This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite?

What is your absolute favorite episode in each season? And why? Try to keep it down to one ep per season, as hard as that might be.

Season One There but for the Grace of God: I love the alternative reality eps. They're scary with the technobabble - but they're also quite challenging. And they present an interesting new scope.
    Season Two The Fifth Race: Love learning about the asgard. But also just general backstory.
    Season ThreeLegacy: man, crazy daniel is sexy. but beyond that it brings out the actors' talents.
    Season Four Window of Opportunity: who wouldnt want this kind of experience? And Jack is really quite creative with how he plans his days.
    Season Five Wormhole x-treme: yay, how funny is this ep. I love the end where the ship comes and the camera guy gets told to film it under the impression it's special effects.
    Season Six Paradise Lost: One of O'niell's best eps.
    Season Seven Lost City Part 1: I love this just because you see Jack struggling on a cross word while shaving. And his answer to 10 down? Classic!

I haven't seen all episodes of SG-1, but I'll say this:

your favorites are my favorites!!

I like the "odd" standout episodes, the alternate reality and time travel ones. Go figure!!

Only two that might be different for me would be

Season Three: URGO... a comedy goldmine, and a nice person told me about this episode after I inquired about the quote in his sig involving "Jaffa cakes", I had no idea what it meant. This was such a funny episode which had some great character moments.

Season Seven: I personally go with Pt II because the first half seemed to move kind of slowly for me, and didn't carry that much dramatic weight (i.e. the confrontation with Anubis and all that)
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Season 1: Thors Hammer - This is my S1 favorite because its the first time we see that they are other powerful beings that aren't Goa'uld who also impersonate them as gods, and it introduces Thor, love that little alien

Season 2: The Fifth Race - Favorite for S2 because wow, i loved the idea of the Ancient Depository going into Jacks head, and him doing all these random things, which ends up being something important. And i think this is the episode where we actually see more than one Asgard alien

Season 3: Legacy - Favorite episode of the season because the Daniel in the mental hospital was great (his acting), and kind of freaky when he saw Machello right next to Teal'c, it was like a dead thing, but anyways, really good episode, brings out the talent, but maybe not alot of other peoples favorites..

Season 4: Window of Opportunity - What can i say, i loved the way Jack and Teal'c repeated the day, going golfing, taking a break, etc , it was such a funny episode.

Season 5: Meridian - Although this is the episode that pains me alot, it is my favorite S5 episode since it the introduction of Jonas Quinn, my second most favorite character in the show. It shows that Daniel is the better person, and that Jonas's people (except him of course) are cowards and losers, well thats my opinion on them I thought it was sad how he Daniel died I also enjoyed the Daniel/Jonas scenes.

Season 6: Abyss - I totally loved the scenes between Daniel/Jack, and the scenes with Sam/Teal'c/Jonas finding a way to save Jack. The acting was just 'superior' when Daniel and Jack were fighting about how Jack would do all these things to help Daniel if he were the one ascended, really good drama in this episode as well.

Season 7: Fallen/Homecomming - I know this episode(s) may not be peoples favorite (actually Lost City part 2 came tied, but i wanted to talk about Fallen/Homecomming), but i like this episode because it showed the return of Daniel, although i was pretty pissed because it was also the unfortunate departure of Jonas But i liked it mostly because it had Jonas/Daniel working with each other on Anubis's ship, Teal'c getting help from Yu, Jack/Sam in their brand new ship disabling Anubis's shields? I forgot... But it had multple things happening, i just loved it.
      Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 11 June 2004, 09:31 AM.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

you had better reasons than i did

but you're right - the ancient's knowledge in Jack's brain.... hhmmm
        but thats the brilliance of it i suppose..

because if he ever had the patience to sit down and sort it all out, he could probably understand much of what he's doing.

that and learn a whole new language

Comment

Maybe he should have written down some 'learning ancient language' notes or something, that would have been a plus for the team.

Comment

This is hard because my favorites can change, but these are my favorites at the current moment.

