine comes back to us by then. But, if she is just so consumed by RL that she just isn't able, then I clearly understand.

:)

Lida
September 5th, 2005, 01:49 PM
BUMP
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Guess I'm out voted....the 18th it is...but then what????? I would volunteer to try to carry on the tourney, but after the 21st, I'll be offline for an unknown length of time. :(

Seshat
September 5th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I'm happy with waiting until the 18th. There's no way to know what's going on with Katerine until she comes back, but her absence obviously shows that she has more important things to deal with right now, and I can accept that. :)

Carterslave
September 5th, 2005, 05:25 PM
It took me 4 hours just to count the votes (which I did twice) and the totals still came out wrong.
I'm more concerned about our vote-counter's whereabouts than the resumption of the polling, which should be delayed as long as possible, partly to allow a decent period of mourning for Rite of Passage :(
Anyway, perhaps some of the number-crunching could be eliminated or simplified. Season rankings and so on probably don't need to be recalibrated on a daily basis, especially as they've been fairly static up to this point.

CeeKay Sheppard
September 5th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Anyway, perhaps some of the number-crunching could be eliminated or simplified. Season rankings and so on probably don't need to be recalibrated on a daily basis, especially as they've been fairly static up to this point.

Also, Katerine is probably the only one who really knows how she did it... I'm fairly sure the math is too complicated for me... :S

Kliggins
September 5th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I vote for September 18 also.

the dancer of spaz
September 5th, 2005, 10:48 PM
I would have voted for the 12th, but the 18th is just fine since so many people agree. :)

Now that that's settled, I guess we can all advertise the date and thread in our sigs, if we like. There might be a few people who are lurking and waiting for a decision from the more vocal group, but there are probably a bunch of people who don't realize that it's been dead for a while. ;) Can someone please tell me how to put the link in my sig? :) What's involved in that little endeavor? (I'm seriously a dork.) :P

As it gets closer to the date, let's throw around motions that will be discussed. For instance, who is interested in taking over the tallying, should we decide to go that route. Should we have a group or a single person? Should a new system be developed? Should we start from the beginning, or should we continue with the remaining episodes? Should we close the thread down altogether?

Decisions like these, IMO, should be made by a large majority of the voters who have faithfully participated in the thread for the past few months. That's why I think it's so important that we tell other people about the goingson here, so that they can take part in deciding the final fate of the thread - if it gets to that point. :(

Who knows? The 18th might provide just the amount of time that Katerine needs to get back into the swing of things. :D

undomesticated_equine
September 6th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Can someone please tell me how to put the link in my sig? :) What's involved in that little endeavor? (I'm seriously a dork.) :P

Hey Dancer! To add the link to your sig use the hyperlink button in the 'edit sig' section of 'my controls'. The icon is the pic of earth with the chain link underneath it. You will have to copy and paste the url of the thread, when it prompts you to add the address. Hope that helps.

Anubis69
September 6th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Holy crap!!! *BUMP*

Phew....The thread was on 2nd page for a minute there.

Now we've decided the date....what are we doing on the date?? Obviously we have to get word round then... ???

LOL4JACK
September 6th, 2005, 09:43 AM
My two cents... why don't we think of options, i.e.

- Close the thread
- Have somebody take over this thread
- Open a new one from the begining
- Open a new thread taking out the episodes that have already been eliminated.

etc.... once we have our options, we can open a seperate thread with a poll on the top (that way we don't count) and open the poll for 1 week... promoting it in our sigs.

At the end we will have a desicion taken.

PS: Katerine, we miss you!!!!!

Seshat
September 6th, 2005, 10:54 AM

- Close the thread

etc.... once we have our options, we can open a seperate thread with a poll on the top (that way we don't count) and open the poll for 1 week... promoting it in our sigs.

Well, the idea I like best is someone taking it over if Katerine is unable to resume handling it. But I don't feel comfortable releasing it to someone else's care without Katerine's okay at least. I'd be willing to put it on indefinite hold until she could come back, assuming someone is able to get in touch with her. Katerine's done such a fine job so far, and the thread is really her baby, she should decide, if at all possible.

the dancer of spaz
September 6th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks for your help, undomesticated_equine! I'll get on that some time today. ;)

OK... So the main questions are:

Who is interested in taking over the tallying?

Should we have a group or a single person?

Should a new system be developed?

Should we start from the beginning, or should we continue with the remaining episodes?

Should we close the thread down altogether?

Again, as I said last night, I think it's VERY important that we get as many voters into the thread on that date as possible. I'd hate for the fate of this thread to be decided by just a few people. Katerine managed to get a bunch of people in. We all travel in different circles, so I'm sure we can do the same thing! :D

Capt. Voronokova
September 6th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I was really hoping to see Katerine post Labor Day. Hope she's okay.

Since this is getting dangerously close to page 2, figured I'd bump.

If Katerine doesn't return :( and we do anything, the 18th sounds like a good date to decide.

As for dancer's questions, my two cents.
Who? A very kind very patient volunteer.
How many? I would think a group would be too confusing, but whatever works.
New system? I think the take off of Celsius's system works well, but all of K's wonderful stats may be too unwieldly to tally.
Start from the beginning? Oh for the love of Mike, PLEASE NO! I don't think I could go through 54 rounds again. I think the thread would die, if it won't anyway.
Should we close it? It is Katerine's baby. I'm not sure how it would work with someone else. I'm torn between seeing it end unfinished and continuing without her.

