This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are People Getting Sick and Tired of the Current Atlantis Storyline

I was wondering, how people are feeling about the current storyline involving the sgA team finding energy sources to get home. I dont know, I hope it ends soon and get into the real meat and patatoe storylines. And are people getting afraid, this might be another voyager thing, where they overplayed getting home stories, but its dashed. Please Please get away from the zpm finding storyline, and start again.

Martim Gero says this next season will give us alot more story line on how the Wraith came to be and the Ancients. So it should satisfy you.
    302's lead the way!

Comment

The pressing need to find power to get back to Earth will end as of the season premiere on July 15.

Darren

Comment

thats great news I was getting tired of all of these stories that always involved them looking for ZPM's. There great, but it was getting stale. Or all of the episodes that involved them getting home, but always getting dashed somehow. It was getting alittle voyager like.

Originally posted by GateWorld
        The pressing need to find power to get back to Earth will end as of the season premiere on July 15.

Darren

Comment

GASP! We must never let SGA become voyager like.
          302's lead the way!

Comment

Voyager is only the most recent and memorable example of travelers stuck a long way from home, trying to get back. Lost in Space is another example. And Otherworld. And probably dozens of others. It's a staple of the genre. That being said, it's also nearly impossible for a show to have any kind of premise that doesn't make people gripe about how it's "ripping off" another show.

I didn't find the few eps of Atlantis that specifically concentrated on trying to find ZPMs to be terribly overbearing or Voyager-like (not that I watched VOY, anyway). It isn't as if EVERY SINGLE EPISODE focused on trying and failing to get home and towards the end there was a specific, plot-driven need to concentrate on it.

I liked season 1. I plan to buy it on DVD eventually. I'm also looking forward to season 2 and although I know some issues are going to be resolved fairly fast, I wouldn't care if they DID continue with the occasional "must find ZPM" story or similar home-oriented theme. *shrug*

Comment

Hey i'm not saying it's a bad show. I watched it when I was younger and liked it, and I still do. And props to you for actually wanting to go out and buy the DVD's and not download them.
              302's lead the way!

Comment

Atlantis in terms of storylines has given me very little to complain about. That being said, Im glad there taking the show in a different direction while not resorting to asking Earth for help everytime there in a rut. Im under the impression even though they'll be able to go home they can't go often.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                  I was wondering, how people are feeling about the current storyline involving the sgA team finding energy sources to get home. I dont know, I hope it ends soon and get into the real meat and patatoe storylines. And are people getting afraid, this might be another voyager thing, where they overplayed getting home stories, but its dashed. Please Please get away from the zpm finding storyline, and start again.
                  No, I'm not tired of it, not just yet. Maybe if it continues to be a strong focus in the next two seasons I'll be tired of it but I don't want the show to suddenly lose that tension, it gets from the sense of impending doom when it has just barely started. That may be far worse than what they already have. It's only the first season. Barely anything has happened as yet.

It's a matter of taste I suppose. I liked Voyager. I tend to stick with the shows I like all the way through, enjoy as much of it as I can while it's on and not critique too much until I'm watching syndicated reruns. It's just more fun that way.
                  Last edited by MarshAngel; 02 June 2005, 06:48 PM.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Well, the whole getting home thing was a bit important. Those eps didn't bother me much. Without it we wouldn't have gotten Before I Sleep, and I loved that one. But either way, it won't be an issue in July.
                    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                    Daniel: Oh! You see?
                    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

So what do you thinks gonna be the new story line. I'm thinking finding and bringing back Ford will be an important one. Also, following and getting background on Dex. I know theres more I can't think of right now.
                      302's lead the way!

Comment

Well, its nice to know my sig is still relevant all these months later!
                        Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

lol, well-played.
                          302's lead the way!

Comment

Yah the voyager stuff will hopefully be over, though we will still see a few episodes dealing with finding zpm's so we can bring the city to full power. Now its no longer about running, it should be about how to fight the wraith.
                            Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

We are only on the first season. I think we need to give the show a chance to grow. They put alot of information into just 20 episodes. I feel they are doing a terrific job of building the show.

The question which comes to my mind is why people have to have everything resolved so fast? Where is the fun in following the story if it gets over so soon. This is a series not a movie. From what I understand they have only been at Atlantis for a few months. I don't know about some people but I want the chance to enjoy the development of the show. SG-1 got the chance to develop, so why not SGA?

Not only am I going to buy the box set but I also have The Rising dvd on pre-order.
                              Last edited by Atlantis1; 02 June 2005, 08:54 PM. Reason: add last line
                              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                              Individuality is freedom lived.
                              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Working...
                              X