PDA

View Full Version : An Interview with "Luke"

David
June 11th, 2004, 02:19 PM
It's been brought to my attention that the commissary server, nicknamed "Luke" by some fans (seen in such shows as "48 Hours" opposite an irritating, citrus-allergic McKay), would be a very welcoming interview, as he seems to have picked up a small fan club.

I am not prepared to do an audio interview with "Luke," but might be persuaded to do a nice text interview if enough fans say "yes" to the idea.

Your vote matters in my decision. Please cast it accordingly. If you think it's a silly idea and we "should be focusing attention on more important features," then abruptly select "No."

Thanks!

ShadowMaat
June 11th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Have I mentioned how much I love you? ;)

GO LUKE!! :D

Nolamom
June 11th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Yeah Luke! One of the undersung heroes of the SGC.
Nmom

Darren
June 11th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Do I get two votes?

No! ;)

ShadowMaat
June 11th, 2004, 07:56 PM
You're no fun at all, Darren. :P

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 08:18 AM
I don't think Darren's lacking in humour,Shadow,but possibly just overworked! :D

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 08:33 AM
I am not prepared to do an audio interview with "Luke," but might be persuaded to do a nice text interview if enough fans say "yes" to the idea.
I voted "Yes",David,but I'll accept your decision with good grace, if you and Darren feel that an interview with Luke/Ken Phelan, isn't practical, or possible.Any decision is yours to make, as you're a very busy Guy! :D :cool:

I'm happy to settle for appreciating Luke in my own little way! ;)

David
June 12th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Anything I produce for GateWorld, be it the ever-expanding Omnipedia, audio/text interviews or compiling Letters to the Editor or whatever, must be put to the web by Darren. I.E. he has the final call. I will push him to do a text interview with "Luke," but only after a significant, and I do mean significant, portion of the Stargate Fandom responds positively. Allocating resources, especially our time, is paramount to GateWorld's ongoing success in bringing you top-notch Stargate material.

ShadowMaat
June 12th, 2004, 09:35 AM
I will push him to do a text interview with "Luke," but only after a significant, and I do mean significant, portion of the Stargate Fandom responds positively.
In other words, it's never gonna happen. *sigh* Luke's a great character (IMO) and he does have his own small cult, but it's a very small cult and we just aren't big enough to be heard. Yet. :P

Thanks for the effort, anyway. It was very sweet of you. Or very insane. Possibly both... :D

David
June 12th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Yes, probably both. But it's not like I'm going to tear down the poll next week. You have some time to build your army. I'll make my call probably in July.

Darren
June 12th, 2004, 10:23 AM
By all means, build your army! If there's a massive response of desire to see an interview with this random extra who got one line of dialogue, we'll pursue. ;)

Skydiver
June 12th, 2004, 10:38 AM
he's sorta like igor on mash....quiet dude that was always in the background.

ShadowMaat
June 12th, 2004, 10:47 AM
There's no need to be mean about it, Darren. Luke was only ever meant to be a fun, slightly skewed character. And yes, "Food Server" was only there to give McKay a reason to spout on about his citrus allergy, but it was enough for me, personally, to be amused by and interested in him and isn't that what fandom is all about? He served his purpose and I'm honoring that by fleshing out his character and imagining what he'd be like. I'm hardly the only one to do such a thing.

I like Luke. He makes me happy. And from the emails I've been receiving about Food Server Diaries (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/6/foodserver.html), he's making other people happy, too. I don't care whether he gets interviewed or not as long as people take him in the spirit in which he was intended and maybe laugh a little in the process.

So there. :P

Edited to say: Wow, I actually remember Igor... ;)

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Stay cool,Shadow! Let the voters and Darren /David decide! :D
Plenty of time to meditate,IMO!(And Muggins here to be "Morale Officer",or whatever! ;) )

Could Darren possibly be just "Winding You Up",friend? ;) I've never seen him as lacking in humour..... :D

*Off to be "Cheery" someplace else! ;)*

Winding someone up=pranky humour (British term,I think?)

