Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical: Commander Cain and the Pegasus?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypothetical: Commander Cain and the Pegasus?

Apparently there are spoilers out there that Galactica will
    Spoiler:
    encounter another Battlestar

Now what if
    Spoiler:
    that Battlestar is the Pegasus?

Assuming Moore want to redo the "Living Legend" storyline of Commander Cain and the Pegasus, who would you want to see in the role originally played by Lloyd Bridges?

Would you want to introduce a character named Sheba as well (originally played by Anne Lockhart, daughter of Mrs. Robinson of Space Family Robinson "Lost in Space" fame)? Who would you want to see play that?
    Last edited by Darth Buddha; 29 May 2005, 05:13 PM.

Well I doubt that Boomer will be piloting much next season so another pilot character would be pretty cool. It doesn't have to be a woman in this show since they don't have to offset the sexism like the original did.
    I have mixed feelings about bringing in another battlestar. The episodes themselves would be cool and it would help bring the fighters back up to full complement. On the other hand BSG is a show that likes to make the characters lives as difficult as possible and giving them more fighters might come across as too convenient. Moore though has done a good job balancing things so far so he would probably be able to deal with this as well.
    What I would like to see is a similar plot line in which the 2 battlestars have to attack the Cylon civilains. Give us the viewers more insight into the Cylons. Right now they are a just a bunch of murderous beings who have weird religous beliefs.

Comment

How about an Admiral Cain who is eager to put his authority over the fleet and refuses to recognize the civilian government? This forces Adama, Roslin, and Zarek into an uneasy alliance due to each's personal agendas and grudges.
      The dynamics of this alliance would be interesting as Adama is the most likely to betray it since he has always been impatient with the civilian govt. Zarek would staunchly defend the govt because it is the only way he could ascend to power.
      Last edited by Unas; 31 May 2005, 06:06 AM.

Comment

You ARE a craft one, Unas.. I like that premise.

So who would you (reasonably) cast? The return of Dirk Benedict (actually, there are rumors he HATES the new show)? Or a Stargate occasional character (Kolya, for example)?

What about a real cast against the flash of Cain from the original... try Don S. Davis... everybody follows him because he's "dad"?

Comment

I don't mind who they cast, but I hope it will be one of the Stargate regulars... I'm just along for the ride.

Comment

maybe Beau Bridges?

Comment

Legacy... that's an intersting suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                Legacy... that's an intersting suggestion.
                Lloyd Bridges was Beau Bridges what? Father?

Comment

Yeap Jeff Bridges and Beau Bridges are the sons of Lloyd Bridges. So either one of them would make an appropriate Commander Cain. At least in my eyes
                  Leaning more towards Jeff thou over Beau.

Comment

Neither one of them has the kind of charisma that their dad had. Lloyd Bridges (of Sea Hunt fame) was actually in the running for Captain Kirk at one point, but wanted more control of the project that Roddenberry was willing to cede.

Not that Cain NECESSARILY has to be a really good looker, but he really DOES need to have lots of charisma.

Comment

If they do introduce Sheba, I think Ingrid Kavelaars (Erin Gant from SG-1 and Erin from Jeremiah) would be good for the role.

Comment

If they definately go with just a rehash of the Living Legend story...and we're talking Stargate Alum, then I think John DeLancie would make a great authority fig to have to deal with, be it as an uber commander who doesn't recognize the civilian govt or just a competing battlestar commander.

But...

Since they've not yet given the details of the nature of the encounter of the other battlestar, it could be a very well done death story. Perhaps a dead battlestar is found. Engines and weapons gone and beyond repair and the ep focuses on the death of the crew via ships logs and at the same time the replenishment of supplies for the Galactica. - it's a time honoured scifi space fleet theme.
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Yep, it all depends on how they do it. I sincerely doubt a "rehash" would follow the original closely at all.

Note that Starkbuck's crash landing on a planet and making a Cylon "friend" to try to get back into space has SOME of the elements of a "Galactica 1980" plot... but after that it changes EVERYTHING.

So I doubt a "Living Legend" like episode would turn out the same, or that the characters might not have radically different motivations.

John de Lancie sounds like an interesting choice... however, having already played one omnipotent being, the first Galactica character from the original that I associated him with was the dreaded Count Iblis!

Comment

Working...
                          X