This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo in Atlantis

Everyone is concerned about getting ZPM's and powering the shield and such but what about ammo. For one the drones are gone and what about P90 ammo. Im sure the Daedalus has more ammo but how much do that have. Between sheppard and the rest they have to run out sometime. The wraith don't exactly take the same number of bullets as a human. But its not a major plotline so it won't be explained. Just another one of thoes holes. What do you think?

Ive thought about this myself, i guess we have to assume they took a **** load of ammo with them at the start and in sure the deadalus will bring more, as for a reference to it i dont know. I myself think they should it would only take a few seconds of a scene and it would certainly tie up that possible plot hole.

Comment

Before anymore speculation occures in this tread about ammo, go look at this thread that's already been discussing this problem:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=10924
      Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
      "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
      "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
      ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
      McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
      "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

When Everett came through the gate he knew about the Wraith threat and that they'd have to hold Atlantis for several days before the Daedalus gets there. So its likely Everett brought more P90 ammo, in several of the crates, backpacks,etc they brought through the gate, he was preparing after all for an allout war not some tea party. Plus they did bring extra weapons watch "Siege part2 about 11 minute into it they kit all the Atlantis personel with extensive weaponary and ordinance, both scientist and miltary. True we dont see crates labelled P-90 ammo in big letters on screen but come on when do you see boxes labelled that way in real life war.
        As for the drones well we will all have to watch Siege Part 3 to see if there are going to be more or not (some people have said the ZPM could allow for new drones to be made by Atlantis)

Comment

Isnt there hndreds of drones in the oupost on Earth, couldnt they bring them to atlantis?

Comment

Until they used the MKII naquadah gen to power the chair in Atlantis neither Earth nor Atlantis knew the situation with Atlantis' drones. They just assumed that Atlantis was in the same state with drones as the outpost. Thus why would SGC on Earth think they would need to bring drones from Earth to Atlantis.

Comment

The easiest way is to make the Ammo themselves, should they ever run low on supplies.

Comment

I would think a small scale ammo plant wouldn't be out of the question, if they can build bombs then they can build bullets.

This still goes to point that atleast some percentage of Alien weaponry would be benificial, although we may not want our enimies to gain that technology.)
                sigpic

Comment

If you really think about it, Up until 'The Siege' they hardly expended that great an ammount. So there should easily be enough. Although I'm sure when they anticipated coming through, that they would if not find actula living Ancients then at least some form of Ancient weaponry. However stranded in another Galaxy, I'm sure they came up with a contingency plan if things went pear shape. The easiest solution, create your own. Considering all that they really fire then that should be fairly easy to create their own supplies on a permanent basis.

Comment

Based on my very crude (and highly suspect) calculations, a 50 pound box of P90 ammo would contain almost 4000 rounds. That doesn't include magazines, which I've heard cannot be reloaded manually, though I suspect the Atlantis expedition would have brought a work around with them.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                      That doesn't include magazines, which I've heard cannot be reloaded manually, though I suspect the Atlantis expedition would have brought a work around with them.
                      The magazines can be reloaded...it's the spent shells that can't be reloaded, IIRC.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Remember in "The Eye" when Ford, Rodney, and Teyla I think just got out of the puddle jumper and ran to the armory? Remember seeing all those crates? My guess is like alot of people have said, they have crates and crates and crates of ammo. Plus the Daedalus has supplies of all kinds. Also, when they return back to Atlantis after going back to Earth in "Intruder", they could bring supplies back with them that way.
                        302's lead the way!

Comment

They probably calcualted how much ammo the SGC used in its first two years of operation, and sent that much (except with P90 ammo).

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                            They probably calcualted how much ammo the SGC used in its first two years of operation, and sent that much (except with P90 ammo).
                            Plus P90 ammo (5.7mm) is smaller than 9mm, so they could probably pack a lot more than you might imagine.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

The genii use weaponry much like our rifles. If we ever became allies I'm sure they could make ammo for us and they can't be the only race as advanced perhaps in time an ally of ours will be able to give us ammo.

Comment

Working...
                              X