Perhaps we should wait to see if anyone is willing to continue it, if not, it may be a moot point. Please come back Katerine! We miss you!

L-JADE
September 6th, 2005, 09:51 PM
BUMPING!

and my two cents..

who ? I said it again, could we ask Celcius to do it ? it's his system that Katerine adopt, if he can't, then I don't know who would have the time, the patient and the familiarity of the system.

howmany ? agree with CaptV, a group could be confusing

start from beginning ? yes, I would prefer that way. If Katerine come back someday, we could leave that one and return to this thread or even take both in tandem, provided VVV

new system ? if we continued this thread, then NO. IF we open new thread then YES, maybe we choose 10 eps per vote (instead of 8) I'm sure the result would be different, the voter are not as diversed as we are now when Katerine started this thread

should we close it ? I would prefer yes, see above ^^^

undomesticated_equine
September 6th, 2005, 10:20 PM
[COLOR=Navy]Thanks for your help, undomesticated_equine! I'll get on that some time today. ;)

No probs! Glad I could help, and the link looks great. :)

As for the questions, I agree with Capt Voronokova. Well said.

Who? A very kind very patient volunteer.
How many? I would think a group would be too confusing, but whatever works.
New system? I think the take off of Celsius's system works well, but all of K's wonderful stats may be too unwieldly to tally.
Start from the beginning? Oh for the love of Mike, PLEASE NO! I don't think I could go through 54 rounds again. I think the thread would die, if it won't anyway.
Should we close it? It is Katerine's baby. I'm not sure how it would work with someone else. I'm torn between seeing it end unfinished and continuing without her.

Perhaps we should wait to see if anyone is willing to continue it, if not, it may be a moot point. Please come back Katerine! We miss you!

the dancer of spaz
September 6th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks for putting a notice in your sig, undomesticated_equine! :D

Here are my votes for now... I think we'll just have to repeat them on the 18th. They don't really differ from yours!

Taking over: I'd prefer no one else did, only because no one's expressed a gung-ho effort. Celsius would be an obvious choice, but I haven't really seen that person around. There's no point in dropping this in his/her lap.

Single vs. Group: If a significant amount of people want us to continue AS IS, and if no one steps up to the plate, we may have to get a group, if only to ensure that the votes are tallied in a timely manner. Still, a group WOULD get confusing, I agree. Both have their benefits, I suppose. I'd prefer one (very brave, very dedicated) person did it.

A New System: It may work if we decide on a group OR if one person does it and just DOESN'T get Katerine's/Celsius' method. A new system would also be nicer, because it wouldn't seem like we're stealing Katerine's babe. :)

Go Forth: I'd rather we started over if we decide to continue at all, but that's just me. It'd be AWFUL and it probably wouldn't survive, but I just can't justify us doing what Katerine did. Maybe when - not if - she gets back, she can appoint a Vice-President dude/gal to take over when she's not around. :P

Closing Up Shop: Ultimately, I'd like us to close up shop, but it's good to have a decent and all-encompassing back-up plan should a butt-load of people come in on the 18th demanding that SOMEONE continue this thread. :S

I'd understand if people were upset about us closing it for good, but this is really out of all of our control. :( It's unfortunate that it may end this way, but there's still hope! We have 11 days and counting! Katerine could still make an appearance. :)

da_hippie
September 7th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Who: I would be willing to continue in Katherine's place, if the all of you accept me that is.

How many: Better to stick to one person doing it to make it less confusing. However, that person should choose a deputy, to take over whilst on holiday or ill.

System: We amy as well use this system, as it works and everyone's used to it.

Start over: No, I doubt people would be as enthusiastic to go through 54 rounds again and end up with similar standings.

Close it down: NOOOOO!!! Wherever Katherine is now, Im sure she'd rather know that someone else is continuing her fine work, rather than come back and see that we've let her baby wither and die by being unwilling to take matters into our own hands.

As above, I would be willing to take over and run this thread in place of Katherine. If you wish me to do so, please say so. Although I agree that we should wait until the 18th before doing anything anyway.

SimilarCadence
September 7th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Who? Da Hippie just volunteered (brave soul)---I'm fine with that.
Group or single person? See above.... (Single seems much less complicated....you know what they say about too many cooks...)
New system? As long as it's okay with the person doing it, I'd say stick with Katerine's methods....
Start from the beginning? Oh, please, no! (Having said that, if everyone else wanted to start over, I'd go along with it, but my first answer is "no".)
Close down the thread? No. Let me explain...I agree this thread is Katerine's baby and she's done an amazing job with it. (She has my admiration----my mind glazes over when it comes to numbers and statistics. :S) If someone temporarily takes over this thread until Katerine returns, it will be like a substitute teacher taking over for a regular teacher (in a classroom situation). I'm okay with that. When you have a substitute, things may change a little while he-or-she is there, but everything returns to normal once your usual teacher returns. I hope Katerine returns, but, realistically speaking, she may have some major things going on in her life and not be able to fit this thread into her schedule at this point in her life...... If this were my thread and I had to leave it for an unspecified amount of time, it wouldn't bother me if someone else took it over temporarily to keep the ball rolling.....

