This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A weird Wraith question

OK I looked but did not find a topic about this so I am going to ask this *if there is I am sorry*

OK so the atlantians say that they found the wraith than the wraith came and culled them. How did the wraith survive before meeting the atlantians and culling humans. Also if they did resort to canabalisim but how come they were able to reproduce fast enought and create a fleet large enougth to be a challange to the ancients.

just wondering
    I am voric a powerful yet sissy system lord. Fell my never ceaseless wrath or else.......

To answer that question watch season 1 episode "The Gift" as for the large fleet we may find out more about that in season 2. So far from what we know is
    Spoiler:
    the wraith evolved after the ancients arrived in Pegasus galaxy, the wraith are human/ bugs from "38 minutes" hybrids
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

It's not as though the Ancients were fighting with the Wraith from day one. We know from the opening shot of Rising that the Ancients left Earth for Pegasus several million years ago--plenty of time for a species to evolve and advance technologically. We also learn in The Seige, Part 2 that
      Spoiler:
      the Ancients were only in direct conflict with the Wraith for the last 100 years or so before they left for Earth 10,000 years ago.
      Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Also the Wraith hiberbated in the hive ships, with the few Wraith left alowed to feed off the remaing humans in the Galaxy

Comment

OT but on the wraith, when Lt Ford capped that wraith guard in Rising did he waste him or did the guy eventually get up. I remember it being a headshot so I wonder.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
          - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Originally posted by Panther
            OT but on the wraith, when Lt Ford capped that wraith guard in Rising did he waste him or did the guy eventually get up. I remember it being a headshot so I wonder.
            No you dont see him getting up so i think we can asume he's dead.
            For some reason i think its easier to kill wraith guards than other wraith like bob even though that makes no sense...

Comment

Well the guard he "capped" he did hit in the head..those shots usually kill the first time around haha. It also could depend on whos easier to kill on which ones fed more recently. Remember in "The Defiant One" Shep. said he put 20+ bullets in that Wraith and he said he'd seen other go down with much less.
              302's lead the way!

Comment

For all we know they might be able to/have been able to feed on other animals but just don't get as much pleasure or nourishment out of it.
                sigpic

Comment

Well nothing a good badiche won't take care of. Swipe thier heads, and watch their defeat.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                  - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

a head is a terrible thing to.....well lose
                    302's lead the way!

Comment

To answer we don't really know. But think they are hybrids with the bugs.

Comment

I have another weird wraith question, They "eat" us with their hands by sucking the life out of us right, does that mean they consume nothing through their mouths, what are their teeth for then and finally do they drink water?

Comment

I have no evidence to support this, but no..all they need to do is feed. And if you read the Annals of the Curator, it says "some of us will never have to feed again". Which just adds to their creepieness.
                          302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
                            For all we know they might be able to/have been able to feed on other animals but just don't get as much pleasure or nourishment out of it.
                            Maybe human is considered to be a delicacy, and if they're not feeding on humans, then, by wraith standards, they just aren't feeding. (In style).

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

There was the whole the wraith manipulating the humans DNA to make the feeding process more efficient stuff… maybe they have a very small range of efficient feeding? People only type thing...

Comment

Working...
                              X