This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Of... Sam'n'Jack shippy eps

So I've got this friend who will only watch Stargate with me if it's a Sam'n'Jack episode. Naturally, this gets frustrating because I call her up and say "Guess what's on!" and get "Is it ship? No? Call me when Window of Opportunity is on again..."

SO!! What are your favorite Sam'n'Jack shippy episodes? It can be one that is mostly ship or has a few great ship moments (Window of Opportunity, Broca Divide etc). Include the title and episode number to make it easy for people to find, cuz it's nice. If you want to tack on a few comments about why you like the episode feel free.

To start things off, I'll make my contribution.

Beneath the Surface: 410 It's really fun because you get to see how Sam'n'Jack might have acted if they weren't held back by regs. I think they're much more relaxed and honest. Plus the whole "feeling feelings." "for me?" "no. For Tor." is cute.
    Last edited by weaselgirl; 01 June 2005, 12:17 AM. Reason: formatting blahblahblah
    "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

there's the obvious divide and conquer..
    entity is pretty shippy..
    and point of view too..
    then there's bits in other eps.. threads, moebius 2, death knell..etc
    sigpic
    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

I don't ship Sam and Jack, but in spite of that I laughed really hard at that kiss in Window of Opportunity. Funny, cute, and no all-pervasive ramifications .

Comment

I think Upgrades is a good one...it can be a little bit subtle but it sets up nicely for Divide and Conquer which someone else already suggested!
        Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
        :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Hmm... for me, Evolution Pt. 2. I thought it was very well done (specially at t'end! )

Comment

"Divide & Conquer" and "Threads," because they're the only two eps where we really get something definitive out of either one of them.

Comment

My favorite scene is in Divide and Conquer. But my favorite shippy episode is which ever one I'm watching at the time. If I'm seeing ship in the episode I'm watching, its my favorite!
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Nemesis 322. Jack invites Sam to go fishing. It was awkward and flirty and wonderful. She almost fell under his spell. She almost went. TPTB ruined it for us!!! Lots of nice fanfiction was born!!
                sigpic

Comment

well there's the obvious one's mentioned before. Then the totally flirty Small Victories

and Solitudes. Very dramatic and newly affectionate. They were still getting to know each other but they felt close. Then of course there's Death Knell -Jack searching for her, and comforting her- Paradise Lost-her searching for him- Grace -true feelings anyone?-

Comment

Beneath the Surface is definatly the one that makes you want to punch a hole in the wall, or the one where they had to take the lie detector test.
                    Spoiler:
                    It makes me so mad to think season 9 could have been the year if RDA had stuck around, and I know my wife would love it more than me!
                    sigpic

Comment

100 days, its got the scene when sam admits to Dr fraiser that she likes jack, and spends 4 months of her life creating a partical beem, JUST to get him out
                      Hola

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                        My favorite scene is in Divide and Conquer. But my favorite shippy episode is which ever one I'm watching at the time. If I'm seeing ship in the episode I'm watching, its my favorite!
                        I have to agree that Divide and Conquer is my favorite shippy epi, closely followed by Beaneath the Surface ( even if they aren't in their right minds, I think they really are ). however, if an epi is written by Robert C. Cooper, I've found it rarely contains any ship.

Just my observation. He's a great writer, just not overly sentimental, I guess. OK, he does get a tad sentimental at times. I believe he did write Meridian. But definitely NOT a shipper.
                        Last edited by Atteria; 07 June 2005, 07:35 AM.

Comment

I have to say my favourite 'shippy' scenes are in 'Citizen Joe.' They just seem so comfortable with each other and know each other so well - like they can almost read each others minds. It's so easy to believe they're a couple! And it was nice to see the closeness for a bit after all the awkard tenseness and UST of the past few seasons.
                          Royal Page of Samanda
                          "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Wow! A shipper thread that is short enough for me to read!

"Lost City" came to mind first because I only saw it yesterday, but when I read "Paradise Lost", I remembered that "Metamorphosis" was extremely shippy, too. And probably because I'm really weird and like it when they get a bit confrontational, "2010".

This is just to add new ones, most of the best shippy ones were already mentioned. I can't really name a favorite, though. Not without doing some major thinking...

Comment

I loved Lost City part 1 because when Sam was at Jack's house and Daniel showed up, initially his head didn't go towards the living room where Jack had called from, instead it went towards the back of the house - the bedroom! I love that part!

Comment

Working...
                              X