This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Beta Readers!

I am a writer by trade, and I want to see how good I am. I need a couple Beta Readers to read this story of mine. If you like it, I'll finish it:

Prologue (The events in the prologue take place after the episode “Threads”): The year is 2007. The earth currently has an alliance with a very advanced race of beings known as the Gazans. They are about 12,000 years more advanced then even the Asgard. They are similar to humans in many ways, but are also closely related to iguanas, and most amphibians. In short, they are reptilian humans that look like humans.
    Also, the Asgard have decided that humans are very responsible, and have given us medical technology. Perhaps the only reason they did this is because of a new advanced gene cell that has been found in some humans, which might just be the key for the Asgard to be able to stop using cloning, as they’re only method of reproduction.
    The Atlantis team is now unreachable. Because of a bizarre amount of Black holes that have appeared in a galaxy in between the Pegasus and the Milky Way, gate travel, or even establishing a stable worm hole isn’t recommended due to SG-1’a experiences with black holes.

Our story begins now:

Chapter one: New Alliance

SG-1 stepped through the gate, and saw the desolate plains that they saw through the M.A.L.P before. The only reason they went to the planet is because they saw some ruins through the M.A.L.P.
    Daniel and Samantha walked to the ruins while Teal’c guarded the gate. Daniel walked up to a tablet, similar to the one he found on Abydos that revealed the existence of the lost city. It was in Ancient. “Sam, I found something!” Daniel said.
    “What is it?” Sam asked.
    “A tablet. It’s in Ancient.” Daniel said.
    “What’s it say?”
    “I’m not sure. It says something about their alliance with the Nox, the Furlings, and the Asgard. And something about the Gazans.”
    Samantha and Daniel ran to the gate. They dialed earth and went home. Teal’c followed of course. “Where’s Jack?” Daniel asked. “He’s at the Gazan home world, Gaelia.” Sam answered. “Ok. Get me when he comes back.” Daniel said. Samantha went to her lab to examine the new Asgard technology, and Teal’c went to his room to meditate.
    Samantha looked at the restoration chamber the Asgard sent them. It was similar to the Sarcophagus that the Goa’uld use. It can regenerate flesh, and cure most diseases. It could change the world forever, Samantha thought. She also thought about the Asgard’s predicament. Not being able to sexually reproduce. It must be terrible, knowing that in a single massive battle your entire race could die. The Asgard were that few in numbers nowadays. The Asgard just get weaker, as the Goa’uld just get stronger.
    The new Goa’uld system lord Geb used his massive fleet to kill Ba’al, and unite the Goa’uld, and disperse new and improve Kull Warriors. The Alliance was weak, but sturdy nonetheless. The Tok’ra were in a terrible position knowing that the Goa’uld’s feudal nature with one another was no longer a weapon.
    Sam heard the gate alarm, and ran to the embarkation room. Jack was back. “How did the negotiations go?” Sam asked. “Fine. We give them a list of inhabitable, uninhabited planets, and we get one of their huge honkin’ transporters. 15 miles in diameter!” Jack said. “Don’t you find it strange that the Gazans are giving us such advanced technology?” Sam asked. “There aren’t any weapons on the ship.” Jack said. “Still…”
    Daniel came running through the door. “Uhh… we need to talk!” He said. “Did you translate the tablet?” Sam asked. “What tablet?” Jack asked. “We found a tablet on JK6-212, a lot like the one on Abydos…” Sam said. “Yeah, I translated it! Can we talk alone?” Daniel asked. It looked like he was spooked about what he read on the tablet. “Sure.” Jack said.
    They went to the de-briefing room. “Ok. Where to start, where to start… Ok! The alliance between the Asgard, Ancients, Nox, and Furlings, the Alliance of the four great races, originally had five. The fifth race was a race known as the Centulians. The reason they left the alliance was because they ascended, and inspired the Ancient’s research in ascension.” Daniel said.
    “The tablet is basically a record of the other races in the great alliance that were either wiped out, or banned. The race that was meant to replace the Centulians was the Kaisers. They were bizarre genetically. They had technology like the ribbon devices that seemed to give them powers. They were banned because they were wiping humans out to gain some more territory, which was a direct violation of one of the alliances laws that stated that a planet cannot be taken over if there is an intelligent species already on it.”
    “Then there were the voracious ones, who were… voracious (Hungry). They began to have a food crisis, and began taking over any planet they could to eat humans. They were made extinct by the alliance. Then the Ancients ascended, the Furlings became extinct, the Nox became pacifists, and the Asgard had to reproduce using cloning.” Daniel said.
    “Wow. That’s big!” Sam said. “That’s not all. There’s a gate address to a Centulian outpost that is in a galaxy that overlaps with our galaxy in a few days. We won’t need any extra power to go there.” Daniel said.
    Later that week, SG-1 geared up, and ‘gated’ to the Centulian outpost, hoping to find more ruins, or some advanced technology, or perhaps even a group of Centulians who didn’t ascend.
    They arrived on the planet. They were in a dark room. They saw that the place wasn’t in ruins. It looked like it was recently used. Then, a door opened. A tall man walked in, about seven feet tall. “Uhh… Hi.” Daniel said. The man closed his eyes. “Ahh!” Daniel said, placing his hand on his head. “Sorry if I brought you pain.” the man said.
