This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New season 8 commercial

I don't think I really need spoiler space as it didn't show anything from the show.
    Did anybody else catch the new commercial last night?Well,at least I think it was new.It was different than the usual ones that show clips.Instead it had some lady driving up to her house & as the garage door opens there's an event horizon in her garage.There is a voice-over asking if you're ready for the new season & she smiles &drives through the event horizon.
    nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

I have not seen it yet, but from the description it sounds rather....uh...silly.

Comment

Yeah, I saw it. When are they going to start showing ones with new footage ? That's what I want to see.
      "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

I haven't seen that one, but I have seen the one where a guy is getting a late night snack out to the frig. and there is an event horizon in the frig.
        No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

I've seen both of them & both times I'm going to myself - what does that have to do with the show? Me thinks they need to hire a new advertising person.

How about the sci-fi spot with the guy turning himself into a woman. That's hitting rock bottom. Must be the same people who work on Tripping the Rift.

Comment

I thought the Stargate commercials were cute.

Comment

These sound funny but borderline silly.

And equally silly, does anyone have these available to watch online yet?

Comment

I saw it, the Sci-Fi channel has the dumb "commercials". Like those little 5 second things that show you you are watching the Sci-Fi Channel, I hate those.
                It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                  I saw it, the Sci-Fi channel has the dumb "commercials". Like those little 5 second things that show you you are watching the Sci-Fi Channel, I hate those.
                  Simply said...DITTO

Comment

You guys are harsh! I thought the commercials with the fridge and garage were clever.

What would you guys like to see?...let me guess:

A Crystal Skull alien comes out and says, "I'm a Furling - we're neutral, Nick Ballard is off cat-sitting for Narim, Apophis had a wrist DHD, Aris Boch is hanging out with the Retu, the Asgard are busy working on a special can of Raid, and oh by the way, watch Stargate SG-1 in July".
                    How could they leave me out?

Comment

Originally posted by Atum
                      You guys are harsh! I thought the commercials with the fridge and garage were clever.

What would you guys like to see?...let me guess:

A Crystal Skull alien comes out and says, "I'm a Furling - we're neutral, Nick Ballard is off cat-sitting for Narim, Apophis had a wrist DHD, Aris Boch is hanging out with the Retu, the Asgard are busy working on a special can of Raid, and oh by the way, watch Stargate SG-1 in July".
                      Not quite all of that!

I thought that they would have enough footage shot to atleast give us a glimsp of something. Te first time I saw the one with the late night snack I had to double take to see if it was the event horizon, or some weird five second Sci-Fi promo.
                      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

The current commercials they've been showing are just, gah... If i didn't know what Stargate was, the current preview/commercial wouldn't attract me to watch..
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                          I haven't seen that one, but I have seen the one where a guy is getting a late night snack out to the frig. and there is an event horizon in the frig.
                          I haven't seen that one but it's a funny idea...

Guy[calling out to wife]: Honey,the vortex vaporized your meatloaf again,...I guess we'll just have to go to the "Outback" restraunt tonight!
                          That's one way to get rid of nasty leftovers

It'd be nice to get some images from the new season,though!
                          nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

i saw that commercial and the one with the guy and the refrigerator
                            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

I havn't seen the commercials yet...but they sound pretty funny to me. Especially the fridge one.
                              Lighten up people
                              It feels good to be alive.
                              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Working...
                              X