This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little ''nit-picks'' with SG: Atlantis

The uniforms. Thats something to complain of. I think the uniforms are to varied and doesnt fit the cast. I think that mabye like.....they would all have same colors but the same outline. They dont look ''authentic''. Not like the SG-1 uniforms. They have survival gear, ammo pouches, everything a real soldier has pretty much.

And the cast. They just don't seem to fit somehow. Especcilly the Woman in the animal skin bikini. There are WAY to many sciFi shows/movies when there is a hot woman in a animal skin bikini. How in the world do you make a bikini out of animal hide??

Thats all I can think of at this moment...

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

There's a whole thread somewhere on the uniforms.
    As for the cast, I'm hoping that they just won't be a clone of SG-1. I'm waiting until I've actually seen a few eps to judge them.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I have to agree with SGSLugger on that one. I am caught in the middle on if I like or dislike anything just yet. I am saving that for after I watch a few episodes. I am hoping everything will balance out.

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
        There's a whole thread somewhere on the uniforms.
        As for the cast, I'm hoping that they just won't be a clone of SG-1. I'm waiting until I've actually seen a few eps to judge them.

Sorry about that first one, havent dug around that much yet.

But I know that a clone of SG-1 would kinda blow, but you got to admit, there is to many girls running around in Animal skin bikinis. (Not that there isent anything wrong with that...I'm just saying its a long habit...)

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

Maybe...possibly, She is the first to be sacrificed for the quality-hood of the show.

Comment

How do you make an animal skin bikini, you ask? Very carefully!

You're right, there has been a recent surge of things in that nature, but sadly, it's becoming the way to sell televison, which I have to say is rather disturbing.
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Heck, even Stargate had the women wear fake breasts to improve bust size!!

Comment

Where's the animal skin bikini picture? Help! I can't find it!
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I don't mind the animal skin bikini, I just wish she was a little hotter

Maybe Anise will show back up again
                  "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Hey, everyone knows that if you want a scifi show to succeed, you gotta have a Sexy Alien Female. More, if you can manage it.

Right now, all my hopes for the show rest in the character of McKay... and in some misty water color memories of Joe Flanigan's role on Cupid. I've stopped looking at pics and reading about the Wraith because it makes me all upset and cynical. The story snippets are kinda hit-or-miss, too. I figure the less I know, the happier I can stay about the show.

Comment

Originally posted by PYRO
                      How in the world do you make a bikini out of animal hide??
                      Magnets, obviously.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PYRO
                        The uniforms. Thats something to complain of. I think the uniforms are to varied and doesnt fit the cast. I think that mabye like.....they would all have same colors but the same outline. They dont look ''authentic''. Not like the SG-1 uniforms. They have survival gear, ammo pouches, everything a real soldier has pretty much.
                        If you actually did some research, you would find that the Atlantis uniforms are based on real NASA uniforms that they are starting to use.

And the cast. They just don't seem to fit somehow. Especcilly the Woman in the animal skin bikini. There are WAY to many sciFi shows/movies when there is a hot woman in a animal skin bikini. How in the world do you make a bikini out of animal hide??
                        Animal skin bikini? That's a cliche... Have a look at the pictures on Gateworld, she's wearing a coat most of the time!

When I first saw Stargate SG-1, I thought the cast didn't "fit" but I think it started to click, for me at least, at the beginning of Season 2 were the show started to hit it's stride. From what I've seen so far, I think the Atlantis team will gel together very well. Like I've said before, I'm really excited about a new Stargate series and it sort of irks me that people continue to bag the show before it has even aired and all we've seen are about 40 images and 2 trailers.
                        "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

No animal skin bikini? Thats not fair to get our hopes up.

Does anyone remember the ratings boosting Jeri Ryan of Voyager? Say she was actually a real Borg and you asked her 'whats with the costume?' she would prolly reply 'it's more aerodynamic' *cough*

Anise would be a nice introduction but aren't the SG1 universe and Atlantis meant to be sorta seperate? So thats prolly not possible, damn!
                          "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                          http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

How does one nitpick something that hasn't aired yet?
                            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I reserve nit piking till I've actually SEEN the show.

But I can say I am EXTREMELY excited about it...So far I love the stories...I think the actors will do great...I already know I'll like Shepard and Mckay...most likely the alien woman too (I don't see a bikini? Over-exageration maybe?)
                              Not sure on Weir...she has an intensity tho...so I think she may go over well.
                              It feels good to be alive.
                              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Working...
                              X