    “I merely wished to see what you know.” “Telepathy!” Samantha said. “Yes. I see you came through the Ancient’s ring. Useful though it is, it’s rather primitive.” The man said. “Are you a Centulian?” Daniel asked. “Yes! I am. Greetings to earth and its people. Forgive me. Where are my manners? My name is Celex.” The man said.
    “You’re telepathic?” Sam asked. “Yes, that is the term for your people for the 7th sense.” Celex said. “7th?” Sam asked. “Yes. By your terminology, our 6th sense is instinct, our 7th is telepathy, our 8th is telekinesis, and our 9th is Pyrokinesis.” Celex said. “PYROKINESIS?” Sam yelled in excitement. “What is that?” Teal’c asked. “Wow. He speaks!” Celex said, smiling. “When it is appropriate.” Teal’c said. “Hm! Pyrokinesis is the ability to light fires with your mind. It is rare to us, for one of our own to have such an ability. Only about 1 out of every 122 people have the gift of fire, and I’m proud to say that I’m lucky enough to have the gift!” Celex said.
    “Whoa!” Sam said. “You must be so genetically advanced!” “I suppose to your standards. It is getting a little stuffy in here. The gate has not been used for a couple millennia, and this place is just for the children to play in. Shall we walk outside?” Celex said. He opened the door again. This time, it was for long enough for SG-1 to see what was out side. It was a city.
    The Centulians didn’t seem to just be alive, but seemed to be thriving. They walked outside, and the first thing SG-1 noticed was the air. It was so clear. It smelled like pine. “Hello, Celex.” A female Centulian said, walking up to Celex. “You speak English?” Daniel asked. “Yes. Now I do.” the female said.
    “We use our telepathy and a system of micro-machines in our brains to instantly transfer knowledge.” Celex said. “Nanites.” Teal’c said. “Yes, and I know what you’re thinking. Whether it is our advanced technology, or our regenerative ability, I don’t know, but when we take ‘nanites’ out of one of our own to process data, our brains do not reject new nanites. They are added back as additional synapses.” Celex said. “Oh, forgive me! I have once again forgotten my manners! This is Selene, my mate.” Celex said, referring to the female. “Greetings!” Selene said.
    “Your society seems so advanced!” Samantha said. “Thanks you!” Selene said. “Now, Celex, about the election. Our unit is voting for Malienea as our queen for this century, but we do need your approval.” Selene said. “Yes. I believe Malienea would be a great Queen!” Celex said. It looked like he was going to say something else, but he paused.
    “What is your relationship with the Gazans?” Celex asked. “We’re their allies. We’re negotiating a trade with them.” Sam said. “What are they offering you?” Celex asked. “A huge transporter ship.” Daniel said. “No. You must cease any relations with them! They will swarm and conquer you, after they get everything they want from you.” Celex said.
    “Oh my god! Jack was supposed to go to Gaelia today!” Daniel said. Go home now. We will save your friends, and hopefully your world. The DHD to the gate has just been transported to the room!” Celex said. Instantly, he was beamed away. SG-1 went back to earth. They then requested to go to Gaelia.
    When they arrived, several Earthlings were dead. Even more disturbing, it was the Gazans that not only killed the humans, but were now feeding on them. Celex was right. The Gazans had tricked the Humans. Jack came running. He was being chased by three Gazans, who were flying. The Gazans had wings!
    Instantly, Celex appeared teleported from a ship that was now orbiting Gaelia. The Gazans were about to kill O’Neill, but they fell to the ground. It looked like they were suffocating. It was Celex. He was using his telekinesis on the Gazans’ windpipe.
    SG-1 and Jack dialed back to earth, and all relations with the Gazans ceased. Jack asked the Centulians for advanced technology, and surprisingly, they agreed.
    SG teams 1-3, and General O’Neill went back to The Centulian planet. “Welcome!” Celex said as the teams arrived. There were two other Centulians with him. “We will be negotiating on a different planet. Our home world. Is that ok?” Celex asked. “Yeah. How many planets do you have in your territory?” Samantha asked. “Eh… a couple hundred thousand.” One of the other Centulians said. “What? We thought your species ascended!” Samantha said. The Centulians paused. “Yes… well… WE were responsible about it. Half ascended, the rest stayed behind to guard our civilization from the evils of the universe, unlike the Ancients who foolishly left their stuff behind for anyone to get!” One of the Centulians said.
    They all stepped on a platform, and instantly were teleported away. Far away, to the Andromeda Galaxy. They arrived on an identical platform, on a not so identical planet. The city’s buildings were gigantic, about 2000 feet tall. There were beams all over the place, likely transportation beams.
    “Welcome to Sentrial, the home world of the Centulians for over 200,000 years, and counting!” One of the Centulians said. “Pardon me once again. I do not know what my problem is today. I forgot to introduce you to my advisors.” Celex said. “Advisors? Are you a diplomat to your people?” Daniel asked. “I suppose. I am Arin’s advisor. Arin is the current King of our people. Chances are that Malienea will be elected to be our new queen for the next century, and if she wishes for me to be her advisor, than so be it.” Celex said.
    “Now my companions. To my left, is Arigold, and to my right is Trillex.” Celex said. “Now, about the technology. We OBVIOUSLY aren’t going to give you our level of technology, and watch you kill yourselves in a day or so, but we do have records of our past technological levels.” Trillex said. “What may I ask, do you want in return?” Jack asked.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

