Who will be watching - The Inside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will be watching - The Inside?

I'm very excited about this one as the genius Tim Minears behind it but as I'm in the UK It might be a while untill I get to see it so if anyone is planning on watching it please reply in this thread (non-spoilery) and let me know if it's any good.

Thanks
    sigpic

I'm looking forward to it. It's got Adam Baldwin ( Jayne... need I say more), Katie Finneran (she was hilarious in Wonderfalls) and the added bonus of Tim Minear.

But like you I may have to wait a while since I live in Australia.

Comment

I just yesterday evening saw a commercial for it. I was in the middle of doing something else, so I didn't catch the whole ad - and had no clue about Adam Baldwin being in it. What I did manage to see looked intriguing. I think I'll set the VCR in case I forget to flip channels.

Comment

So did any1 watch it?
        sigpic

Comment

I'll be watching it! My Mom and Dad know Rachel Nichols. My Dad is a dentist and had her as a patient. And my Mom worked with her Father. She went to the High School near me. She was a model first and now hit it big with this TV show! I hope it's good!

Comment

Originally posted by thedon
            So did any1 watch it?
            I did. It was okay. Not spectacular, but not complete drek. It definitely had it's "omg, I can't believe they showed that on tv!" yuck moments. It seems that all of the main characters have some deep dark secret(s) in their past that make them specially suited for the job they do. Unfortunately, the show wasn't compelling enough for me to care about what those secrets are. To be honest, the yuck factor is probably what will keep me tuning in. Hopefully it will improve.

Comment

What about Adam Baldwin's character?

Comment

They didn't really focus on him much. He appears to be the sarcastic, gruff, tough guy of the group. It was awfully weird seeing Jayne in a suit & tie.

Comment

as far as I know Tim Minear had 48 hours to write the pilot and it does apparently get alot better in further episodes.
                  sigpic

Comment

as far as I know Tim Minear had 48 hours to write the pilot and it does apparently get alot better in further episodes.
                    It's a fox show right? Are they trying to make his hair fall out? If that's true, that's twice now he's had to write a pilot in two days.

Comment

Ahh, that would explain the unpolished feel. I'll be cautiously optimistic about the future episodes.

Blue, what other show did he only have 48 hours to write? Lacking a single creative cell, I'm in awe that he could do such a thing.

Comment

I think Blue was talking about Firefly, Fox didn't like the pilot so Minear and Joss Whedon had a weekend to write a new one.

I hope The Inside gets shown in Aus, but knowing Australian networks it probably won't

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                        DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanit
                          Ahh, that would explain the unpolished feel. I'll be cautiously optimistic about the future episodes.

Blue, what other show did he only have 48 hours to write? Lacking a single creative cell, I'm in awe that he could do such a thing.
                          Eemo was right, he and Joss Whedon wrote the Train Job for Firefly over a weekend. Skill I tell ya.

Ten might have an interest in it, or maybe nine. Seven doesn't have many of those crime type shows. I can only think of Crossing Jordan and... Blue Heelers? They had Water Rats right? Or was that Nine?

Comment

Nine had Water Rats. I guess Ten will be the most likely to show it, they'll prob try and advertise it as something like Medium.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                            DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Working...
                            X