This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why dont...

They send jonas to atlantis? resurect a damn good character, and still keep teh jackson?

good idea or not?

Help!
    My emojournal

Simply put, they don't want to. Some people want it, some don't. TPTB will do what they feel is creatively best, and they can never please everyone. I'm sure there are plenty of people who agree with you, and I'm sure that there are plenty who don't.
    Rocky

Comment

What would he really add to the series?? Everything he does, either abilities or character traits, is already accounted for by the Atlantis characters.
      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I don't see what kind of motivation Jonas or his people would have for sending him to Atlantis. He is currently helping his people through a rough time and is easily the smartest person and the person with exposure to the largest amounts of technology.

While I like Jonas a ton, it isn't going to happen.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
          They send jonas to atlantis? resurect a damn good character, and still keep teh jackson?

good idea or not?
          I don't think so... although I don't know why they didn't have more linguists trained in reading Ancient sent on the expedition.

As for a 'jackson' like character, I (as a huge fan of Jackson) don't think that they would fit in the Pegasus Galaxy. SGA doesn't have the strong historical links like SG1 has, and so a Jackson character, even like Jonas would just seem so out of place.

And plus, if I was writing for the show, I wouldn't want the same combination of characters in Atlantis as SG1, that would make it far too formulaic!

Anywho, in SGA I instantly fell for Mckay as my 'smart and luvable character', so I don't need an archaeologist, i have an astrophysisists (and evidently no ability to spell!)

Much luv,
          Ashta

Comment

The idea of Jonas on Atlantis isn't exactly new

Coirn Nemec(the actor who played Jonas) was told originally that TPTB wanted to bring his character over into the sin-off after SG-1 ended in season 6, but plans changed, the movie became season 7 and Atlantis was postponed. Of course some of the fans reactions to Jonas didn't help either and in the end TPTB decided not to bring him to Atlantis
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
              The idea of Jonas on Atlantis isn't exactly new

Coirn Nemec(the actor who played Jonas) was told originally that TPTB wanted to bring his character over into the sin-off after SG-1 ended in season 6, but plans changed, the movie became season 7 and Atlantis was postponed. Of course some of the fans reactions to Jonas didn't help either and in the end TPTB decided not to bring him to Atlantis
              IMPO the character dynamic wouldn't have worked with Jonas... and as far as the story goes, I think that it would have just been strange sending him to Atlantis.

Comment

IMPO the character dynamic wouldn't have worked with Jonas... and as far as the story goes, I think that it would have just been strange sending him to Atlantis
                I agree with you that sending Jonas to Atlantis as it is now wouldn't make sense(and might ruin the character dynamic) but you have to remember that the plans for the spin-off as of the beginning of season six, were quite different, Atlantis was on earth for one!

Also remember in "metamorphosis" jonas is an advanced human, closer to the ancients, my guess would be that he would have had Sheppard's role on the show
                Last edited by Steve_the_Wraith; 08 June 2005, 06:56 AM. Reason: grammar
                sigpic

Comment

hmm, plans change over time. I wonder what it would have been like with Jonas in Sheppard's place. I never really liked Sheppard, his character just didn't 'grab' me.

Oh well, without Sheppard, there would be no Rodney and Sheppard banter, and I don't think I could live without that!

lol,
                  Much luv,
                  Ashta

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                    Simply put, they don't want to. Some people want it, some don't. TPTB will do what they feel is creatively best, and they can never please everyone. I'm sure there are plenty of people who agree with you, and I'm sure that there are plenty who don't.
                    Yes. There was even a thread for Jonas vs. Daniel, or something like that. Many opinions were offered; pro & con for each.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                      Also remember in "metamorphosis" jonas is an advanced human, closer to the ancients, my guess would be that he would have had Sheppard's role on the show
                      I know he was more advanced, but I don't think he was closer to the ancients. I though it was more like a mutation due to living on a planet with the Naquadria.

Comment

^^^
                        I agree, and his special traits are probably related to his intelligence/advanced learning ability. Which we don't see in O'Neill who is supposedly 'closer to the ancients'.

Comment

Working...
                        X