ShadowMaat
June 12th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Could Darren possibly be just "Winding You Up",friend? ;) I've never seen him as lacking in humour.....
I think he's jealous of Luke. It's the obvious explanation. ;) And there's certainly a lot about Luke to give him reason to be jealous, too. :P

SGSlugger
June 12th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Boy, that interview would be a blast... :)
I'll quote Picard with: "(David/Darren) Make it so!" :D

SeaBee
June 13th, 2004, 05:15 PM
YO! Go Luke!

As long as the revelation that the character has a small but noisy fanbase, and a set of stories written about him, doesn't scare the poor soul off. ;) :D

ShadowMaat
June 13th, 2004, 05:25 PM
As long as the revelation that the character has a small but noisy fanbase, and a set of stories written about him, doesn't scare the poor soul off. ;) :D
Hehehe. Yep. I wonder if he even remembers the role. "I was on what? And I did what? And you're calling me because...?" Ending with the inevitable, "She's going to be in town WHEN?? You don't know anything about getting restraining orders, do you?" Muahaha. Poor [email protected] ;)

bcmilco
June 13th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Luke is an unsung hero of the SGC if he weren't around SGC personnel would go hungry :D

shinyredpants
June 13th, 2004, 06:16 PM
i like luke too!!!!

Skydiver
June 13th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Edited to say: Wow, I actually remember Igor... ;)

igor just published a MASH cookbook. he was on the today show a couple of weeks ago. and he still looks the same too

S0f4
June 16th, 2004, 09:52 PM
I dont know Luke, but I voted yes so i wouldn't be assasinated :)

ShadowMaat
June 17th, 2004, 03:29 AM
I dont know Luke, but I voted yes so i wouldn't be assasinated :)
Smart move. You can eat safely, now.

At least for a while.... ;)

sgeureka
June 18th, 2004, 03:08 AM
I had to think about that for a little while. It seems that this is the only forum that does know who Luke is, but why not spread his story throughout the whole fandom by an interview? :)

ShadowMaat
June 18th, 2004, 03:35 AM
I had to think about that for a little while. It seems that this is the only forum that does know who Luke is, but why not spread his story throughout the whole fandom by an interview? :)
I think there are a few people left on the SCIFI board who know who Luke is... assuming the trolls and other idiots haven't run them off. But yes, by all means, let's infect as many as we can with the tale of Luke... or at least find the truth about the man who wields the Ladle of Doom. :D

ShadowMaat
June 20th, 2004, 07:44 AM
33? Is that the best you guys can do? C'mon, this is LUKE we're talking about! The man responsible for Sam's black widow curse! And you people thought all those deaths were a coincidence. Ha! ;)

Bagpuss
June 20th, 2004, 07:51 AM
At least they're voting,Shadow ! :D
(Maybe they haven't read the full implications of Luke's "Skills"? ;) )

ShadowMaat
June 20th, 2004, 07:54 AM
True. And to be perfectly honest, 33 is more than I expected. I'm also kinda boggled by the 7 who voted against it. Do they honestly hate Luke, or do they just think it's stupid to have an interview with a guy who played a "nothing" character?

Bagpuss
June 20th, 2004, 07:56 AM
LOL !! Maybe they just want the "Biggies" interviewed ? ;)
(I don't think it's a stupid cause,though ! :D)

You never know folks....Ken may be a big star someday ! :) (Everyone had to start somewhere !)

