This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Spoilers for SG-1 Episode "Collateral Damage"

Read these earlier tonight and have been waiting for Gateworld to post something, but my impatience has gotten the better of me. I'm curious as to what others think.

SG-1 Solutions has posted plot details and guest characters for this episode.

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/

This seems like one of the better eps I've read about so far. Sounds preety decent. Lets just hope they do it right.
    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Mitchell suffers from 'Collateral Damage'

GateWorld has received the first plot details on "Collateral Damage," an upcoming episode of SG-1. SPOILERS

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...mcollate.shtml

Darren

Comment

It looks to be a Mitchell character development episode. It sounds interesting. But I thought those devices were Tokra not Goauld.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

It says their Goa'uld right?
          302's lead the way!

Comment

This episode sounds like a retooled version of the Teal'c murder story Joe Mallozzi mentioned in one of his In the Making write-ups. I guess nothing stays shelved forever. I like murder mysteries though, so it has the potential to be entertaining. It's all in the execution.

Comment

Well, the only memory devices that we've seen that I can think of were the ones they used in Out of Mind and Jolinar's Memories and they refered to them as Tokra memory devices.

Spoiler:

Comment

It sounds like a really good episode, for a one-off. Reminds me of movies like 'Dark City' and (to a lesser extent) 'Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind'...or whatever its called. And its an interesting way to explore Mitchell's background.

And for the record, the memory-recall devices are Goa'uld in origin but are used by the Tok'ra as well, like TERs. Think about it; if they were invented by the Tok'ra, where did the Goa'uld in 'Out of Mind' get them?

Comment

I do not think these are the same things as Tok'ra memory devices. These don't allow memories to be brought up. They implant new ones into the subjects mind. Quite different the two are right?
                  302's lead the way!

Comment

In the Omnipedia they call it the Tokra memory Device and describe it thus...
                    A device used by the Tok'ra to analyze the thoughts of individuals. This can be useful for recalling oppressed or forgotten memories, and for extracting strategic information from captured enemies. Two of the devices can also be used in tandem to allow two people to share the same thoughts and dreams, even interacting with one another on an unconscious level.
                    There isnothing in there about it originally being used by the Goauld. Maybe this is a new type of device we have never seen before or it sould be one of those things Anubis used to get info from prisoners.

Spoiler:

Comment

Reminds me of a ST:Voyager episode but I don't remember the name of it. I do remember that Lt. Paris was involved in it.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                        Reminds me of a ST:Voyager episode but I don't remember the name of it. I do remember that Lt. Paris was involved in it.
                        That Voyager ep (Ex Post Facto)didn't involve false memories to frame him rather he was implanted with the victims last memories that had been altered to show him as the killer. But there was an ep dealing with B'elanna (Random Thoughts)that involved a few murder's sparked off by her random aggresive thoughts being shared by telepaths who had no aggresive thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                          Episdoe is "Ex Post Facto" or something like that.

The plot of that episode, and this SG1, are so similar it makes your teeth ache. I suspect the writers were watching a repeat of Voyager and went "ah hah! nobody remembers Voyager, let's tweak this episode!" (insert sarcasm).

It could be well done, but heck, if you've seen the Voyager episode, you KNOW how it ends.

Comment

THe best ending for this type of episode would be that Mitchell really does murder for a justified reason though.

It'd be a pretty cool twist.

Nonetheless, the episode looks good.

Comment

LoL...everyone always is bashing SG writers about taking star trek ideas. If SG writers were to improve upon an idea or plot. More power to them!

Comment

Working...
                              X