Celsius
September 7th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Taking over: I'd prefer no one else did, only because no one's expressed a gung-ho effort. Celsius would be an obvious choice, but I haven't really seen that person around. There's no point in dropping this in his/her lap.

Well hi I'm here now :) While I am still hoping that Katherine is ok and returns some time soon, I woudl be happy to run/help out with this tournament, but as da_hippie has already kindly offered to run it, I think they should get priority :). I think we should probably keep the system the same, as long as whoever does end up running it doesn't mind doing the more compelx aspects of the tallying.

Lida
September 7th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Well hi I'm here now :) While I am still hoping that Katherine is ok and returns some time soon, I woudl be happy to run/help out with this tournament, but as da_hippie has already kindly offered to run it, I think they should get priority :). I think we should probably keep the system the same, as long as whoever does end up running it doesn't mind doing the more compelx aspects of the tallying.

Thank you, both Celsius and da_hippie, for volunteering to take over the tournament. I've been hoping we would have heard from Katerine by now, but as each day passes, my hope grows dimmer. I wish we knew she was alright.....

As for posting any votes...NO. Let's just be patient and wait until the tournament officially begins again. I was hoping for an earlier start, than the 18th, but the majority rules. :)

htnwahs
September 7th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I think we should continue it in a different thread, with the episodes that have been eliminated gone. That way we dont have to do 4 months worth of voting again.

With it running in a different thread, if Katherine returns, she can continue where she left off.

LOL4JACK
September 7th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Who is interested in taking over the tallying? Unfortunately I can't... :(

Should we have a group or a single person? I think a single person is better.

Should a new system be developed? I don't mind, whatever is best.

Should we start from the beginning, or should we continue with the remaining episodes? Nooooooooooooo, please not from the begining!

Should we close the thread down altogether? I think this is Katerine's thread... I would like maybe to start another one.

But overall, I'm easy going :p

SG1Poz
September 7th, 2005, 04:41 PM

- Close the thread

I'd vote for option 4.

It's taken do long to get this far.

Poz

Angelique
September 7th, 2005, 04:51 PM

- Close the thread

I vote for option 4, too.

the dancer of spaz
September 7th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Good deal. It looks like da_hippie and Celsius are totally on it! I like Option 4 as well. :)

Is it possible for anyone else to advertise the date in their sig? I think undomesticated_equine and Angelique both have their own. It's amazing how many people would click on the link if it was there. Then we can have a nice amount of people here on the 18th... *Goes over to change sig a little* :)

L-JADE
September 7th, 2005, 09:55 PM
BUMP!

Okey-dokey... change my sig to show the date. Hopefully all the Tournament voters would come & vote as well.

da_hippie
September 7th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Having thought about it, it would probably be easer to continue this tournament from where we left off, but in a different thread. This is so that all of the results posts would be by me or Celsius and so that we could have the first post of the thread to be showing the episodes that have been eliminated and the ones that are left. I can't do that here, as I can't edit Katherine's post.

Also, if the link doesn't display properly in my sig, could someone please tell how I can get it to.

the dancer of spaz
September 7th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Looks good to me, da_hippie! :P

Uber
September 7th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Looks good to me, da_hippie! :PI'm game for whatever the majority decides...

Although it goes without saying I wish I knew what happened to Katerine...

:(

Kliggins
September 7th, 2005, 11:39 PM

- Close the thread

I hope that Katerine is okay and will return and continue with the contest, but if that does not happen then;

I vote for da hippie/Celsius taking over the contest and continuing from where we left off.

Thanks for volunteering; I would be happy to help too if the need arises. :)

the dancer of spaz
September 7th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Sounds good Kliggins and Über! Just remember to stop by on the 18th, if you get the chance! :D

Angelique
September 8th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Is it possible for anyone else to advertise the date in their sig? I think undomesticated_equine and Angelique both have their own.
I edited my sig link. :)

LOL4JACK
September 8th, 2005, 06:16 AM
I edited my sig link. :)
Same here!

SG1Poz
September 8th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Ahhh! I had to bump. This thread was being buried !

Poz

LOL4JACK
September 8th, 2005, 06:20 PM
And bump again.... :p

Lucreleia
September 8th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Bumping!

I've changed my sig, too. Hope it helps!

L-JADE
September 8th, 2005, 10:34 PM
BUMPETY BUMPETY BUMP!

Dani76
September 8th, 2005, 11:33 PM
I also edited my sig to get the word out. Hopefully everybody who voted here before will hear about it and come by to vote.

divcon
September 9th, 2005, 06:28 AM
BUMP!!!

And up she goes. I've also edited my sig. Every sig should help. :)

the dancer of spaz
September 9th, 2005, 08:55 AM
This is so cool. Thanks for bumpety-bumping for the advertisements in your sigs!!! :P :D

da_hippie
September 9th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Bump!

