Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someong give me an in-depth definition of "Spamming"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someong give me an in-depth definition of "Spamming"?

Anyone? Anyone at all?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

It depends on the context. "Spamming" in terms of email means sending out masses of unwanted solicitous emails- all those ads to "enhance" body parts or reduce fat or teen prostitution or whatever.

"Spamming" in terms of a bboard means posting lots and lots of messages where one or two would do, having actual "conversations" in the middle of a thread which don't relate to the subject and may not relate to anything at all.

Spamming in terms of food means hurling canned or uncanned spam at passing individuals.

I could probably find a link for a more in-depth definition of the first type of spamming. Might take some work on the second. Either way it will have to wait until I get home.

Comment

Wow Shadow. That was a deep explanation. You certainly can't be tested against the meaning of this word. I was going to post something along these lines, then you beat me! lol

I never thought of the canned food though
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        "Spamming" in terms of a bboard means posting lots and lots of messages where one or two would do, having actual "conversations" in the middle of a thread which don't relate to the subject and may not relate to anything at all.
        I think thats your definition of Spamming on bboards Because having an actual conversation in a middle of a thread that doesn't relate to the subject just means we are going off topic, and we should quickly go back on topic, its like an essay on 7up, its not good to go talk about Drpepper when your talking about 7up
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Reason why i'm not a spammer, or maybe sometimes i am... :

When i do go off topic, it ususally was originally about the topic, but it just got out of hand sometimes.

According to this site that i found on google... what i do is pretty different from spamming, i don't advertise anything, i don't talk to myself, i don't recomend people to other bboards, etc, although i can touch the lines of sometimes spamming, it isn't my purpose to do so.
        Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 09 June 2004, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting this link lmj. I'm a bit clearer on what "Spamming" actually is now!
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Spamming for message boards at least

Comment

Yes.I see what Shadow's getting at too.

I looked at various other pages too on the link.

Comment

NO!!! That's not what I meant at all,lmj!

I meant the Types of Spamming ,like those ads etc!Not you!

Comment

Oh hehe, kk, then disregard that pm i just sent you

Comment

Ok!!

Comment

Glad your at least one person that doesn't think so

Comment

Stay cool,lmj! Don't let stuff get to you.Never helps,IMO!

If anyone's being offensive around the Forum ,"Private Message" the Moderators and explain the problem to them,as if you get involved in anything on the Threads,even if you're just trying to defend yourself,I can guarantee that some Poster will start being defensive, and others will think they have a "Go ahead" to be offensive back, and so on........

That's why the Forum has rules of conduct,really.

I want to make clear that I'm not trying to attack you or anyone else!
                        I'm just trying to help out with some friendly advice!

I have to say that link was very useful for me, lmj,as I freely admit I hadn't a clue before,as to what on Earth this "Spamming" term actually meant!

I promise I'll never use that term towards you,as I can see why it can hurt!

I hope this reply is helpful,as I really enjoy the Forum,and I don't like seeing you, or anyone else, getting hurt,instead of having honest fun.

Go enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                          Anyone? Anyone at all?
                          LOLZ OMG! yeah SPAMAZING POST!!!!

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                          from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

If i didn't see that 'sarcasm' face, i was about to write an angry letter, haha...

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                              I hope this reply is helpful,as I really enjoy the Forum,and I don't like seeing you, or anyone else, getting hurt,instead of having honest fun.

Go enjoy!
                              Your the coolest, aren't you

Comment

Working...
                              X