This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle jumper shields?

In the defiant one we saw the wraith activated shield on the pj. Do you think this will be investigated in Season two. Do you think the wraith darts have shields?

i think this has been asked before but what the hey

The shield was a Wraith design which he probable took to the jumper with him and not a jumper thing

Comment

no MG told me in an answer to this that the PJ has many different features its just knowing how to activate them. perhaps there wraith has a sort of PJ addon or CD that allowed for the shield to be raised, maybe he had to divert power form the cloak of engines. i think the PJ do have shield we just need to make them work.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

analysis from the deviant one:
        "The Puddle Jumper's energy shield may be equipped when the ship is on the ground, and activated by remote."
        proof it has a shield.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

Just when it's on the ground? What's the point of even having them in the air (or space) if they can't activate shields while in flight? (Unless, of course, you're a really good pilot)

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

It seems as though you would be able to activate the shields while in flight. We know that a mental component is required to operate some ancient technology, and we know that the Puddle Jumper has a shield, and we know that the Puddle Jumper does use a mental component for some functions it is very possible that they just have to think about the shields to make them activate.

However it seemed to me that they had already used the shields and discovered thier function, the Wraith used a remote that he took from one of the people, I can't remember his name, well how many buttons could that thing have? I am sure they would have tried them all.

Owen Macri

Comment

He had plenty of time to figure it out...

Have we ever seen Sheppard or anyone use the shields while in flight before?

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

I am not sure, but seeing as how the wraith activated them with the remote control, it seems incredibly likley that they would be able to do this as well.

Owen Macri

Comment

maybe the shield is for ground use to defend people loading the PJ up agianst wraiths, adn then the cloak it activated in the air to simply hide, maybe they can be reversed and its just a matter of time.
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by MartinGero
                    The shield in the Defiant One was a Wraith shield he put around the jumper. Jumpers don’t have shields.
                    Straight from the "Ask Martin" thread. Jumpers do not have shields.
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                      Jumpers do not have shields.
                      At least not yet.

Comment

Ya, that is pretty stupid, the ancients would never build a ship without some main form of defense.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                          Ya, that is pretty stupid, the ancients would never build a ship without some main form of defense.
                          I'd call the Ancient drones "some main form of defense."

Comment

No the drones would be the offensive defense, I was talking about a defensive defense, which would be a shield or hullplating, etc.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                              No the drones would be the offensive defense, I was talking about a defensive defense, which would be a shield or hullplating, etc.
                              Offensive defense is a defense...it has defense right in the name!

Comment

Working...
                              X