L-JADE
September 9th, 2005, 01:38 PM
BUMP!

thanks ((((da hippie & Celcius)))) for taking care of vote-tally
Just wondering, how are you gonna change the First Post (to mention the current round like Katerine does) ? or are the remaining episodes are now mentioned in the Vote-Tally Post only ? .. do I make sense ? sorry kinda loopy right now.. :o

Seshat
September 9th, 2005, 01:47 PM
BUMP!

Just wondering, how are you gonna change the First Post (to mention the current round like Katerine does) ? or are the remaining episodes are now mentioned in the Vote-Tally Post only ? .. do I make sense ? sorry kinda loopy right now.. :o
Hmmm...very good point. I guess that continuing from Round 54 (or wherever we were) in a NEW THREAD might be necessary after all.

L-JADE
September 9th, 2005, 03:55 PM
That's why I prefer to make a new thread. Katerine has spoiled us with a very thorough & meticulously thought system, if the remaining episodes floats with the Vote-Tally Post, it would be hard for newbies to understand the rules & vote only valid episodes (regretfully, sometimes also some of us), IMHO.

Dani76
September 9th, 2005, 10:07 PM
BUMP!!!

da_hippie
September 10th, 2005, 06:13 AM
BUMP!

If you look back a page or two, I said in a post that we should start a new thread so that the first post could be edited daily. Also, I'll probably start the last round again (the round that was never totalled up) as all of the votes are now lost in many pages of 'Where's Katherine?'.

Dani76
September 10th, 2005, 09:36 PM
BUMP!!

L-JADE
September 10th, 2005, 11:44 PM
WEEK END BUMP!

da_hippie
September 11th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Sunday Night BUMP!

SimilarCadence
September 11th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Superfluous BUMP!

Seshat
September 11th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Not really sure why this thread needs to be continually "bumped" up to page one?? If those interested in it's continuation place it on their "Subscribed Threads" lists they will not forget it when the time comes to vote.

L-JADE
September 11th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Not really sure why this thread needs to be continually "bumped" up to page one?? If those interested in it's continuation place it on their "Subscribed Threads" lists they will not forget it when the time comes to vote.

Bumping the thread is for the benefit of newbies, new voter or those who do not subscribe to threads, maybe seeing the thread at the first page might remind them to check it out and even though the voting is not continued yet, it might give them an idea of what's going on.
I post once a day, if it's already in front page then I don't post.

Spiderqueen
September 11th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I still think we should wait around for Katherine, but if she doesn't show up, then I guess we could take over...oh well, we'll find out a week from today!

BUMP!

SG1Poz
September 12th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Bumping the thread is for the benefit of newbies, new voter or those who do not subscribe to threads, maybe seeing the thread at the first page might remind them to check it out and even though the voting is not continued yet, it might give them an idea of what's going on.

I agree. It will get lost for those who do not know about adding it to their lists. By the way,

BUMP !

Poz

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 12th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Fire and Water
Deadman Switch
Learning Curve
The Other Side
Ascension
Cure
Lifeboat

Lucreleia
September 12th, 2005, 08:40 PM
I think this thread needs

BUMPING!!!

Lida
September 13th, 2005, 09:27 AM
(looks at the clock)

Yep, it's that time again..... ;)

BUMP!

SimilarCadence
September 13th, 2005, 01:33 PM
.....and I think some of us just miss posting in this thread! :p

(incognito bump)

SG1Poz
September 13th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I'm turning into a Bumpaholic!

poz

L-JADE
September 13th, 2005, 09:40 PM
BUMPAHOLIC ANONYMOUS

Hi my name is L-JADE, and it's been 24 hour since I did my last BUMP.
I'm weak and gullible, please help me :o

aizjanika
September 13th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Hi. I disappeared from the thread for a little while...real life got in the way and then GateWorld decided it didn't like me any more and wouldn't let me post. Everytime I tried to get a new password, it would send me the email to reset my password, but never send me the actual password once I reset it. It finally worked for me a few days ago, so here I am. :-)

I changed my signature, but I don't know if it'll help since I hardly ever post. :-)

da_hippie
September 14th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Bumpety-bump-bump

SG1Poz
September 14th, 2005, 05:37 PM
How about a good evening BUMP!

Lucreleia
September 14th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Too near to second page! so

BUMP!

undomesticated_equine
September 15th, 2005, 07:39 AM
BUMP!

And... also... I have a question.

Is voting on the 18th going to be specific to a certain time standard? For example, I run on AEST, so it'll be the 18th here a bit earlier than most of you. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, does it matter? :S

Thanks. :)

da_hippie
September 15th, 2005, 11:45 AM
BUMP!

And... also... I have a question.

Is voting on the 18th going to be specific to a certain time standard? For example, I run on AEST, so it'll be the 18th here a bit earlier than most of you. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, does it matter? :S

Thanks. :)
I'm hoping that some kind person will post, summing up the possibilities of what to do with the thread, so that everyone can just vote for one of them. If so, then just wait until that post is made and get your vote in.

the dancer of spaz
September 15th, 2005, 11:53 AM
On the 16th and the 17th, we can compile all of the different options we have. In fact, thank you for mentioning this. :D I think I'll ask a mod to create a poll with a list of all of the options. How does that sound? :)

L-JADE
September 15th, 2005, 01:23 PM
I think a poll would need a new thread, or maybe the MODS can insert it at the first page, but then THIS thread would turn into a poll. I'm not really sure about the mechanism of it.
Right now what I really have to do is to remind myself to vote on the 18th, that would be hard coz it's in the middle of my vacation :o

the dancer of spaz
September 15th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I PMed Skydiver and she said that she can attach the poll to the first page of this thread. :) Now, all we need to do is provide a list of the options. I'm going to try to get that list to her some time before the 17th.

