This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you miss Hammond?

I will , so sad that he won't be a regular, but i kind of like the idea of him (spoiler) - - - commanding Enterprise, err, i mean Prometheus instead of sitting down in the SGC everyday.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

I'll miss him too. Always liked his appearances,and I've a lot of admiration for Don.S.Davis too.*Sigh*

I know the PTB have to make changes, and sometimes actors just want to move on, and do other roles,or other things,but, IMO,Hammond was/is a really lovely guy!

*Off to read some spoilers*(Must have missed reading some! )
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I will miss his sense of humour, and hias patience to put up with Jack! It was funny when Teal'c and him were in the Needle-Threader going off to save SG-1, and he lets out a big "YEEEEEE-HAAAAAWWWWWWW!" That for me is a General Hammond moment.

Comment

Yes, I'll definately miss General Hammond, he interacted well with all of the characters. When he and Teal'c went through the gate to rescue SG1 is also one of my favorite moments.
        "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

I will miss General Hammond a lot. He is such a great character and was the perfect choice for the SG-Project. I mean he was both, a strong leader for the SGC but at the same time he is a very lovely person and cared about every SG-Team member. And Don S. Davis is an amazing actor, I'll miss him, too.

Comment

Here are some of my favourite Hammond moments:

Menace- Getting to see him finally wield a gun! I loved him in that ep!

Into The Fire- Him and Teal'c in that cool ship. When he blows that weapon up....ah, classic. Brings a tear to my eye.....

Chain Reaction- The way he'll do anything for his grand-daughters, even give up the job he loves doing.

Broca Divide- Him turning into one of 'The Touched'. I thought it was funny, lol.

1969- Just Hammond in general during that episode.

Any others?
            "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Of course I'll miss Hammond. He's been a great part of the show for seven years, who wouldn't miss him
              __

__

Comment

The thing with General Hammond is that it would have been so easy for TPTB to make him a shouting (bombastic was the word Brad Wright used I think) general. This would have been a device to have lots of episodes back on Earth dealing with issues arising from a commanding officer who held them back from exploration. It would have been a fairly obvious attempt to save money when required, and would have spoiled the atmosphere of the SGC. By making him a normal human being, it not only ensures the continued co-operation of the USAF, but also an audience who would turn off if it was just another episode of the angry general. Thats why hes so important. I guess with the NID and Kinsey TPTB still got the opportunity to avoid the gate once in a while, but because its an external factor - it doesnt spill over into the day-to-day workings of the SGC. Hammond rules. Don Davis rules. Hope we see more of him in the future, perhaps he could come and knock Jack down a notch when he lets the power get to his head and screws up .

omnian: others? how about "Point of View" alternate Hammond, and "Prophecy" Hammond - both show how he would be in a nightmare situation at SGC. That last shot of him in Jonas' premonition in "Prophecy" is just amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                  *Off to read some spoilers*(Must have missed reading some! )
                  I'm not even sure i'm right about that part , i am just assuming since the episode 'Prometheus Unbound'' seems to show that Hammond is 'on' the ship working there (i think)... Haha...

Comment

One of my fave "Hammond" moments was in "Upgrades" when Jack was in his office,bugging the tarnation out of him to let SG-1 use their "enhanced abilities" to go kick some Goa'uld butt.Ever patient but finally had to beg him to "just get the hell out of my office".He wasn't nasty or anything,just at his wits end.

"Threading the needle" yee-hah bit was priceless.

About the only way I can really sum him up is that if I could choose a "Boss",it'd be him.He knew how to cut slack when neccessary,& when to lower the boom.
                    nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Yes i'll miss him

SPOILERS FOR SEASON 8 LATER EPISODES
                      \\
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      I'm really glad that tptb have not just dumped
                      him and we are going to see him on the ship
                      again. He has a fantastic commanding presence
                      about him and i can't wait to see where the
                      writers will take him now
                      ......TARA......

Comment

Yah, i hope if we do a get a S9, Hammond will be a recurring character, like Jacob and Bra'tac.

Comment

I loved the look on his face in Window of Opportunity when Jack kissed Sam. Priceless.
                          "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Yah, i loved that! He was such a butt at the very first episode though, haha, but that was for a good reason.

Comment

Very much so.
                              "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Working...
                              X