This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

set zats to stun?

In multiple episodes there seems to be a difference in how the zats work. When SGC people use them the bad guys get knocked down and knocked unconscious. When SGC people get hit, however, it is more like a stun effect. So what is going on? Do the SGC people have some built up immunity from getting shot so often? But then you think the Jaffa would also have this immunity since they are always getting shot too. Maybe the humans from earth can take the shot better? Maybe all the metal in the Jaffa armor some how increases the effect? Or maybe it is just a writers technique to move the stories along. Any ideas?
    "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

basically, the zat gun last as long as the script needs it to last.

out of the mouth of TPTB
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Don't forget lock-pick mode
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
        Don't forget lock-pick mode
        ROFLMAOOOOO
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

It wasn't really that funny
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Haha...in that picture, the President looks like a drunken old man who just got up off the floor.
            "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
              Haha...in that picture, the President looks like a drunken old man who just got up off the floor.
              lol...he does!

Back on topic: Maybe its the physiology (argh, can't spell it!) that depends on how much the shot effects the person? We've met people that are imune to zat blasts (Aris Boch, for example). Maybe since the Jaffa are genetically alter humans whenever they stuck that pouch in their stomachs it messed something up?
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Sometimes if someone is really ticked off, adrenaline seems to have an effect... like when Jack was zatted at the end of 4x22, "Exodus", but he was angry to see Teal'c get shot, and he got right back up IIRC.
                Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                  lol...he does!

Back on topic: Maybe its the physiology (argh, can't spell it!) that depends on how much the shot effects the person? We've met people that are imune to zat blasts (Aris Boch, for example). Maybe since the Jaffa are genetically alter humans whenever they stuck that pouch in their stomachs it messed something up?

But on Boch's case its propaly just his armour.
                  Last edited by Crazedwraith; 11 June 2004, 11:40 AM. Reason: the ruthless murder of typos
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

I think you're probably right. For some odd reason I was thinking that he was immune to zat blasts instead of the Goolds.
                    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Boch was naturally immune to zat blasts. It's probably just to do with the way his body conducts electricity and similar energies.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                        I'm pretty sure that Boch was naturally immune to zat blasts. It's probably just to do with the way his body conducts electricity and similar energies.
                        Well theres no defined evidence either way, but i still thnik its more likely his armour did it rather than him but thats neither here nor there.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Where did Jack zat him at? Was it directly on his armor, or on a bare-flesh part?

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                            Where did Jack zat him at? Was it directly on his armor, or on a bare-flesh part?
                            On his Armour.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Consensus seems to be his armour, but it just seems a big risk to take. I mean, what if Jack were to zat him in the face?

As the man says himself:

ARIS BOCH : I’m the greatest because I’m alive. That’s it. Period. I’m not greedy. If I can catch a Goa’uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck, that’s a damn good compromise.

This isn't a man who's going to take a chance on not getting shot in the armour, which is what makes me tend to suspect it's an aspect of his physiology.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                              X