PDA

View Full Version : GEMINI (Season 8 Spoilers)

Kelso
June 10th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Forgive me if this has been mentioned and i missed it... I just read this info over at Stargate SG-1 Solutions (http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ipw-web/b2/index.php?p=56&c=1)

Fans of Colonel Samantha Carter will be seeing double when Season 8 episode “Gemini” airs. Actress Amanda Tapping, who plays Carter on the show, teased two British fans with hints about the episode - not yet in production - during their visit to the Stargate SG-1 set this week. According to Amanda, “Gemini” will feature “two Carters” but isn’t an Alternate Universe story.

Interesting... the more Carters the better!

elhSG1
June 10th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Sounds interesting, thanks for the info Kelso! :)

Wass
June 10th, 2004, 12:27 PM
"Two carters" could it be clone created by NID or maybe the Gou'ald.

tfalls1
June 10th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Maybe that is what Fifth made (the wet looking Samantha pic that has been removed from Gateworld's New Order pics ?

Andron
June 10th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Ya, sounds interesting. :)

Maybe Fifth makes a Replicator look-a-like of Carter in "New Order Part 2"

ShadowMaat
June 10th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Maybe O'Neill wasn't the only one Loki used in his experimenting...

dpgiffin
June 10th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Yeah, i'm definetly thinking asgard cloning :)

Wass
June 10th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Cloning is the more likely to explain the two carters how do you think they are going to introduce the second carter.

priornavalperson
June 10th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Maybe the android version of carter got recharged? Com-traya!:cool:

ShadowMaat
June 10th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Maybe the android version of carter got recharged? Com-traya!:cool:
Now THAT would be awesome! A return of robo-SG-1 would be a reason for me to tune in! ;) I miss those guys... and poor Harlan...

Tok'Ra Hostess
June 10th, 2004, 01:25 PM
But Gemini is not in production, yet, wheras we already have the pics from New order. Sounds like two different shows, to me, and, this being Stargate SG-1, you can just bet that ol' Fifth isn't gonna survive past this second guest appearance. "/

I do like the idea of Harlan's androids, though I doubt we'll get that lucky. <sigh>

Could be Asgard tech, or maybe those Foothold aliens will be back with their hardlight tech.

Or Anubis has grown one of his super soldiers into a babe who happens to look like Carter so he can infiltrate the SGC....

So many possibilities. :D

ShadowMaat
June 10th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Oh, well, I never said robo-SG-1 would be likely, but a girl can dream, can't she? *sigh*...

Teal'c
June 10th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Gemini - where the shippers have a field day (And the filthy-minded slashers even more so! :P)

ShadowMaat
June 10th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Gemini - where the shippers have a field day (And the filthy-minded slashers even more so! :P)
Sam comes back through time to warn herself NOT to marry Jack! :P And Pete witnesses the incident and starts to wonder just WTF is going on with his girlfriend and her CO...

bcmilco
June 10th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Maybe O'Neill wasn't the only one Loki used in his experimenting...

Funny, that's the first thing I thought of when they said it wasn't an AU. :p

ShadowMaat
June 10th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Well, Gemini IS the sign of the twins... maybe Sam discovers a long lost twin sister. Sets up a nice rivalry as Ms. OtherSam falls instantly for Jack, who realizes... hey, here's a Carter I can actually have without breaking regulations... :P

tara3583
June 10th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Sounds interesting, what if Sam was some how
replicated by the replicaters and the naked
Sam was a replicater sent back to the SGC to
spy on the humans.
In the mean time our real Sam was still being
held by 5th, just a thought i've had but what
a fantastic story line if this proves to be
the case!:)

ShadowMaat
June 10th, 2004, 08:44 PM
spy on the humans.
But, in one of those twisty twists that makes Stargate Stargate, RepSam coincidentally has the same "flaw" as Fifth and realizes that she actually cares a great deal for all the people at Stargate Command and she doesn't want to see them destroyed.Which leaves ya with two obvious options.

One: she sacrifices herself in order to restore the real Sam to her rightful place and/or destroy Fifth and the other Reps.

Two: She feels that SHE is far superior to that OTHER Sam and does everything she can to make sure that SHE stays right where she is and that the other Sam is killed. The plan would no doubt fail miserably, but it could make for an interesting journey. ;)

Tok'Ra Hostess
June 11th, 2004, 04:15 AM
If nothing else, this idea should generate a ton of AU fic. :D

keshou
June 11th, 2004, 04:44 AM
First thing I thought of when I read this spoiler was a replicator Sam. That would tie in with the human reps being the big nemesis for season 8. RepSam could very well be "born" in "New Order" (with or without the viewers knowledge) and reappear in "Gemini".

The reps originally honored their creator (Reese) by taking human form. They invaded SG-1's minds in Unnatural Selection so they now have knowledge of plenty of human models to "replicate". What's to stop the reps from making a RepApophis or a RepSokar? TPTB could literally bring back anyone. Of course they'd be reps.

I kind of like Tara's idea of the Sam switch taking place but that would mean RepSam will have been cuddling with Pete for the first half of season 8. Maybe that's intended to take the sting out of the Sam/Pete relationship for the S/J shippers. ;)

Also like Shadow's idea of RepSam having the same "flaw" as Fifth.

All in all I think this could be an interesting twist. I like the human replicators as a nemesis, so I hope they go all out with that arc. :D

ShadowMaat
June 11th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Maybe there'll be a transporter- I mean, gate malfunction and it spits out two Carters. Think they'll go the ol' GoodCarter, EvilCarter route? ;)

Hmm... except they can't exactly give EvilCarter a goatee to show she's evil, can they? I mean, they could, but that'd be kinda ick. Maybe she'll style her hair different or something...

tara3583
June 11th, 2004, 08:14 AM
If tptb go with replicater Sam i think it would
be a great idea to slowly show us a changeing
Sam through s8 then it might tie in with what
Amanda has said about Sam going darkside!