She said that the poll can be created to allow more than one vote, but I think one vote would be just fine, if we can describe the options clearly enough. What do you guys think? :)

galaxy
September 15th, 2005, 03:48 PM
I PMed Skydiver and she said that she can attach the poll to the first page of this thread. :) Now, all we need to do is provide a list of the options. I'm going to try to get that list to her some time before the 17th.

She said that the poll can be created to allow more than one vote, but I think one vote would be just fine, if we can describe the options clearly enough. What do you guys think? :)

Yep, I agree. One vote should be enough.
There aren't that many options anyway. :)

L-JADE
September 15th, 2005, 03:50 PM
One vote poll please ... IMO, it would (I hope) lessen the arguments and unnecessary complications.
The wording of the vote should be as clear as possible, and you got 2 days to think about it ;)

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 15th, 2005, 03:55 PM
What's up with all the Bumping, mmm...

the dancer of spaz
September 15th, 2005, 03:58 PM
The wording of the vote should be as clear as possible, and you got 2 days to think about it ;)

Yeah, yeah. :P

Anubis69
September 16th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Got *Bump*?!

the dancer of spaz
September 16th, 2005, 10:14 AM
These are the poll's voting options I'll be sending to Sky this evening:

1.) "Close This Thread Permanently/Don't Open A New One: This tournament was Katerine's baby, and I can't imagine it going on without her in any capacity."

2.) "Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Start Tournament From The Beginning: Someone else can take over the job, and we can work from scratch without infringing on Katerine's project."

3.) "Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Continue Tournament From Last Round: Someone else can take over the job, but we won't have to worry about going through a thousand rounds again."

4.) "Close This Thread Temporarily/Don't Open A New One: Katerine could come back one day, and when she does, we can continue from where she left off."

5.) "Wait Until October 2nd To Take Any Action: Let's give Katerine some more time before we make any hasty (and permanent) decisions."

Do you guys have anything to amend/add? :)

da_hippie
September 16th, 2005, 10:27 AM
They saound like a pretty good set of choices. Perhaps a fifth one could be:

'Wait a further week/month/blurn before taking any action'

for people who still wish to give Katherine a bit more time.

the dancer of spaz
September 16th, 2005, 10:45 AM
They saound like a pretty good set of choices. Perhaps a fifth one could be:

'Wait a further week/month/blurn before taking any action'

for people who still wish to give Katherine a bit more time.

It's been added to the list! :D

L-JADE
September 16th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Number 1 & 4 look the same to me, if nobody post then naturally the thread would push to the back (and sadly forgotten) and if/when Katerine comes back & decide to activate it, she can just post to re-start it.

Although I prefer we close the thread & start over, but some people would like to just continue the round on this thread, (and you&da_hippie count the tally as Katerine does) and you don't have that option in the poll.

Got headache ? ;) and oh yeah... BUMP

da_hippie
September 16th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Number 1 & 4 look the same to me, if nobody post then naturally the thread would push to the back (and sadly forgotten) and if/when Katerine comes back & decide to activate it, she can just post to re-start it.

Although I prefer we close the thread & start over, but some people would like to just continue the round on this thread, (and you&da_hippie count the tally as Katerine does) and you don't have that option in the poll.

Got headache ? ;) and oh yeah... BUMP
It would be ideal to continue in this thread, but we can't edit the first post, so people will be constantly searching through posts to find the latest updates. And just remember how popular this thread is.

CatGoddess
September 16th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Options 1 and 4 are pretty much the same. A closed thread can always be re-opened.

If we do go forward with someone else running the show, it would pretty much have to be with a new thread. In a thread this size, having up-to-date info in the first post, where it can be easily found, is a necessity. Only the original poster or a mod can edit a post. So unless a mod wants to take it over (and they have plenty on their plates already!) we'd really need a new thread.

Lucreleia
September 16th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Reviewing what's been said since Spaz (can I shortcut it?) proposed the voting options, how about this:

1.) "Close This Thread Permanently/Don't Open A New One: This tournament was Katerine's baby, and I can't imagine it going on without her in any capacity. Anyway, Katerine could come back one day, and when she does, we can continue from where she left off."

2.) "Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Start Tournament From The Beginning: Someone else can take over the job, and we can work from scratch without infringing on Katerine's project."

3.) "Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Continue Tournament From Last Round: Someone else can take over the job, but we won't have to worry about going through a thousand rounds again."

4.) "Wait Until October 2nd To Take Any Action: Let's give Katerine some more time before we make any hasty (and permanent) decisions."

Note: The option of continuing the tournament in this thread is not proposed because the person who takes over the job will not be able to edit Katherine's first post.