ShadowMaat
June 20th, 2004, 08:02 AM
An interview with Luke/Ken Phelan does not mean an end to all other interviews. It isn't as if this is the ONLY idea David is exploring. It's one of many. Most of the people he's going after are a lot "bigger" than Luke (in name, if not importance), but he decided to see what the reaction would be for someone who isn't a huge name. Yet. :D

Bagpuss
June 20th, 2004, 08:04 AM
I know....and so far IMO,there's been a good response . :D

MartoufMarty
June 20th, 2004, 01:24 PM
i just have to say,

we're all crazy...

but in a good way

:P

Teal'c
June 21st, 2004, 01:53 PM
Well Darren, if you don't want to waste GateWorld's time with Luke, how about you give me the contact info and SGO can do an interview! :P

shelsfc
June 21st, 2004, 02:45 PM
I voted yes - it would be an interesting interview! I mean, does the guy know about the Luke frenzy? He could do cons!!
And also, the mention of MASH persuaded me I had to support Luke's fans....:o

stargate barbie
June 22nd, 2004, 06:53 PM
come on people, that lemon chicken line delivery was brilliant!
i do think it could be interesting to hear from someone whose worked on the set for about a day. to hear the thoughts of someone who has worked with one of the leads of SG-1, and with a guest star who ended up getting a leading role on the spin off would be good, even if he did only work with them for about half a day.
also, i think it would be interesting to hear about how someone who was (presumably) just an extra, ended up being lucky enough to get a speaking part. i'd be interested to know what he thinks about his sudden (and somewhat demented) following. plus, if he got some more publicity, we might get him back on the show :D
well, off i go, back to my little fantasy land.
la, la la!

Sela
June 22nd, 2004, 07:09 PM
Due Respect, but I'm sorry, I don't see it. I've watched the episode numerous times and I just don't get the attraction. Has he done other work in projects other than Stargate? I'm keeping an open mind, but I've got to have more to consider otherwise, it's 'no' for me.

ShadowMaat
June 22nd, 2004, 07:24 PM
Due Respect, but I'm sorry, I don't see it. I've watched the episode numerous times and I just don't get the attraction. Has he done other work in projects other than Stargate? I'm keeping an open mind, but I've got to have more to consider otherwise, it's 'no' for me.
He hasn't been in much else, although I did manage to pick him out of a scene in Hijack'd. I don't think the point has ever been that he's some huge, mega-brilliant star or character, but the camera lingered just long enough in 48 Hours to catch my attention. It made me wonder why it lingered and the (as I saw it) nasty look he shot at McKay made me grin. Since the show made me ask "why?" and since it obviously wasn't going to give me any answers, I decided to fill in the blanks, myself.

Haven't you ever done that? Seen some nothing little character and created a background for him/her? Or even passed someone on the street and made up a story to fit what you see? Maybe I just suffer from an over-abundance of imagination. ;)

Still, as Barbie said, even if you don't like Luke for Luke, it might be interesting to get an outsider's perspective on Stargate and see what it's like for a "regular guy" to be on the set. Is he a fan of the show, or was it just a chance thing? Did any of the actors talk to him, other than saying lines? Was it done in one take, or did it take a while to get the scene "just right"? How was he treated? How was the food? Was that really lemon chicken he was serving, or was it a stunt chicken? ;)

I don't think that every character on the show has to have this deep, meaningful reason for existence, but sometimes the guys in the background can be as much fun as the stars in the foreground.

Sela
June 22nd, 2004, 07:45 PM
Haven't you ever done that? Seen some nothing little character and created a background for him/her? Or even passed someone on the street and made up a story to fit what you see? Maybe I just suffer from an over-abundance of imagination. ;)

It's a good thing you can't see the smile on my face as a memory from long, long ago on a college campus on a crisp, brilliant fall afternoon comes to mind...but I digress ....

I don't think that every character on the show has to have this deep, meaningful reason for existence, but sometimes the guys in the background can be as much fun as the stars in the foreground.

Hmmmmm.......This was a very good presentation and it gives me a idea of where you all are coming from. Thank you. It gives me a bit to think about...and maybe watch the episode again from a different perspective.

