Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dr Who Bad Wolf Thread (Speculation and Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dr Who Bad Wolf Thread (Speculation and Spoilers)

There are a whole ton of theories all over the internet at the moment about all the 'Bad Wolf' references appearing in Doctor Who. In 4days an episode called "Bad Wolf" will air, and it looks like it's the first part of a two-parter that will end the season. In pretty much every other episode so far there has been a reference to 'Bad Wolf'. So obviously, people are thinking something pretty significant is going to happen. Main references are in
    Ep 1 Rose- when the Nestene Conciousness aka big blog sees the Tardis it howls Bad Wolf.
    Ep 2 The end of the world- As Platform One looks like its gonna blow the moxx of balhoon says to the face of Boe being trapped on the exploding Platform One is "the classic Bad Wolf scenario..."
    Ep 3 In The Unquiet Dead- Gwyneth the parlour maid looks into Rose's mind and sees "The Big Bad Wolf"
    Ep 4 Aliens of London-A Boy of about 12 Grafitti's the Tardis With the words Bad Wolf . Also one of the news reporters is called mal loup which is French for Bad Wolf.
    Ep 5 World War III- The Boy cleans the Graffiti off the Tardis and the French reporter is back again also at the end the Doctor says to Mickey 'I'm the big bad wolf and its way past your bed time!'
    Ep 6 Dalek-Eccentric billionaire Henry van Statten's has the security call sign "Bad Wolf One"
    Ep 7 The Long Game-In the year 200,000 there's a TV channel called BadwolfTV
    Ep 8 Fathers Day-"Bad Wolf" is scrawled across a 1980s club poster
    Ep 9 The Empty Child- Reference to little red riding hood when the girl whos name I cant remeber is describing The Docot Saying 'Oh what big eyes you have...'
    Ep 10.The Doctor Dances-The missile about to land on the Chula spaceship has "Schlechter Wolf" written on it possible Translation Bad Wolf.
    Ep.11 Boom Town-The nuclear power station about to destroy Cardiff is called "Blaidd Drwg". Which is Welsh for Bad Wolf.
    Others are in the 3 Books.
    Theories include that the Tardis knows whats going to happen and is trying to warn the Doctor and co. about the threat and anywhere near it it subconciously puts into the minds of humans the words.
    for more theories check out http://www.plasticbag.org/archives/2...bad_wolf.shtml
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Yes indeed! I agree with that idea of the TARDIS warning the doctor, I think thats why the doc said the tardis was alive in the last ep. But I'm kinda worried that Bad Wolf might jsut be that game show...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Going by the spoilers It is a fair say that it isnt. If you know one of the major spoilers alreadey
      Spoiler:
      Sattelite 5 from Ep 7 has had cameras following the Doctors adventures since his visit and has made a gameshow based around it aswell as renaming the satellite the Gamestation. Therefore how could you explain the earlier references ?
      I could give a really big spoiler away but i don't think I should.

Comment

Exterminate! Exterminate!

Comment

Can we possibly make this marked as a spoiler thread as those in the US haven't seen Doctor Who yet and even the title could be construed spoilage. There's another Doctor Who thread on here which we've had to mark "with added spoiler goodness" because folks got a little upset.

*waves to fellow poster in Portsmouth*

Comment

Well it does have Spoiler in the title.
            *waves back to fellow poster in Portsmouth*

Comment

Thanks for posting this! I didn't catch all the Bad Wolf references... now I will just have to re-watch everything I like that idea of the TARDIS trying to warn the Doctor about something...

Can't wait for Saturday's ep. Did I mention that BitTorrent is my new best friend? (I'm in the US)
              I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

I think it's either Mickey, or the virus the Doctor gave Mickey at the end of episode 5. Mickey is very hurt and angry about Rose leaving him for the Doctor... and hurt and angry people do things that are angry and hurtful... I think he lashes out at the Doctor and Rose, using that virus. The Doctor said he didn't want anybody following him, and this virus was to help do that... but Mickey didn't use it to erase the Doctor... he could have used it as a blueprint to follwing the Doctor.

-IMF
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                  I think it's either Mickey, or the virus the Doctor gave Mickey at the end of episode 5. Mickey is very hurt and angry about Rose leaving him for the Doctor... and hurt and angry people do things that are angry and hurtful... I think he lashes out at the Doctor and Rose, using that virus. The Doctor said he didn't want anybody following him, and this virus was to help do that... but Mickey didn't use it to erase the Doctor... he could have used it as a blueprint to follwing the Doctor.

-IMF
                  Hmm the virus could very well be the Bad wolf- it would be ironic that something the Doctor created was the ultimate evil/manipulator or whatever! Though it could be Mickey- he was very hurt at the end of last Saturdays ep.

Comment

This whole Bad Wolf thing has been driving me nuts. I spent a couple of hours checking up on the latest theories at Outpost Gallifrey and now I've got a headache.... There are too many possibilities, though my personal favourite is that of The Doctor being the Bad Wolf. Roll on tomorrow, we might be a step closer to finding out, though I don't thing we'll get all the answers till the last episode next week.

Comment

Quite a few people have been suggesting on other Sites that Bad Wolf is the Master even though
                      Spoiler:
                      he was sucked into the eye of harmony in the Dr Who movie(1996)
                      . Something about him controlling the tardis or the doctor who knows . Heck in less then 24hrs the ep starts. Can't wait

Comment

Hi, this is my first ever post on Gateworld funny I chose a Dr Who thread as my first, something about being comfy with the Doc .

This Bad Wolf stuff, don't know but I am sure that the Doctor is not the lone, hehe, Timelord he is making out to be. I just refuse to believe that Gallifrey is gone along with all the other Timelords makes no sense.

Plus the Dr never cries, never! He can't have changed that much! He is an imposter he must be, Wolf in sheeps clothing.

Comment

So with only 3 days till the finale, what are peoples thoughts now? To be honest this Bad Wolf thing has been brilliant, it's driven me mad but in a good way....I've felt like Miss Marples at times.

At the moment (and this could change) I think Adam, Micky and the Face of Boe are red herrings. I'm still standing by my gut feeling that the Bad Wolf is The Doctor.

Comment

I don't think Adam is a red herring. The Sunday Times had a pic from the ep 'with the caption 'Rose has to face an old flame'(or something along those lines).

Technically Mickey fits this bill better and certainly has a grudge vs the Doctor. But Adam's smarter than Mickey and has a basic knowledge of the Daleks!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Watching the last episode, I thought it'd be funny if the Bad Wolf turned out to be the dog answering Adam's (name?) space-time brain enhancing phone messages.

Comment

Working...
                              X