This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone Takes there pants off way too much

Is it just me or does everyone take there pants off way too much on BSG, I seem to have got the impression that everyone has sex with everyone on BSG, and that just seems weird and kind of wrong. I think it needs more love and romance and less casual sex with half the crew.

P.S. if it gets much worse I wouldn’t be surprised to see a mass orgy on the hanger deck involving half the crew

Well the President did say that they needed to be making babies in one of the earlier eps. Add that I heard something once about people getting hornier in times of crisis*and psychologists among the Gateworld crew willing to back me up on this?*
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
      Well the President did say that they needed to be making babies in one of the earlier eps. Add that I heard something once about people getting hornier in times of crisis*and psychologists among the Gateworld crew willing to back me up on this?*
      Don't know if I can back you up, but Roslin said "we need to make babies" once. and Everyone in close corders would probably make them hornier(? like i'd know) either way I can't see a orgy in the hanger deck because thats just... I don't know I do doubt they'd go there.
      Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
        Well the President did say that they needed to be making babies in one of the earlier eps.
        well wouldn't that imply that the Married couples should be making babies. and not just random people with a random person

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman
          well wouldn't that imply that the Married couples should be making babies. and not just random people with a random person
          Probably.
          Last edited by Vala; 05 June 2005, 04:02 PM.
          Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

huh?
            are you saying only married people should ahve sex? or have children?
            Kinda a silly prejudice when you only have 50,000 humans left in the universe.
            We've seen very little sex in BSG as far as I know
            Spoiler:
            Boomer and Tyrol get it on a few time, tho they are in a relationship and Starbuck does Gaius once. Not exactly an orgy, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
              huh?
              are you saying only married people should ahve sex? or have children?
              i am saying that only married people should have children, but also imo your should be at least engaged before you have sex, preferably married

Originally posted by Lightsabre
              Kinda a silly prejudice when you only have 50,000 humans left in the universe.
              Prejudice how so? Rules and morals are what separate us from crap flinging monkeys

but back to the topic

Comment

Guess it depends on how you view things. If there are only 50,000 people left and one doesn't know if they will be alive tomorrow, why wouldn't it be natural that people would be trying to get as much sex as they can, if only to relieve the stress? It's not like the people left can schedule or go on a vacation somewhere and/or just relax. Whatever recreational facilities and activities that are offered on the cruise ships can get old fast and besides, sex is a natural act and natural function for any species. Only humans assign a morality value to sex.

Sooner or later the Colonials will have to start "making babies" for the human race to survive. I wouldn't be surprised if the Colonials begin to record who had sex/babies with whom and try to insure gene diversity. That could eventually mean resorting to Draconian measures like assigning partners or gathering eggs and sperm and storing them for future use and/or implanting fertilized eggs into surrogate mothers. Every death reduces the available donors or mating partner, so collection of reproductive material may become a necessity. The Nike slogan may become the Colonial slogan: "Just Do It!".

Even some sort of cloning may be considered or DNA manipulation. But would that be no better than what the Cylons are doing? One could conceivably breed whatever desirable traits and or abilities over time. Animal breeders have been doing that for centuries (dogs and cats for instance), although over a long time period rather than direct manipulation of DNA.

Last edited by Sci-Fi; 05 June 2005, 05:24 PM.
                It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
                  sex is a natural act and natural function for any species.
                  Well yes that is true
                  Originally posted by Sci-Fi
                  Only humans assign a morality value to sex.
                  I wonder y that could be hmmmmmmm.....Maybe because we are the only specie with morality or even capable of it

Genetic diversity isn't that much of a problem, as long as everyone knows who there parents are and there siblings then everyone would be fine, the thing about having kids with ur cousin and them coming out all deformed and crap is an old wives tales.

Comment

What I'm pissed by is what they've reduced Starbuck to. Ugh.
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                      What I'm pissed by is what they've reduced Starbuck to. Ugh.
                      If you mean a slut? Then I agree, I still like her character an all but not as much as I used to. She used to be my favorite character but im not so sure any more

Comment

If you mean a slut? Then I agree, I still like her character an all but not as much as I used to. She used to be my favorite character but im not so sure any more
                        Exactly. I still don't get why they this time around portrayed Starbuck as a gal instead of a guy - that's what he was before, as well as comedy relief. But noooo, she's gotta go jump in bed with some moron without an eye blink- as well as torturing poor Cylons.

I prefer the old version.
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                          Exactly. I still don't get why they this time around portrayed Starbuck as a gal instead of a guy - that's what he was before, as well as comedy relief. But noooo, she's gotta go jump in bed with some moron without an eye blink- as well as torturing poor Cylons.

I prefer the old version.
                          I have only seen one episode or a movie or something so I wouldn't know about the old one

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            If you ask me, Helo needs to take his pants off MORE often. And everything else, too. :-D

But generally speaking, I find all the sex to be tedious and not a bit gratuitous. What does showing us this stuff add to our understanding of the characters/stories? Why not simply IMPLY that it's happening and leave it at that? Yes, there was the one bit with the calling of a name, but you could have had it in a darkened room, we didn't have to SEE them having sex.
                            when i saw that you posted here i just knew you were going to say somthing like that

Comment

I admit I was initially very suprised at the amount of sex they include in the series, but I don't find it offensive. For me, I think it's a matter of consistancy - for example I don't like explicit sexual scenes in SG, predominantly because I feel it falls outside bounds of established "limits" of the show. In that way, I find scenes like Sam and Pete more shocking in the context of the show, and what they've "shown" before, I think they crossed the line there.

HOWEVER, BSG has been fairly explicit all along, and because of that I find it more a part of the fabric of the series than a grauitous attempt to inflate the ratings. I also feel like it has a lot to do with the "basicness" and raw tone of the show - BSG is about life and death, and a whole lot of that has to do with sex (and not just about making babies, but also about controlling people (Gaius and Six), feeling connected and alive (I would say Starbuck and Gaius fall into this category), and about finding someone and feeling loved after losing everying ).

I'm not saying more sex is better, but that I just don't feel shows should be censored to the demands of the most squeamish amongst us, and really, it's up to the people who MAKE the show how and what they include, AND it's up to the individual viewer to decide for themselves if they want to watch it. Personal choice is a wonderful thing

Personally I find it disturbing that censors on network TV allow us to be shown graphic, detailed and often gruesome death and killing scenes and yet censor simple nudity and intimacy. JMHO of course

Comment

Working...
                              X