I'll get back to you....

keshou
June 23rd, 2004, 06:16 AM
Still, as Barbie said, even if you don't like Luke for Luke, it might be interesting to get an outsider's perspective on Stargate and see what it's like for a "regular guy" to be on the set. Is he a fan of the show, or was it just a chance thing? Did any of the actors talk to him, other than saying lines? Was it done in one take, or did it take a while to get the scene "just right"? How was he treated? How was the food? Was that really lemon chicken he was serving, or was it a stunt chicken? ;)

If the actor has a lot of personality it could be a nice bit of a fluffy interview. He was only there for a bit role in ONE episode so he'd have to embellish the stories a lot. Otherwise you'd get stuff like:

How did you like working with AT? Oh, she's beautiful and so nice.

Did you spend a lot of time thinking about your portrayal of the character? Er...well.... he's a food server.

Was it real chicken or rubber chicken? Real

:D

What would be most interesting to me is if a short interview with the actor on Gateworld brought "Luke" to the attention of TPTB and he somehow became a regular "background" character on the show. Like Igor on MASH. That would be pretty amazing.

ShadowMaat
June 23rd, 2004, 06:57 AM
That'd be freakin' awesome. ;) Dunno how likely it is, but it'd be cool if it DID happen. And even if it didn't, it'd be fun to see if David and Ken could come up with enough stuff for a snazzy little interview. :)

Iskandra
June 28th, 2004, 06:44 AM
I also finally voted... ;)

I do not exactly feel the same kind of attraction some other people feel...but I like the idea in general...it's a bit like the "Figwit phenomenon" in "Lord of the Rings"...

buster44
June 28th, 2004, 06:26 PM
My first post here HAD to be for Luke!!!

Nice to see you using your powers for good instead of evil, Shadow! ;)

buster

David
June 28th, 2004, 06:35 PM
I do not exactly feel the same kind of attraction some other people feel...but I like the idea in general...it's a bit like the "Figwit phenomenon" in "Lord of the Rings"...

Agreed. We usually focus our power on popular leads or current guest stars when it comes to the interviews, but I think we could bare to do a little interview with someone not significant to the Stargate universe. Though his contact information is unavailable. I'll have to pull some strings and contact our liason at Stargate Productions to pull it off. But anything for Shadow :)

ShadowMaat
June 28th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Aww, Davey, you say the sweetest things! ;) The payoff's in the mail, honest. hehe

Iskandra- I'd never heard of Figwit, but after looking him up... he DOES look kinda familiar. Strange, that. And nice to know I'm not alone with the obsessing over blink-and-you-miss-it characters. ;)

Iskandra
June 29th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Iskandra- I'd never heard of Figwit, but after looking him up... he DOES look kinda familiar. Strange, that. And nice to know I'm not alone with the obsessing over blink-and-you-miss-it characters. ;)
Well, Figwit finally got his recognition because they included him in the third movie and he was even allowed to say a few lines ;)

At least Luke got a "nickname" that is not an embarrassing akronym....
:eek:

David
June 29th, 2004, 06:48 AM
For all we know his name could be Gerald -- Or Harriman :S...

ShadowMaat
June 29th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Oh gads, not another Harriman! ;)

It could be worse, I suppose. it could be Igor (pronounced "eye-gor", of course).

Then again, even Igor would be better than, say, David. :P

hehe, sorry, couldn't resist...

pettygrew
June 29th, 2004, 06:32 PM
he's sorta like igor on mash....quiet dude that was always in the background.

Isn't he Igor? Swore he was the same guy.

aAnubiSs
June 29th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Make Luke a regular on SG:A. No one can survive without food!

Nolamom
July 4th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Ah, but would he have to have the "special gene" to make the kitchen equipment work in Atlantis? I can see his backpack now (hehehe Shadow) filled with *essential* ingredients like lemons and his favorite saucepan.