I love the idea of replicater Sam with Pete and
him wondering what has happened to "his" Sam:)
It could lead to all sorts of trouble!

David85
June 11th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Oh brother...

Just when I thought it was bad enough seeing ONLY Sam for an hour each week, now they cloning her, how great.... :-/

Liebestraume
June 12th, 2004, 05:35 PM
spy on the humans.
This idea has a lot of potentials. However, if TPTB decides to go wth this, I hope it'll be in the early part of the season. With the series winding down, I'd like to see many loose ends tied up, not "oh, btw, nothing is what it seemed in the last 17 episodes."

Lord You
June 12th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Sounds like a good way to get Sam hocked up with both Jack and Pete.... Sam 2.0 and miniJack of course! ;-)

I personally don't like the idea of Sam 2.0 being a replicated version: It seems too much like what happened to Dr. Bashir in DS9.

VixyOwl (~~Ani)
June 12th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Oh, well, I never said robo-SG-1 would be likely, but a girl can dream, can't she? *sigh*...
Hey: A girl, if you'll pardon the expression, can ALWAYS dream....

...especially when she's got good ideas. :)

Add Luke in there somehow, and you're golden. :D

Beckmen
June 13th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Bah, another Alternate Reality episode would be good! Imagine SG-1 facing down Goaulded counter-parts of themselves (O'Neill as a snakehead, complete with robes and all that would rule!). Carter's Goa'uld could cake on the Eastern-influenced makeup, that'd be a cool look for a change. And Teal'c killing AU Bra'tac for defying his God...think of the possibilities!!! Ra could be back as the Uber-Goa'uld, man, I could go on and on.

aAnubiSs
June 13th, 2004, 07:54 AM
The reps originally honored their creator (Reese) by taking human form. They invaded SG-1's minds in Unnatural Selection so they now have knowledge of plenty of human models to "replicate". What's to stop the reps from making a RepApophis or a RepSokar? TPTB could literally bring back anyone. Of course they'd be reps.

That would be so cool. Replicators looking like Apophis and Sokar, building ships like the goa'uld, only much more powerful. All for the purpose of becoming Supreme System Lord :>

Thor
June 13th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Ok guys, here is the solution :)
5TH ACT SPOILER
B
I
G

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Meanwhile, that icky Replicator prison created around Carter earlier
still exists on Fifth's ship, and he's talking to it as though it's a
person. And a person, dripping in goo and stark naked steps out of
it. The camera swings around to show it's a replica of Carter in a
Replicator humanoid body.

Got this from a guy who already watched New Order (Press Release)
:)

Mr Prophet
June 13th, 2004, 11:06 AM
And who called Sam-bot in the New Order thread? Eh? Eh?

Now see, if they were going to be daring they'd turn up weirdy, confused replica Sam in a Replicator lab, spend forty-five minutes 'probing' and interrogating the copy, trying to find a way to identify such a duplicate in the future, then learn that the Sam they've been working with for the past seven episodes is actually the Replicator.

Thor
June 13th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Get all information here:
http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/index.php?seite=artikel&aktion=show&ID=131

bcmilco
June 13th, 2004, 11:19 AM
You should list that as a 5th act spoiler! not just a 'big spoiler' ;)

Thor
June 13th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Yeah, you're right :D
I changed this, thanks :D :P

Bagpuss
June 13th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Seems very like it,BCM....,unless the info isn't final,IMO. ;)
See Thor's already put it right,though. :)

bcmilco
June 13th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Seems very like it,BCM....,unless the info isn't final,IMO. ;)
See Thor's already put it right,though. :)

Yeah but better safe then sorry! ;)

Thanks for changing it Thor! :)

David85
June 13th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Damn sounds good, but it doesn't sound like they can finish everyhting up in 20 episodes.

bcmilco
June 13th, 2004, 11:37 AM

Okay I caved and read this whole thing... now I'm afraid I've spoiled myself too much :S

I'm just soooo weak ;)

Sounds really, really good though. :)

priornavalperson
June 13th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Damn sounds good, but it doesn't sound like they can finish everyhting up in 20 episodes.Naturally, they have to leave something for season 9. :D

Thor
June 13th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Okay I caved and read this whole thing... now I'm afraid I've spoiled myself too much
Yeah, very massive spoilers but it sounds like a damn good episode.

Naturally, they have to leave something for season 9.
Exactly, I hope they keep something for a 9th season, but it sounds like they are going to get every storyline to an end.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
Asgard getting new home, only one replicator still alive... so we have to see what's coming out of this.

Kelso
June 13th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Ooooo.... I can't wait!

Elwe Singollo
June 21st, 2004, 10:56 PM
Me too! Sounds promising :)

Anubis
June 22nd, 2004, 07:15 AM
Sounds very interesting...

DarkQuee1
June 22nd, 2004, 12:20 PM

Could you post the spoiler here (with all appropriate warnings)? When I click on that link I get a site in German (and I'm afraid I haven't taken any German since college!) *and* I can't seem to find "Gemini".

Thanks.

J.

Thor
June 22nd, 2004, 01:14 PM
I'm so sorry, I had to remove the information/spoiler.
SG1_spoilme told me to remove the information (I got them from there), so you have to check http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme/ for the infos.

Elwe Singollo
June 22nd, 2004, 01:30 PM
Yah, i was wondering where it was, i had a big "?" over my head.