“Nothing.” Arigold said. “Now, you can’t expect us to trust you for that.” Jack said. “I know, but we sympathize with your people. Honestly, we see you as our children. You are a lesser evolved version of our own species. Our species, not the Ancients.” Celex said. “Ancients. Bah! Ancient fools maybe!” Trillex yelled.
    “Why do you hate the Ancients so much?” Daniel asked. “Because, of their foolishness! They left behind Atlantus! They left behind countless Zed PM Modules! They even left behind the great weapon on Dakara, their knowledge repositories, and the Wraith! And for what? For lesser societies to stumble upon them and wipe themselves out? We were responsible enough to protect or remnants.” Arigold said.
    “Please, understand. The Ancients almost killed us! If it weren’t for your quickness and resourcefulness, we ourselves would be nothing but ashes!” Celex said. “What?” SG-1 said. “Not too long ago, bizarre robotic insects attacked us. If it were not for you dialing our gate, and using the Ancients’ weapon, we would be dead. The outpost of Man Wandu, which in our language means Milky Way, was attacked. We were lucky enough to be in your galaxy at the time!” Trillex said.
    “That is why we want to give you technology. To repay you, for saving Quintillions of Centulian lives (A Quintillion is like 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000).” Celex said. “What you need is a fleet. We will give you advanced mass production tech. You will be able to produce dozens of Daedalus class vessels each of your planet’s years. Also, about 53,000 BC-302s annually.” Arigold said. “Wow. That’s very generous.” Daniel said.
    “So was destroying the Ancient weapon, the knowledge repositories, occupying Atlantus, and protecting it, not to mention destroying the Wraith.” The Centulians said. “We didn’t destroy the Wraith.” Jack said. “Of course you did! Your Atlantus team found a poison for the Wraith. When the Wraith launched their massive fleet of over 300 ships, your team used the poison to wipe them out and free the Pegasus galaxy of the ancient evil.” Arigold said.
    “We haven’t had contact with Atlantis for about two years.” Samantha said. “Oh yes! The Gazan black hole experiment. They wanted to harness the power of the black hole. Hm! They ended up cutting their numbers in half! We shall re-stabilize the stars and allow you to be reunited with you team.” Trillex said.
    “Thanks!” Sam said. The team was surprised at the Centulians’s generosity. When they went back to earth, they brought with them, new production technology.
    “We got a new ally!” Jack said. Many soldiers were in the embarkation room. “That’s good sir, but we have a problem.” Walter (The Gate Dialing Guy) said. “The Gazan fleet has arrived. They have announced to the world that we are all going to die within 48 hours.”

Chapter Two: The Gazan Gambit

P.S. I had to post twice because of the 12,000 character rule.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Isn't anyone going to post their opinions?

-LGBT-

Comment

Can someone please post their opinions on my story? Tell me if I should touch it up?

-LGBT-

Comment

Every piece of fanfiction is a gift, something done for no profit except the pleasure of the reader, and for that deserves our appreciation. I know how frustrating it is to write and not get feedback, so I didn't want your post to go unanswered.

Overall, I think the story line is interesting, and the plot is moving forward nicely. It may benefit from being better grounded in a single POV (point of view), however. That's a great technique for making the story come alive--it helps the reader really feel the situation, to be immersed in all the scents and sounds and tension.

Have you considered a writing workshop? There are many excellent live workshops, as well as web-based ones such as Critters or the Online Writing Workshop (sff.onlinewritingworkshop.com). These are set up for writers to critique each others' work, receive good, knowledgeable feedback, and to improve their writing. It's best to develop a thick skin however--nobody is going to be deliberately mean, but it can be difficult when you first realise how far you have to go.

For Stargate fanfiction in particular, you may consider posting at Heliopolis, or one of the many other wonderful databases. These sites encourage readers to give feedback, unlike this section of the forum, which is not commonly used for posting full stories.

Good luck, and please, please keep writing. Anything on paper beats something just locked up in your head!

seal

Comment

Working...
          X