This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SG-1 Season 9 Sneak Peak

Just moment Ago, A new Stargate SG-1 Season 9 Promo Air.
    What did you think?
    Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 05 July 2005, 07:28 PM.
    sigpic

Alright, haven't seen it nor do I have the sci-fi network so I ask... links anyone?
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

PegasusGalaxy.com has just posted this second sneak peek. We also have the first available as well.

http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com

Stargate Atlantis

Comment

wasnt much of a peak....they are hoping browder and black bring their fans to sg,but hopefully they wont bring the stench of their "former" to a success like sg...

Comment

Farscape was a horrible show. I had trouble watching any of the episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
            No it was wasn't, it somewhat made Scifi what it is today (Stargate helped with the rest, when it came to Scifi)

And I am a fan of Farscape (I started watching the show after it was cancelled but before The Peacekeeper Wars miniseries).

And besides the main reason your dad troubles watching it was because it you start watching at the middle of an arc, you won't know what the hell is happening, in order to know what's happened at the beginning of the arc. That mainly why non-Farscape fans only watched a few episode and stopped watching the show
            Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 05 July 2005, 07:27 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
              And this made it a horrible show how? Funny enough, many of us loved watching it which is why it is this enduring success... oh, and now it's on DVD etc...the numbers of people discovering and enjoying Farscape is growing all the time.

Comment

i agree,farscape stunk,i happend to like browder and black,but the rest was crap...so was the storylines for that matter...hopefully it wont affect sg in a negative way...especially if the farscape writers arent involved...

Comment

Heck the only good thing in the sneak peek was seeing a little of Ben/Mitchell in action. I'm a Farscape fan - and especially a fan of Ben's.

Otherwise the sneak peek was mostly just more of the "talking heads" talking about the new characters.

I assume these ads are designed to help those fans who have no clue about the changes for S9. Let them know there are new characters coming on board. It seems like old news to the online community but there may be lots of casual fans who aren't up to speed.

Whatever the reason so far these previews aren't doing much to get ME excited for S9. The Atlantis and BSG sneak peeks have been much better.

But I'm the patient sort. Maybe they'll start adding in more exciting footage as we move closer to July 15th.
                  Last edited by keshou; 07 June 2005, 07:45 AM.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by centurian
                    i agree,farscape stunk,i happend to like browder and black,but the rest was crap...so was the storylines for that matter...hopefully it wont affect sg in a negative way...especially if the farscape writers arent involved...
                    So how do you explain that "Farscape" WON 3 Saturn Awards (2001 for the second season, 2002 for the third season and 2003 for the fourth season) every time beating SG-1 in the same category? Bad writing, really?
                    Oh, and the fourth Saturn has come this year for the mini-series "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars".

Comment

stargate won in 2003...where is farscape now???who cares about a saturn award..,viewer popularity and ratings is what counts...sg is far superior to farscape..farscape was a joke.

Comment

Don't tempt me to say that SG-1 is for people who don't like to think about what they're watching and "Farscape" is for an inteligent and smart, with sense of humour people. We're minority, but I don't FRELLING care about the ratings, if half of the audience are morons who don't understand what they're watching!!!

Comment

Uh, guys, can we get back on topic here? This isn't the place to debate the merits of Farscape vs. Stargate, especially when most of the debate is of the caliber of "oh yeah, well my show is better than your show." "Oh yeah, well, your show sucks."

Back to the topic. The ad was okay, but I'm looking forward to seeing actual snippets from the new season where we can hear the new characters talk and not the actors. Hopefully that'll be coming soon. There's more than 5 weeks to get this show promoted. Plenty of time for more exciting ads.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian
                            stargate won in 2003...where is farscape now???who cares about a saturn award..,viewer popularity and ratings is what counts...sg is far superior to farscape..farscape was a joke.
                            Where is "Farscape" now? Check here: www.watchfarscape.com/forums Over 8100 people now and the number is increasing every single day Considering the fact that "Farscape" goes to syndication this autumn in the USA I'm almost sure that we're going to hit 10 000 by the end of the year

And SG-1 won Saturn in 2004 (for 2003), not in 2003 (for 2002).
                            Last edited by Kalliope; 07 June 2005, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                              Uh, guys, can we get back on topic here? This isn't the place to debate the merits of Farscape vs. Stargate, especially when most of the debate is of the caliber of "oh yeah, well my show is better than your show." "Oh yeah, well, your show sucks."

Back to the topic. The ad was okay, but I'm looking forward to seeing actual snippets from the new season where we can hear the new characters talk and not the actors. Hopefully that'll be coming soon. There's more than 5 weeks to get this show promoted. Plenty of time for more exciting ads.
                              OK, back to the topic. The ad was OK, I can hardly wait for the mid-July!

Comment

Working...
                              X