Season 1: Within the Serpent's Grasp - Awesome way to end the 1st season with Apophis on his way to destroy Earth. Oddly, one of my favorite parts is when Jack sees that they are passing Saturn, so he knows that they are in Earth's solar system even though Sam said it would take a year to reach Earth.

Season 2: Secrets - First time we are introduced to Jacob Carter, so that's a plus one of my favorite recurring characters. But, I liked the story with Sha're coming back and being pregnant with Apophis' child, that was interesting.

Season 3: Jolinar's Memories - I loved this episode, I remember watching this when it first aired and I believe it was the mid-season finale so the reveal of Apophis at the end was great. Sokar was a good bad guy, too bad we didn't see more of him.

Season 4: Window of Opportunity - I absolutely love this episode, has to be one of the funniest things I've seen. Jack and Teal'c are great in this one. My favorite part is when Jack is explaining to Teal'c what going crazy means.

Season 5: Enemies - This one had it all action, comedy, great VFX.

Season 6: Abyss - Some really great acting by RDA and MS in this one, loved their interaction, some very amusing moments there. Loved Baal, makes a great bad guy, would like to see more of him.

Season 7: Lost City - This was a great episode, everyone did a wonderful job on this one. It was great to see General Hammond commanding the Prometheus, that was cool.
            "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by elhSG1
              Season 6: Abyss - Some really great acting by RDA and MS in this one, loved their interaction, some very amusing moments there. Loved Baal, makes a great bad guy, would like to see more of him.
              I liked the part where Jack says, "You want to be Oma".

Comment

Oma Desala reminds me of one of those angels from Touched By An Angel -- but in a good way!
                Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Season One The Torment of Tantalus: We get to see the 'weakness' in Daniel's character (later to resurface when we find out part of the reason his relationship with Sarah didn't work out), but mainly because it gives incredible back-story to the gate. And it's the beginning of the meaning of life stuff. And Ernest is just too funny!
                  Season Two The Fifth Race: Love how this ep is the beginning of the major developments we are currently seeing...and gotto love the Asgard.
                  Season Three Crystal Skull: Because of the giant Allllieeeeeens.
                  Season Four 2010: So cool. So, so cool. Loved seeing what SG1 might be like in the future plus O'Neill was super-sexy. Only he could make flannel look good.
                  Season Five Menace: Reece was amazing. Great acting by her, MS and RDA. I just loved the way she had this innocent evilness going on...and how the legacy of that is continuing.
                  Season Six Abyss: Absolutely brilliant acting. One of the best O'neill eps. The camera work was amazing and I totally believed all the effects.
                  Season Seven Heroes Part 2: This was just a really powerfully written ep and was a great homage to our team and all the 'little people' at the SGC.

Wow. That was really hard. There are so many I wanted to list that only just didn't make it. Like Lost city, Unnatural selection, paradise lost just to name a few.

How lucky that there are so many eps I can watch over and over again

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                    Wow. That was really hard. There are so many I wanted to list that only just didn't make it. Like Lost city, Unnatural selection, paradise lost just to name a few.

How lucky that there are so many eps I can watch over and over again
                    I know how you feel! I wanted to put Lost City as my favorite, but i just had another in mind... Haha...

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                      Maybe he should have written down some 'learning ancient language' notes or something, that would have been a plus for the team.
                      Heh, too bad he would be immune to the effects of those armband thingies now, or they could have had him whip out a copy of Ancients for Dummies in under 2 hours
                      Fitness Buddies

Comment

;p Ancients for Dummies, haha, hey i would totally buy it

Comment

Originally posted by Sicarius
                          Heh, too bad he would be immune to the effects of those armband thingies now, or they could have had him whip out a copy of Ancients for Dummies in under 2 hours
                          well, they could always stick a tokra memory visualisation device on him, like they did on the super soldier.

that could help. then daniel could do the transcribing.

ohhh wait! if they find another one of those deposit thingies, they should just go pick up jonas. he's probably in a better position to keep all or some of that information.

hhmmm possible future plot lines? if it continues after season 8?

Comment

Working...
                          X