This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Poll

Who is the character that you dislike the most?I'll go through once a week and tally the scores.

Wow once a week, won't that take a while.. Why don't you ask one of the mods to make you a poll, but then you would have to choose the characters
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Every week?? That seems a little excessive. And a rather tedious project. Either you have a mod come along and create a poll for you and then have them reset it every week (and how could you possibly account for all of the answers people will give?), or you slog through the page methodically keeping tabs on everyone's answers... and I can almost guarantee that people will vote for more than one character, or will pick a character and then change their mind or pick another one the next week so you can't simply cross them off a list... yeesh, I'm getting tired just thinking about it. But hey, if that's really what you wanna do, more power to ya.

Characters I dislike... huh... don't think I like that idea. Will take all my loveable characters off to another thread and leave others to fight this one out.
      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 09 June 2004, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Er.. Shadow? The question is dislike...

I'll just say I really didn't care too much for most of the Tok'ra, but not sure if I'd go so far as to say dislike.
        Last edited by KorbenDirewolf; 09 June 2004, 05:26 PM.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

DISlike?? Why would anyone want to start a poll on that?? That's hardly conducive to positive feeling and comaraderie. Hmmm... think I'll edit my post, then.

Comment

hmm.. maybe I should do the same.
            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Although i wouldn't say to 'not' do this poll, i think that the question of the poll should be changed, to make it less 'negative', although some people think otherwise.

Comment

Hard to make a question like that less negative unless you broaden it to "least favorite character", which I suppose is a little less sketchy than "dislike" anyway.

I'm not objecting to the poll, mind you, I just don't want any part of it now that I know what it's about. I know that two of my most favorite characters are going to appear with depressing regularity in a least favorite poll and some people are less... diplomatic than others in the way they voice their displeasure. *sigh* I know people hate Jonas and Pete. I don't need to see them spitting venom all over a thread to prove it.

Comment

Then don't come to this 'hateful' thread , but i don't mean my post to be 'offensive' to the thread starter by calling this thread hateful

Comment

I'd rather talk about who I like than who I dislike

There are times though when an actor who is a really nice human being will play a totally hateable character, especially if they do it WELL and you just "love to hate" so-and-so, and it's important to separate the two.
                    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                      I'd rather talk about who I like than who I dislike

There are times though when an actor who is a really nice human being will play a totally hateable character, especially if they do it WELL and you just "love to hate" so-and-so, and it's important to separate the two.
                      I totally understand how you feel! I love to hate some characters, like some of the evil people in tv shows, unless they act so bad at it...

Comment

Cool! Yeah, if it's over-the-top and laughable then I don't really enjoy it, unless it's someone like Dr. Evil But yeah, some actors are really good at portraying the baddies... Ronnie Cox does a good job of being the verrry dislikeable Kinsey!! grrr! I hope he gets his comeuppance, same as Ba'al!

One thing I enjoy a lot about SG-1 is the non-politically correct attitude: if Jack wants to pound the stuffing out of a Jaffa, given the opportunity, he will more often than not actually do it!
                        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I'll make a poll for you - but you'd have to let me know what you want. I mean, there are characters I dislike, but they include people like Kinsey who are supposed to be disliked.

But there are also characters I dislike intensely, including Jacob, who are supposed to be the likeable good guys.

So, do you want the poll to show only the characters which are supposed to be disliked, or not include those at all (what about the bad guys like Anubis & Apophis? since we're supposed to dislike them anyway, it seems superflous to put them in the poll)

Anyway, let me know and we can make a spiffy bar chart poll.

I'll look forward to it - I've haven't made a poll here yet.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                            I mean, there are characters I dislike, but they include people like Kinsey who are supposed to be disliked.

But there are also characters I dislike intensely, including Jacob, who are supposed to be the likeable good guys.
                            I know, thats why i had 'mixed' feelings about the creation of this poll, i love to hate some of the characters!

Comment

"love to hate" doesn't seem to me to be dislike of a character, as one is enjoying watching the character.

Comment

Working...
                              X