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Hey, Sam Gamgee proved the use of a good saucepan in combat. ;)

Bagpuss
July 4th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Make Luke a regular on SG:A. No one can survive without food!
True ! As for McKay,he'd have a hard time trusting Luke's cookery.I wonder if Luke could be persuaded to bypass all recipes involving citrus...... ;)

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 07:00 AM
True ! As for McKay,he'd have a hard time trusting Luke's cookery
Why do you think he sticks to energy bars? ;)

Bagpuss
July 4th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Alas,poor Rodney ! ;)
(If he's got any sense,he'll keep checking the bar ingredients too .) :D

David
July 4th, 2004, 02:30 PM
I imagine that would be tough. If you don't like them, you'd be getting sick an awful lot. Maybe they didn't take too big a supply through to Atlantis.

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 03:22 PM
I imagine that would be tough. If you don't like them, you'd be getting sick an awful lot. Maybe they didn't take too big a supply through to Atlantis.
That's my guess. Too bad they didn't take Luke with them, he's an absolute wizard at using... er... unusual ingredients to come up with great dishes. Although McKay should probably count himself lucky. ;)

David
July 4th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Who says Luke didn't go to Atlantis ??

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Who says Luke didn't go to Atlantis ??
I guess there's no proof that he isn't there. ;)

Shipperahoy
July 4th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I'm gonna be hysterical if Luke shows up again on Stargate or Atlantis. Even more so if they actually name him Luke. I'd die laughing if they named him Englebert or something like that though. Looks like your up to 54 yes votes Shadow.

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Hey, it's all about Luke. He's Da Man. ;) If Luke ever shows up on the show again- named Luke or not- I'll probably have to crawl into a hole and hide. ;)

David
July 4th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Yeah, he could be "Chef Shadow" ...

David
July 4th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Ooh! Chef Matt Shadow!

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 03:57 PM
LOL! Oh, I'd never live that one down. ;) Immortalized. Yikes. hehe

David
July 4th, 2004, 03:59 PM
A couple forum members already are. It wouldn't be unprecedented.

Shipperahoy
July 4th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Really? Like who? I never know any of the little behind the scenes stuff that everyone else seems to know.

I have to say that it's kind of wierd whenever I hear my name on t.v. though. There was a Moriah (although it was probably spelled Mariah, people constantly ask me why I spell my name "wrong" and it drives me nuts. The way mine is spelled was in the bible for crying out loud) on an episode of SeaQuest and I would turn around and look everytime someone on the show said her name. It's probably because it's not too common of a name.

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Well, Darren has. And then there was that girl who won the contest and got a brain surgeon named after her. ;) Those are the two I know...

Shipperahoy
July 4th, 2004, 04:17 PM
This 3 day weekend means that my brain is on hiatus too. What character was named Darren?

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 04:18 PM
This 3 day weekend means that my brain is on hiatus too. What character was named Darren?
Awww, poor thing. It's an upcoming character. In Atlantis. Named Sumner? Gosh, I thought EVERYONE knew that... :P

David
July 4th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Colonel Marshall Sumner - in the series premiere of Atlantis.

Neith also had a character named after her - in Birthright. visit the Omnipedia under Characters/Neith.

Shipperahoy
July 4th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Well sorry....some of us don't have the same brain capacity that you do Shadow dear. Or the lack of need for sleep. :D

That's so classic that Neith had a character named after her. I do remember that. Joe must have remembered talking to her at the old forum.

David
July 4th, 2004, 04:23 PM
There are a couple others that have had names after them. Darren remembers better then I do.

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I always figured it was a coincidence. After all, Neith (http://www.pantheon.org/articles/n/neith.html) is a fairly well known Egyptian goddess. Or, at least, I've heard of her... ;)

Hey, maybe Maat really WILL show up at some point. And get brutally slaughtered in the first five minutes. ;)

If not Luke, Igor would be a nice "homage". :P

Shipperahoy
July 4th, 2004, 04:27 PM
I love these little 3-way conversations. :D When is your character premiering David? You would think you'd have some clout, what with conducting all of those interviews. You and Darren get all the perks. I still haven't even gotten the magic beans that I've been promised. I'm starting to think I've been hoodwinked. Maybe the rest of us mods should form a union and I could play Sally Fields. ;)

David
July 4th, 2004, 04:31 PM
If there's ever a character on Stargate with his/her last name spelled R-E-A-D, I will totally flip out, but I doubt it.

