X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First post - Jello related

Hi everyone.

Since this is my first post, I thought I would start by asking some fun trivia questions.

In how many episodes has jello been featured in the commissary of the SGC?

Within those eps, how many times has BLUE jello been featured or consumed. (I recall Carter eating blue jello in "Urgo")

Am I correct in my assessment that Carter is the usual jello consumer of the group?

I don't think that I have ever seen Teal'c eat jello.

I have wondered if jello prevents barfing when travelling through wormholes.

Do all military commissaries offer jello?

How does one make the jello into those perfect little squares that are in the parfait glasses?

Plus, if you were to have a Stargate SG1 dinner party, what would you serve other than, of course, jello?

BTW! I am very happy to find this site, since I love the show!! I have learned so much about the show by lurking on this forum and reading the threads. I am finally joining up. -Ruby
    "Hey Big Boy! Is that your prim'tah or are you happy to see me?"

Rubi, welcome to the site, I'm somewhat new here myself.

I don't think Teal'c likes jello, I recall O'Neill eating Teal'c's jello when he was in the infirmary. Samantha is not the only Jello fan.
    -GuyFromOH
    I'm a guy, from Ohio.
    ------------------------------------
    Teal'c: "Chelnak!"
    Daniel: "Direct translation: Very
    cool!"

Comment

I dont know about the other questions but somehow, i seem to remember that Teal'c has eaten Jello (or if you're in australia, Jelly. And know that what you americans call jelly, we call Jam.)

I cant remember what colour however that jelly happened to be.

as for how to make it? I believe that there is extra Geletin added in the beginning.. or, if you're making it from the powdered jelly crystals, i think you add less water. which ultimately makes it less slippery and allows it to hold its shape, thus allowing you to cut it into those little squares.

ohh and i think it's allowed to set in rectangular tray.

Comment

Hey Ruby! Welcome!

Blue Jello was first see in Urgo...
        She picks up some Blue Jello in 48 hours when she's eating with McKay.

There was Blue Jello in Proving Ground at which time Jack was eating Red Jello with a fork.

They shot through the Jello/pudding cart in Sight Unseen. (But I don't think there was any blue Jello)
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Originally posted by Rubideaux
          Do all military commissaries offer jello?
          Jello is very easy to make, so I'd say yes. My school had it all year.

Plus, if you were to have a Stargate SG1 dinner party, what would you serve other than, of course, jello?
          CAKE! and donuts.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Pity that we don't get blue jello in Germany...all the fancy food colouring has been gone for about ten years. Something to do with regulations concerning artificial colouring...

So what does blue jello taste like? blueberry?

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
            Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
            ~CELLO!~
            ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

They make it into those perfect squares by using ice cube trays for molds. Oh wait, that's jello shots, hrm. That could explain why the jello is so popular...
              Fitness Buddies

Comment

Jello is cheap and easy to make and it is a staple of cafeterias everywhere, be it military, school or hospital.

Blue jello has an odd "refreshing" sort of taste which is called wildberry, I think. What specific berries are supposed to be in it, I don't know, but raspberries probably play a part somewhere.

Jafana, are you sure about Teal'c eating jello? I figured he didn't like it for some reason (maybe he's afraid of it like the aliens in Third Rock *g*).

Comment

That's a bummer. It all depends. I can't really tell.
                  Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.

Comment

Here in the UK,usually blue colouring/flavouring is classified as "Blue Raspberry".
                    Haven't been able to get any actual "Blue Jello" to test,yet,though.Pity!
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                      Here in the UK,usually blue colouring/flavouring is classified as "Blue Raspberry".
                      Haven't been able to get any actual "Blue Jello" to test,yet,though.Pity!
                      It's called "Berry Blue" over here

-GuyFromOH
                      I'm a guy, from Ohio.
                      ------------------------------------
                      Teal'c: "Chelnak!"
                      Daniel: "Direct translation: Very
                      cool!"

Comment

Drat! You Americans are so lucky!

I'm wildly off-topic,so I just want to say that BCM was right about the Eps that featured the Blue variety,but I've spotted other colours being eaten in a few other Eps.(Bad memory of which scenes though!)
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Doesn't Luke make Jello?!?

Comment

Also in TLC part 2 in the commissary scene the scene starts shooting through a cart with red jello. and in front of Jack there is a cup with just a little bit of red jello at the bottom.

And in Heroes part 2 there is Blue Red and Yello Jello in the background behind the characters. (out of focus)
                            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                              Also in TLC part 2 in the commissary scene the scene starts shooting through a cart with red jello. and in front of Jack there is a cup with just a little bit of red jello at the bottom.

And in Heroes part 2 there is Blue Red and Yello Jello in the background behind the characters. (out of focus)
                              I saw the red jello but are you sure about the yellow? Yellow kinda an odd color.

Comment

Working...
                              X