This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With daedaleus atlantis is safe

We know that the atlantis team has specs on hive ships so all they have to do know is use f-302' to hyperjump the shield and destroy a vital area of the hive shipthey did it on sg1

What I don't understand is that in SG-1 O'Neill flying the time machine jumper took out a Goa'uld mother ship with two drones. Now why can't Sheppard do that? Am I missing something? We know for sure that the drones go throught shields so taking out a Wraith hive ship should be an esier task right?
    302's lead the way!

Comment

The fact that a puddlejumper can take down a goa'uld mothership but can itself be taken out by a Dart just goes to show how more advanced the Wraith(and the Ancients) are than the Goa'uld
      sigpic

Comment

Steve had a point lol.
        302's lead the way!

Comment

the only reason that jumper was taken out is because the wraith weapons went right through the jumpers window

Comment

Well i'm sure that's a reason, however i don't think it's the only one. I think a Dart firing anywhere on a Jumper will take it out. Except those near-misses like in "38 Minutes" when they damaged the engine pods.
            302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
              What I don't understand is that in SG-1 O'Neill flying the time machine jumper took out a Goa'uld mother ship with two drones. Now why can't Sheppard do that? Am I missing something? We know for sure that the drones go throught shields so taking out a Wraith hive ship should be an esier task right?
              Well you have to remember, Jack O'Neill has spent months about Goa'uld mother ships, he knows the ends and outs, whether he knows it or not. The Puddle Jumper acsesses his mind and knows exactly where the weaknesses in she ship was. GJOD are essentially automated bombs, the PJ directed it to the main reactor/hyperspace generator, whatever.

Major Sheppard doesn't have the much experience, the only hive ship that has been destroyed so far was by a guy who's dead, and that was with massive, overwhelming force.

Also Goa'uld ships seem to be more like ours, in the sense that they put all their eggs in one basket. One central conrol, one reactor one of every component, the majority of a Goa'uld mother ship is just crew quarters for Jaffa. You blow just one component, the entire ship can't function and/or blows up. While with Wraith ships, they seem to be more like, well a hive, independent cells for a wraith, it also seems that they rely on over whelming, unpowerful weapons, (is swarming Darts, asteroids) if the same hols true for the design of their ships, power could be so well distributed that no one place could cause a chain reaction.

Sorry for the ramble, my point being is that the Wraith ships may not be more powerful per say, just harder to destroy.
              Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
              Daniel: Niet.
              Jack: Daniel!
              Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
              -1969 (221)

Comment

Interesting theory, but I don't think thats it. It may well could be, but Sheps been inside a Wraith hiveship too. I guess it just never occured to him and the Atlantis team to fly a squadron of PJs to attack the hiveships. Plus Goa'uld motherships while having weapons and sheilds etc..aren't mainley built for comabt. Like O'Neill said about the staff weapon "This is weapon of fear..it is used to intimidate your enemy." What I mean to say is that it seems with the Goa'uld ships if you hit them anywhere with a drone (what I was talking about earlier) they go boom. But hey you could be right. Mabey we should ask Martin Gero.
                302's lead the way!

Comment

Well i'm sure that's a reason, however i don't think it's the only one. I think a Dart firing anywhere on a Jumper will take it out. Except those near-misses like in "38 Minutes" when they damaged the engine pods.

Actually I am not sure if they incountered a dart in this one, I don't know if the guy who was flying could of handled a wraith dart in combat and the fact that they sat in the gate for half an hour and no darts came along to find them sitting like ducks in a barrel.
                  Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

Ah..very true...then how'd the pod's get damaged? I read the summary on GateWorld, it said they did get attacked by the Wraith. So idk.
                    302's lead the way!

Comment

Well destroying the mothership was lucky, they hit it in the perect lace, otherwise they could well have done little damage to it. There was no mention either that the goa'uld could not destroy the PJ just because it was destroyed, they had to avoid the ship and the gliders. The cell theory is interesting but considering that the defence sattelite sliced one in half and that destroyed it, I don't think your theory can hold true. Hyperjumping shields would be very difficult because of the precision required but it is possible. they might need to do this since they do not have cloaks and the masses of darts could otherwise destroy the fighters. After energising the shield there are a number of darts that are under the shield and on atlantis, these need neutralising too.

Comment

Ah..very true...then how'd the pod's get damaged? I read the summary on GateWorld, it said they did get attacked by the Wraith. So idk.
                        They were being shot at from the surface by the Wraith ground troops. This would seem to imply that Wraith Stunners have a higher setting than just "stun."
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Thank you, and to think I was gonna have to wait the SCIFI showed that episode again to find my answer.
                          302's lead the way!

Comment

even when the team was going to jump out side of anubis' ship they said it was a very good chance they might matierailize in the ship so its not a tactic its last resort. wraith ships look kind of cushion like because in underground mcay just cut through the walls with a pocket knife. so it might take some kinetic energy out of the explosion or impact. and did anyone else notice that the wraith ship looked "fleshy" like a living thing?

Comment

The Annals of the Curator on the SciFi channel Atlantis website said this about the hiveships
                              "Indeed, as we depart, I feel the hive shudder and rumble beneath me, and, like all of us, I want to feed it, to feed ourselves, to make the hunger stop. Hunger is the great bane."

Now I don't know if he's just a poetic Wraith or that hiveships are indeed organic and "alive".
                              302's lead the way!

Comment

Working...
                              X