This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Sg1 Saved Atlantis?

Is it just me or is it kind of funny despite the fact they want to keep the shows seperate it took SG1 to find the zpm.

So SG1 saved Atlantis. Whats that all about. Kinda annoying really but sg1 has had a slow season with few enemies so they had the time on there hands.
    Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

they never said sg1 found the zpm. someone on earth found the zpm but they never mentioned who. (this is present time post mobius)

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
      they never said sg1 found the zpm. someone on earth found the zpm but they never mentioned who. (this is present time post mobius)
      Ok, maybe so, but if not for SG-1, earth never would have found that ZPM, b/c pre-Moebius Ra took it somewhere and then it essentially became a needle in a haystack.

I don't know that they're trying to make them separate so much as distinct. If they wanted them separate, they'd cut down on the references to the other base every 3-4 episodes. I think they just want Atlantis to have it's own base to stand on if SG-1 ends in the Season 10-11 timeframe, which is only Atlantis 3-4, and they want to continue Atlantis. The way it is working now, even with 2 crossovers this season, Atlantis is in such a position that if "SG-1" the show ended with the gate still intact, then Atlantis can continue. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Comment

Do you think it's taking away from Atlantis to have to worry about the SGC getting shut down? Will Atlantis only shine to its full glory when it dosen't have to worry about adjusting to the SGC?
        302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
          Originally posted by SGRanger06
          Do you think it's taking away from Atlantis to have to worry about the SGC getting shut down? Will Atlantis only shine to its full glory when it dosen't have to worry about adjusting to the SGC?
          You have to remember that at the end of season 8 TPTB were wrapping up storyline incase the season was the last SG-1 finding the ZPM and sending it to pegasus is a way for SG-1 to "pass the torch" onto Atlantis.

Anyway contact with earth will never be common according to Martin Gero and I don't think Atlantis will have to worry too much about adjusting to the SGC
          sigpic

Comment

Now that you mention it I remember him saying that Atlantis will still have that isoloated outpost feel to it. Thanks.
            302's lead the way!

Comment

Don't know how there going to pull of the isolated outpost when they have them going home in the second episode to breif the new general.
              Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

Ask Martin Gero, haha im not the writer. Despite how cool tha'd be....
                302's lead the way!

Comment

Pegasus galaxy is a very long way from Earth. Other then the stargate itself I don't really see constant travel to and from Earth. It is hard to totally govern an outpost so far away. They have to be able to make decision on their own. That is chiefly what will make them isolated.

As for saving Atlantis, the zpm from Earth bought them some time but they still need to bring the city up to full power which will more then likely mean finding more zpms in the Pegasus galaxy.
                  "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                  'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                  Individuality is freedom lived.
                  'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Sheppard said this about the Season 2 episode Epiphany

Spoiler:
                    This particular episode I'm talking about would not be backstory. It will have a lot to do with the fact that in order to return Atlantis to its full glory and keep a wormhole open back to Earth, they need these 'Z.P.M.s.' It has a lot to do with what will allow us to find these Z.P.M.s in the Pegasus Galaxy."
                    (Actor/writer Joe Flanigan, in an interview with Stargate SG-1: The Official Magazine
                    302's lead the way!

Comment

First off, the SGC was looking for a ZPM to power the outpost on earth. And the SG-1 did find the ZPM in a round about way. But it was found in a needle in a haystack

Second, the SGC thought it would be better to send the D out to Atlantis after there message to earth because they needed the back up. As you can see after siege 2.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

You mean the Daedalus as opposed to the Prometheus? In that case the Daedalus is the only ship with intergalactic travel capability.
                        302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
                          You mean the Daedalus as opposed to the Prometheus? In that case the Daedalus is the only ship with intergalactic travel capability.
                          From my understanding, the Prometheus was fitted with Asgard weapons and hyperdrives to allow it to travel to the Pegasus galaxy. However, due to the fact that the engines were added after construction of Prometheus was completed (not to mention damage after the 'Prometheus Unbound' incedent), it was decided that the more advanced and better armed Deadalus would be sent to help Atlantis (also, they could only send one ship fast enough, 'cause they only had one ZPM). Tech like the rail guns was taken off Prometheus and transported through the Stargate.

Comment

Martin Gero said in his thread that the Daedalus is the only Earth ship that has intergalactic space travel capability. I am 100% sure of that.
                            302's lead the way!

Comment

The entire premise of 812 Prometheus Unbound was that the Prometheus was making an intergalactic trip to Atlantis. I am 100% sure of THAT.

Comment

Working...
                              X