X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucy Lawless to appear in BSG

From TV Guide "Ask Aurelio":

Question: Got any intel on the next season of Battlestar Galactica? — John

Ausiello: Lucy Lawless is gonna do a few episodes playing a Christiane Amanpour-type character. And I hear Sci Fi censors are freaking out about a really disturbing (yet visually stunning) scene in Episode 5. An upcoming issue of TV Guide magazine will have more on that little controversy.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Who's Christiane Amanpour?

And a disturbing but visually stunning scene huh? Looks like BSG is going to continue to push the envelope.
    sigpic

Comment

Cristiane Amanpour is that Iranian born (very pretty) on the scene news reporter for CNN. She did alot of coverage on the first Gulf War.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

One wonders what the Scifi censors considers "disturbing". But yeah, sounds like Ron Moore is definitely pushing the envelope.

That should be interesting seeing Lucy Lawless on BSG. Sounds like a good part for her.

Christiane Amanpour is that reporter for CNN who covers the Middle East. She's always shown on location reporting from war zones etc. Very prominent during both Gulf Wars.

Here's a pic:

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

To Keshou and Fifth Race:

Thanks guys. Now I have some form of reference. So I take it that LL is going to be a reporter.
          sigpic

Comment

Sweet. Safe to assume she'll be hanging around the president and the Galactica.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
              Cristiane Amanpour is that Iranian born (very pretty) on the scene news reporter for CNN. She did alot of coverage on the first Gulf War.
              And is one of those reporters who isn't afraid of reporting news that "patriotic" Americans may not like... and has the stripes to get away with it.

Unlike, say, Ashley Banfield who got banished to Timbuktu as soon as she reported on just how bad the "collateral damage" casualties were.

In other words, somebody the propaganda ministers and fascists of the world will not only dislike, but alos will not be able to silence easily.
              Last edited by Darth Buddha; 08 June 2005, 09:52 AM.

Comment

My turn to act clueless. Who is Ashley Banfield?

Comment

This'll be interesting. Xena was well-acted but it was trash-fun, and I missed LL's X-files ep, so I've still never seen LL in anything serious.

When I hear the type of character she's going to play it makes me think there'll probably be some involvement not only with Roslin but also that convict-turned-politician fella.

Madeleine

Comment

mmmm

LL goodness
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Yahooo!!!!!
                      Beckett: How come I never make friends like that ?
                      McKay: You need to get out more.
                      Beckett: We're in another galaxy, how much out do you get ?
                      - Atlantis: "The Rising"

Comment

Working...
                      X