What do you think of that?

the dancer of spaz
September 17th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Reviewing what's been said since Spaz (can I shortcut it?) proposed the voting options, how about this:

1.) "Close This Thread Permanently/Don't Open A New One: This tournament was Katerine's baby, and I can't imagine it going on without her in any capacity. Anyway, Katerine could come back one day, and when she does, we can continue from where she left off."

4.) "Wait Until October 2nd To Take Any Action: Let's give Katerine some more time before we make any hasty (and permanent) decisions."

Note: The option of continuing the tournament in this thread is not proposed because the person who takes over the job will not be able to edit Katherine's first post.

What do you think of that?

Sounds good. I'll send this over to Sky. Thanks guys! :)

Lucreleia
September 17th, 2005, 08:25 AM

Great! So, since we all have different times, how long are you planning to keep the voting open?

Oh, and by the way, BUMP!

Seshat
September 17th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Yes, I agree.

I really miss this poll. It was one of the few reasons I was sticking around here. :( I hope it can come back in some format. :)

SG1Poz
September 17th, 2005, 06:12 PM
The last poll set up sounds good to me.

By the way, did anyone watching last nights episode get the same reponse as me when Sam mentioned "The Bump" on the diagnostic scresn? I giggled thinking about all the bumping going on here:)

Poz

SG1Poz
September 17th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Ok, It's the 18th here EST! Are we ready to vote?

Poz

the dancer of spaz
September 17th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Hey guys! Since the time zone weirdness is pretty much unavoidable, Skydiver will leave the poll up for a couple of days, starting on the 18th at her earliest convenience. This was an addition to the thread that wasn't really necessary - just more expedient. :) Everyone will be given the opportunity to vote. Sky will also be placing our voting options on the first page of the thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience for those who may be voting on the evening of the 18th. :o

But you certainly can't accuse us of false advertising, right? ;)

SG1Poz
September 17th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Thank you Denise for setting up the polls!!! Looking at the total visitors to this thread makes it seem worth it:)

Poz

SG1Poz
September 18th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I found it Spaz!!!!!!! :)

Poz

Lucreleia
September 18th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Sunday must be a bad day for the sinapsis of my neurons..... :p

I thought the poll would be place in this thread, at the first page... and after coming here a couple of times and not finding anything, I was beginning to think that something was wrong... That happens when you open the threads from My Controls instead of looking at General Discussion... :o

But thanks to SG1Poz I realized that I was the one looking at the wrong place... so, if there is anyone else completely lost, like me, here is the route to the poll:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17529

I've also changed my sig with this route, I hope it helps!

L-JADE
September 18th, 2005, 07:19 PM
BUMP!

er... do we still need to do this ??

SG1Poz
September 18th, 2005, 07:25 PM
BUMP!

er... do we still need to do this ??

For now I guess.

Lida
September 19th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Sunday must be a bad day for the sinapsis of my neurons..... :p

I thought the poll would be place in this thread, at the first page... and after coming here a couple of times and not finding anything, I was beginning to think that something was wrong... That happens when you open the threads from My Controls instead of looking at General Discussion... :o

But thanks to SG1Poz I realized that I was the one looking at the wrong place... so, if there is anyone else completely lost, like me, here is the route to the poll:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17529

I've also changed my sig with this route, I hope it helps!

I too, didn't realize there was a poll....so if anyone else has fallen out of the loop, please vote, to decide the fate of this tournament.

Perhaps trying to do the first 7 seasons all at once is a bit daunting....perhaps we could break it into two halfs, and then have a final vote, for the best over-all. We could posibbly include season 8 this time? Yes....No? Just a thought......

Lucreleia
September 19th, 2005, 09:59 AM
I too, didn't realize there was a poll....so if anyone else has fallen out of the loop, please vote, to decide the fate of this tournament.

Perhaps trying to do the first 7 seasons all at once is a bit daunting....perhaps we could break it into two halfs, and then have a final vote, for the best over-all. We could posibbly include season 8 this time? Yes....No? Just a thought......

I think that the purpose of this thread was to include every episode, it's more work, I know, but this way we are fare to every ep....
And regarding S8, I haven't seen it yet, it's airing in my country just now, but, as always, let majority rule...

Carterslave
September 19th, 2005, 09:47 PM
We could posibbly include season 8 this time? Yes....No? Just a thought......
Just my $0.02, but that would really frack-up the results so far. I strongly suspect that a number of S8 episodes would have bitten the dust in the early rounds, so throwing it into the voting at this more-or-less-midway point would skew the results, at least as to how they reflect the episodes that people really didn't like.
Also, S8 still hasn't aired in syndication yet, so including it would do a disservice to those voters who haven't had a chance to see the episodes and make up their own minds.

the dancer of spaz
September 19th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Just my $0.02, but that would really frack-up the results so far. I strongly suspect that a number of S8 episodes would have bitten the dust in the early rounds, so throwing it into the voting at this more-or-less-midway point would skew the results, at least as to how they reflect the episodes that people really didn't like.
Also, S8 still hasn't aired in syndication yet, so including it would do a disservice to those voters who haven't had a chance to see the episodes and make up their own minds.

