This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Sounds

I don't know if this has been covered already but I thought I'd ask anyway...

Does anyone know of any sites that have sound clips from Stargate, ones that I can use, like, PC events and on MSN Messenger and such. I can only find a few and most annoyingly I can only find one of Anubis! He is my favourite villain and I can only find one sound clip! I want him on my computer!

Right, okay, so if anyone can help me out with this I'll be really grateful. Especially if you can point me in the direction of Anubis sounds! I love his voice...
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Maybe you can try www.stargate-planet.de

There are some, but I don't know if those what you are seeking

Or more exactly here

http://www.stargate-planet.de/stargate.html

and then download what you want.
    Last edited by veneticuss; 11 June 2004, 04:53 AM.
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Still no joy........anyone got any others?

I really do want these Anubis sounds so I'm not particularly bothered about any others. Just those...
      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Yeah I'd like a nice clean clip too of that:

"Words mean nothing. Take action if you dare."
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
          Yeah I'd like a nice clean clip too of that:

"Words mean nothing. Take action if you dare."
          Exactly! Anubis in his finest hour! And yet I can't find it!

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
            Exactly! Anubis in his finest hour! And yet I can't find it!
            What episode was that again??

IF (IF being the opperative word here) I have time I will make a clip and submit it somwhere (where?) or we can go the messenger route?

Comment

It was in Full Circle, just before Daniel went to blast him.

Comment

It was in Full Circle, just before Daniel went to blast him.
                Doh...how weak my mind gets at time. I have the means, just have to find the time. Maybe tonight.

Comment

I thank you, lol. How do you do it anyway?

Comment

I thank you, lol. How do you do it anyway?
                    Basically I will use DVD2SVCD to pull the AC3 audio stream from the episode, but then be sure to stop the program before it starts converting the video. Then take the audio file and convert this to WAV or MP3 (Wave in this instance) with my favorite editor (Sound Forge) and crop the section I want. I do a LOT (I mean a L O T) of video editing, and picked all this up from videohelp.com.

Comment

Wow.........I'm guessing it's particularly complicated.

Comment

Wow.........I'm guessing it's particularly complicated.
                        Maybe until you have learned how/what happens during the process it could seem a little complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by SG_Mike
                          Basically I will use DVD2SVCD to pull the AC3 audio stream from the episode, but then be sure to stop the program before it starts converting the video. Then take the audio file and convert this to WAV or MP3 (Wave in this instance) with my favorite editor (Sound Forge) and crop the section I want. I do a LOT (I mean a L O T) of video editing, and picked all this up from videohelp.com.

That can be considered pulling a "Sam" or "Carter." Confuse us with technobabble to hide the really simplistic act of it!

When you edit videos, is it in a digital format, or VHS? What kinda software do you use?
                          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                            That can be considered pulling a "Sam" or "Carter." Confuse us with technobabble to hide the really simplistic act of it!

When you edit videos, is it in a digital format, or VHS? What kinda software do you use?
                            I had to laugh...good point with the pulling a Sam. Accept my apoligies.

If you are interested in a tutorial for doing this, let me know and I will respond after I get settled at home and I will make it a point to respond at that time. For now A basic tutorial can be found at mp3-guides.com that covers extracting the audio from a DVD for the purposes of making a Music CD (like your favorite Concert DVD for your car's CD player) Just stop short of making the CD and edit the wav files for the sound clips you want.

Comment

I re-read your response SGSlugger, and felt I didnt answer your question. I mainly take VHS home movies, and convert them to DVD. I also back up my DVD's onto DVD-R's so that I do not ruin the originals. And from time to time I download episodes that I might have missed and convert those to SVCD (Super Video CD - for those who do not know) and watch those on my DVD player. I can give you a breakdown on software and hardware I use if that is what you were looking for.

Cya - I am headed out to eat and them HOME!

Cya.

Comment

Working...
                              X