And with Lord Mot in the end of S6, I don't know about a Maat. Though I guess you pronounce it like Matt.

David
July 4th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Personally I think when Darren went to Vancouver he got a cameo, though he swares he didn't.

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 04:33 PM
I could write him into my story. :D Granted, it doesn't carry as much honor and prestige, but it's something I'm at least half-serious about marketing. Might even be a movie, if I play my cards right...

David
July 4th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Lol would you kill him off?

Shipperahoy
July 4th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Who would dare to kill Darren? Even in a fic? Darren the almighty Grand Poobah of all that is Gateworld? I want to be Darren when I grow up. Well, the female version anyway.

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Nope, but he probably wouldn't be a very nice guy. ;) I'm working on a subplot which might not work. If it does, I could work you in that way. In which case, you'd be a living god. Probably more your style. :P

Edit: I'm talking about David. Darren's already immortalized. Not gonna re-immortalize him. ;)

Nolamom
July 4th, 2004, 04:46 PM
You, hide? Never gonna happen. Not having insightful comments on all manner of things would be like the sun not rising.

Shipperahoy
July 4th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Edit: I'm talking about David. Darren's already immortalized. Not gonna re-immortalize him. ;)

Oh, well if it's just David....... :D

I wuuuv you David. :)

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Maybe I'll change my nick. Skippy McFrouFrou? Or Lady M. Don't wanna go through the gender confusion again. :P

Shipperahoy
July 4th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Maybe I'll change my nick. Skippy McFrouFrou? Or Lady M. Don't wanna go through the gender confusion again. :P

Or you could just change it to I'm a Girl....Honest.

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 04:55 PM
How about Lukette? ;) Nicely circular and almost brings us back on topic.

I'm so good. ;)

David
July 4th, 2004, 05:01 PM
I wasn't aware you could change your nickname without creating a new account and losing all of your goodies!

Teal'c
July 4th, 2004, 05:23 PM
I wasn't aware you could change your nickname without creating a new account and losing all of your goodies!
She can't change it, but YOU can! :P

And I'm going to keep deluding myself with the notion that Sgt. Connie Smith mentioned in Heroes was named after me (Come on, Connie is so almost Conor! :P)

ShadowMaat
July 5th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Luke's arm was in the Lowdown! Wooo! hehe. Sorry, haven't had food for a few hours... Makes me a little wonky...

David
July 6th, 2004, 05:43 AM
I noticed that too! lol

Should have guessed they would've forked in McKay's introductory scenes.

kiwigater
July 6th, 2004, 01:28 PM
How about Lukette? ;) Nicely circular and almost brings us back on topic.

I'm so good. ;)

oooooo, magnificent turnaround LOL :D
Love the proposed new nick too :D :p

Jeff O'Connor
July 6th, 2004, 04:09 PM
"Luke in Cafeteria 4 Eva"

I'm considering getting a tattoo for that. Anyway, frell yes! I think an interview with him would totally rock!

Nolamom
July 12th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Luke is gaining ground as a fan favorite. David's going to have to figure out how to contact him for a quicky interview if nothing else hehhe :D

ShadowMaat
July 12th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Luke is gaining ground as a fan favorite. David's going to have to figure out how to contact him for a quicky interview if nothing else hehhe :D
Dunno if Dave's really the quicky type. ;)

Then again, he WAS interested in zapping me...

Of course, anyone who's known me for more than five minutes has similar urges. Usually more violent. Guess I should count myself lucky that Dave's such a sweetie. :D

Or is that pushover?