I agree. There's no need to "frack this up" anymore than it already has been. ;)

Skydiver
September 20th, 2005, 08:09 AM
ok, here's the results

Close This Thread Permanently/Don't Open A New One: 8 ...9.64%
Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Start Tournament From The Beginning 8 ....9.64%
Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Continue Tournament From Last Round 38 ....45.78%
Wait Until October 2nd To Take Any Action 29 ....34.94%

so the 'close the original, start all over' is the winner. i'll close and unstick the poll thread

if you guys need any help with restarting the tournament (from a gateworld, tehnical pov) just let me know

walterIsTheMan
September 20th, 2005, 08:12 AM
ok, here's the results

Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Start Tournament From The Beginning 8 ....9.64%
Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Continue Tournament From Last Round 38 ....45.78%

so the 'close the original, start all over' is the winner. i'll close and unstick the poll thread

if you guys need any help with restarting the tournament (from a gateworld, tehnical pov) just let me know

dont you mean 'close original, carry on from where it was left off' is the winner?

Seshat
September 20th, 2005, 08:14 AM
dont you mean 'close original, carry on from where it was left off' is the winner?
(Seshat starts to palpitate) :S
Gosh, I HOPE so!

Skydiver
September 20th, 2005, 10:52 AM

oops. :o
yep, you're right. that's what i get for typing in a hurry

the dancer of spaz
September 20th, 2005, 02:06 PM
ok, here's the results

Thanks so much for doing this Sky! :D

SG1Poz
September 20th, 2005, 04:12 PM
So.ooooo.......???????????????

Celcius will be taking over with Hippie in tow?

Might we be hearing something soon about an approximate date for the new thread/ stalled tournament to begin???

Poz

walterIsTheMan
September 20th, 2005, 05:21 PM
i could do it, but only if someone wants me to. i dont want to steal it if someone else wanted to do it. but if no one else has the time or anything id be willing to do it, just lemme know :)

SimilarCadence
September 21st, 2005, 12:14 PM
Well, until we're back on schedule, I say it's time for a BUMP!

da_hippie
September 21st, 2005, 12:46 PM
Just to keep y'all up to date, I've emailed Celsius to decide who's going to take over. When I get a reply, I'll let you guys know what's happening.

the dancer of spaz
September 22nd, 2005, 12:23 AM
Just to keep y'all up to date, I've emailed Celsius to decide who's going to take over. When I get a reply, I'll let you guys know what's happening.

Sounds fantastic! :D

walterIsTheMan
September 22nd, 2005, 05:20 PM
BUMP :p

da_hippie
September 23rd, 2005, 11:00 AM
Celsius leads a rather busy life, so he's happy for me to take over the tourney. Walteristheman has also kindly offered to help out. I've sent him a message asking if he would like to be my back-up in case my internet goes down or something, he can take over from me.

We might be able to get going again as soon as this weekend!

Metarock Sam
September 23rd, 2005, 11:19 AM
I think I said it before but the best ep has got to be WoO.

the dancer of spaz
September 23rd, 2005, 12:30 PM
Celsius leads a rather busy life, so he's happy for me to take over the tourney. Walteristheman has also kindly offered to help out. I've sent him a message asking if he would like to be my back-up in case my internet goes down or something, he can take over from me.

Sounds like a plan! Thanks so much for doing this! :D

warmbeachbrat
September 23rd, 2005, 12:31 PM

Happy, Happy! Joy, Joy! *doing the Ren and Stimpy dance*

Thanks and God Bless!

undomesticated_equine
September 23rd, 2005, 08:08 PM

Sounds great! :) Thanks da_hippie.

Can't wait to get back into it.

da_hippie
September 24th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Here we go: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17943

For the first round I'll probably give it a couple of days before counting up the votes just so that everyone has a chance to find it.

Now get voting!

Katerine
October 17th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Hi guys.

I just wanted to explain, apologize, and thank da hippie for taking the initiative and taking over. Thank you! :) You make me feel much better that the tournament was able to continue without me :)

And here's the explanation and apology:
Well, to be perfectly honest, what happened was this: I got burned out. Really burned out. I was spending an average of 3-4 hours a day on the tournament, mostly on trying to keep the discussions going, and I was starting to get way too angry at people who were apparently not reading my posts. (By "way too angry," I mean I was taking things far too personally). I realized that if I didn't take a total break for a little while, I was going to start snapping heads off - and the heads would probably have been of people who really didn't deserve it.

So I took a break.

And then, as usually happens when I take a total break from something, I became obsessed with something else. :rolleyes:

And then, I felt guilty for staying away so long without explanation. And, like I always do whenever I feel guilty, I hid, and procrastinated in showing my face again. (Yes, I am aware that this is one of my worst vices.)

That's it. That's what happened. No excuses, I know. I'm really, really sorry.

Again, I'm very happy to see that the tournament has continued without me; it makes me feel better that people were still able to continue. And many, many thanks again to da_hippie for taking the initiative and doing the time. :) It's your baby now, unless you would like me to take another turn.

Easter Lily
October 17th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Hi Katerine...
I'm glad you're okay... and that you're back...

Capt. Voronokova
October 17th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Hi Katerine!

Glad you're okay. We've been worried something happened. I can certainly understand the burnout. It was quite a committment. (And if you're reading da hippie, THANKS AGAIN FOR VOLUNTEERING!!!!)

