PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Weir's Screen time...

dpgiffin
June 11th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Is Dr. Weir going to have the same sized part as General Hammond? I like her a lot, and was under the impression she was gonna be in a lot more, but looking at the pictures and stuff, she seems to be more Hammond-esque.

Any thoughts?

joshing123
June 11th, 2004, 06:35 AM
I noticed that in the latest group of pictures - she was noticebly absent when they were (presumably) on a mission.
I remember reading that she runs the base so I would assume that means her position is like Hammond's, but at the same time other things I've read give me the impression that she'll have more screen time than he did.
I guess we'll see.

KorbenDirewolf
June 11th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Generally, administrators stay with the HQ.

GhostPoet
June 11th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Recent pictures show her out in the field...I was under the impression she is just in charge of the group...but the more I read...the more I See she is in charge of the facility...which opens the question...WHO is the fourth member of SGA then?

(btw...I like the outfits they wear on missions...very SG-1)

KorbenDirewolf
June 11th, 2004, 11:00 AM
hmm.. Who says there's four members? Although there are five characters associated as starring in Atlantis.

shockwave
June 11th, 2004, 11:01 AM
there are 5 members:
Weir
Sheppard
Teyla
McKay
Ford

Weir probably stays on base most of the time (like hammond), while Sheppard leads the SGA team

GhostPoet
June 11th, 2004, 11:03 AM
there are 5 members:
Weir
Sheppard
Teyla
McKay
Ford

Weir probably stays on base most of the time (like hammond), while Sheppard leads the SGA team

FORD! That's who I was forgetting...I always forget him and I think it's because we know almost nothing about him...what DO we know? He's 2nd in command to Sheppard...he's military and.....? heh

shockwave
June 11th, 2004, 11:35 AM
somehow I feel Ford will be underdevelopped/underused

nukechuck
June 11th, 2004, 07:08 PM
FORD! That's who I was forgetting...I always forget him and I think it's because we know almost nothing about him...what DO we know? He's 2nd in command to Sheppard...he's military and.....? heh
Don't forget Dr. Beckett

Beckmen
June 13th, 2004, 12:41 AM
I think Beckett will have a Fraiser-ry role. In about half of the episodes per season or whatever.

Hopefully Skeletor--er, Dr. Weir will have not much of a role either.

KorbenDirewolf
June 13th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Yeah.. From what I've seen I think Beckett is just a recurring cast member and not a main cast member, pretty much like Fraiser was.

Oh.. We also know that Ford is a lieutenant.

langdonboom
July 16th, 2004, 11:59 AM
From those shots of all those people assembled in the gateroom, are we to assume that beyond the 5 member team that there will be a whole staff of people trapped on atlantis, too?

Guess I'll have to wait a few hours to find out.