Ace
July 13th, 2004, 05:19 PM
It's been brought to my attention that the commissary server, nicknamed "Luke" by some fans (seen in such shows as "48 Hours" opposite an irritating, citrus-allergic McKay), would be a very welcoming interview, as he seems to have picked up a small fan club.

Your vote matters in my decision. Please cast it accordingly. If you think it's a silly idea and we "should be focusing attention on more important features," then abruptly select "No."

Thanks!

I much rather see an interview with Corin Nemec or somebody a bit more involved in/with the show that Gateworld hasn't interviewed yet. So my vote was for "honestly not caring".

Ace

ShadowMaat
July 13th, 2004, 05:26 PM
No one's saying "Pick Luke over Corin". Hell, even I wouldn't choose that! ;) But Sometimes it's nice to mix things up a little, throw a few of the "smaller" people in with all the big name stars.

Plus, ya gotta find some way to fill in the time between stars and keep the audience's appetite whetted for more. Luke could do that job nicely... ;)

Ace
July 13th, 2004, 05:36 PM
No one's saying "Pick Luke over Corin". Hell, even I wouldn't choose that! ;) But Sometimes it's nice to mix things up a little, throw a few of the "smaller" people in with all the big name stars.

Plus, ya gotta find some way to fill in the time between stars and keep the audience's appetite whetted for more. Luke could do that job nicely... ;)

Oh.. I know your not saying pick Luke over Corin. :) I'm just saying that is something I would prefer. Which is why I chose "don't care" rather than "No". Because those that want the interview should get it. :)

But I personally don't understand why you would want an interview with the guy who serves food in the SGC. Was he in any other episodes besides 48 hours? However I'm sure you all have good reasons, so I voted to stay neutral.

That's just me...I've been told I'm crazy though. I am one of those few people that liked Season 7. Even crazier, Season 7 was probably my favorite.

Ace

ShadowMaat
July 13th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Well, thanks kindly for the neutral vote, at least.

Luke isn't easily explained or categorized. I've done what I can to explain my reasons for liking him here in this thread,and that's probably about as close as I'll ever come to a definitive answer.

Basically, though, it's "just because." ;)

Ace
July 13th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Well, thanks kindly for the neutral vote, at least.

Luke isn't easily explained or categorized. I've done what I can to explain my reasons for liking him here in this thread,and that's probably about as close as I'll ever come to a definitive answer.

Basically, though, it's "just because." ;)

LOL I can accept that! :D

Ace

Janus
July 23rd, 2004, 05:58 AM
I voted No, there are better things to do with (y)our time !

Teal'c
July 23rd, 2004, 09:15 AM
HERESY!!! :P

VixyOwl (~~Ani)
July 23rd, 2004, 09:35 AM
Well, if *THAT* is going to be the standard for decision-making, we are ALL in some very serious trouble, indeed!!! :D

Bagpuss
July 23rd, 2004, 09:48 AM
LOL ! I've nothing against No-votes or don't cares. At least it's honest and the Posters have their reasons too ! :D

The "Yes" votes are leading anyway,as I found out when I "Luked" at the tallies ! ;)

*And after posting rotten puns like that,I'd better just slink away..... :) )

David
July 23rd, 2004, 12:16 PM
Yes, that sure was a bad one - but you're forgiven ;)

Bagpuss
July 23rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
Why thank you,good Sir ! (You're a lot more forgiving than I deserved ,though ! ;) )

VirtualCLD
July 23rd, 2004, 12:28 PM
And another yes goes down for Luke. I think it would be very interesting to get an SG-1 perspective from "Luke." I know he was only in that one, short scene, but it was the best scene in the episode.

I must admit, however, Sgt. Siler is my favorite background character.

David
July 23rd, 2004, 12:39 PM
I got some great pics of Dan at Gatecon that you'll be seeing shortly, plus a few extras...

Nolamom
July 27th, 2004, 11:11 AM
plus a few extras??? such as? Dan Shea is great, but appetite is whetted for more!

David
July 27th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Well that's good. Just hang on.