Hope you'll feel like sticking around and voting. (And if it was anything I said, I'm sorry...I probably don't remember by now, but I'm sorry anyway).. :p

Capt. Voronokova

aizjanika
October 18th, 2005, 12:43 AM
And then, I felt guilty for staying away so long without explanation. And, like I always do whenever I feel guilty, I hid, and procrastinated in showing my face again. (Yes, I am aware that this is one of my worst vices.)

That's it. That's what happened. No excuses, I know. I'm really, really sorry.

Again, I'm very happy to see that the tournament has continued without me; it makes me feel better that people were still able to continue. And many, many thanks again to da_hippie for taking the initiative and doing the time. It's your baby now, unless you would like me to take another turn.

Wow...that really was quite a time commitment. I loved all the stats and things, but I can understand how you'd get so burned out.

I'm so glad you came back to explain. {{{{hugs}}}} I think a lot of us were worried that something happened to you, so I'm only glad to hear that everything's okay.

I'm also glad you don't mind that we continued without you. It was weird to think of continuing without you, but it also seemed sad not to continue, and da_hippie has done a great job.

I love the discussions in the tournament, but I'm sure some people just come and vote and don't read the discussions at all. I also hope it wasn't anything I said. I'm sorry, too, that it got to be too much for you.

I also hope you'll stick around again and vote. I enjoyed reading your well thought out opinions and ideas, but no pressure! :-) Just voting is good, too.

warmbeachbrat
October 18th, 2005, 07:05 AM

Katerine!! I'm so glad you're okay! You've been in my prayers.

Oh, I can SO relate. I thought I was the only one who heaped procrastination on top of guilt and avoidance. I think I must have procrastination down to an art form. *sigh* It's a gift (or do I mean a curse?).

We've missed you so--I hope you rejoin the fun (and I hope it IS fun). I really enjoyed your insights and comments into the various episodes.

God Bless!!

SimilarCadence
October 18th, 2005, 08:34 AM

Maybe we should start a club for people like us.....:p

I'm just really glad you're okay, Katerine. It's good to *see* you again! Welcome back---you were missed!

starathena74
October 18th, 2005, 10:25 AM
ok im lost can some one come help me find my way what round r we on

da_hippie
October 18th, 2005, 10:50 AM
ok im lost can some one come help me find my way what round r we on
This is the original thread, the tournaments in the other one.

WELCOME BACK KATERINE! Good to see you again. You'd put so much work into the tournament, I couldn't bear to let it go to waste. As for continuing it, I'm happy to do so unless you want it back. I have no problem handing it back to you if you ask of it as it is your baby. But otherwise, please vote!

CeeKay Sheppard
October 18th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Hey, Katerine, welcome back! We missed you!

Anubis69
October 18th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Yeah, welcome back! I hope to see you posting around these parts again!

starathena74
October 18th, 2005, 12:36 PM
This is the original thread, the tournaments in the other one.

WELCOME BACK KATERINE! Good to see you again. You'd put so much work into the tournament, I couldn't bear to let it go to waste. As for continuing it, I'm happy to do so unless you want it back. I have no problem handing it back to you if you ask of it as it is your baby. But otherwise, please vote!
welcome back i hope i get to know u :)

Seshat
October 18th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Welcome Back (((((Katerine)))))!! We missed you and are all glad you are okay! Thanks for being so understanding about our wanting to keep playing...you really started something with your wonderful poll and we just felt lost without it! :)

Celsius
October 18th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Welcome back Katerine! Glad you are ok! :)!

-Major Woody
October 18th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Welcome back, Katerine! I was worried because I heard about some bad weather in your area around the time you stopped posting. Glad you're OK.

CatGoddess
October 18th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Hi Katerine, glad you're safe. It's good to see you back. :)

L-JADE
October 18th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Hi Katerine, glad you're OK, hope you'll continue in the tournament, if hosting is taking too much time, perhaps joining the vote would be fun for you.

undomesticated_equine
October 19th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Hey Katerine,

It's good to see you're okay. Hope you feel up to joinin' in the fun, we miss your comments.

See ya 'round

Lucreleia
October 20th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Hey Katherine!!!

I'm happy to know that you are OK! :)

I can absolutelly understand that something like this thread, that takes so many of your time, can really burn you out!

And I can also identify with you, and sign in at the "Procrastinators Anonymous" Club! :p When are the meetings? Because I think I can benefit from the experience of people like you that managed to get around it and say 'I'm sorry and I'm back'... :)

Also, thanks for teaching me a new English word! :D :D :D I have to confess that I had to look it up in the dictionary... great word by the way! :p

Atlantis1
October 21st, 2005, 01:39 AM
Glad to see you back, Katerine! No need to apologise. I'm sure many of us have had our times of burnout. :)

Spiderqueen
October 22nd, 2005, 10:37 PM
Katherine! It's so good to see that you're safe and sound! You left right around the time Katrina struck, and a few of us were worried you were caught in its path. Thank goodness you live in Wisconsion! I'm just so happy to know you're back with us. I hope you were able to calm down, and I hope you continue to stick around with us for a while more! *hugs and pats* I'm so glad you're back!!!:D

.:Lemon:.
October 23rd, 2005, 02:46 PM
Hey, glad to hear you're ok :)