what GateWorld looked like years ago-I'm Not kidding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what GateWorld looked like years ago-I'm Not kidding

I just read a section about "30 Things Your Didn't Know You Could Do On The Internet" in PC World, I just got in the mail.
    And there's this site that lets you see what your favorite Sites looked like years ago.
    However, you can only look back to 1996.
    Here's the link:
    find.pcworld.com/48094
    Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 05 July 2005, 07:27 PM.
    sigpic

That's pretty good fun actually...found a few other sites that I was interested to see the older versions of...

Gateworld looks very different now, I have to say...but in a good way!

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Glad they changed the colour scheme to blue.

Comment

hehe.. that site's cool! and yea, I like black as a color, but this site looks better in blue... maybe it makes it look more user-friendly or something.. i dunno..

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
        "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
        www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

Well, didn't the swan start off as an ugly duckling?

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
          - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

I remember when the site was like that, yonks ago.

Comment

When I type it in it only goes back to 2002.
              Liaison of F.O.R.D.
              Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                I just read a section about "30 Things Your Didn't Know You Could Do On The Internet" in PC World, I just got in the mail.
                And there's this site that lets you see what your favorite Sites looked like years ago.
                However, you can only look back to 1996.
                Here's the link:
                find.pcworld.com/48094
                What do I have to type in to find the old Gateworld?
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I haven't been to the site, but I know GW was called 'Starguide' originally, so if 'GateWorld' doesn't work try 'StarGuide'.

Madeleine

Comment

I typed in gateworld.net and it worked and displayed the old GateWorld pages. It takes me back to when I first visited here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                      I typed in gateworld.net and it worked and displayed the old GateWorld pages. It takes me back to when I first visited here.
                      Yes, thanks. That worked. I went back to the earliest page cited. Articles include Don S Davis reflecting on the longevity of Stargate SG-1 and, oh, look, news that AT had just won a LEO.
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                        I remember when the site was like that, yonks ago.
                        Guess you weren't a member then, right?

I found it very interesting to read some of the early articles, esp. the ones concerning Atlantis. Fun to look back and see if your ideas or opinions were correct.

Thanks for posting the link, Now.

Comment

Old news, guys...
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Hehehe. I used that to look back to my site back to 2002.

IT LOOKS SO BAD! LMAO!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I'm finding it really entertaining to look back on gateworld and see all the early speculation on Atlantis. I had no idea they were seriously considering having Martouf's symbiot as a regular character.
                              Last edited by GatetheWay; 06 August 2005, 07:38 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X